If I have the option, I always try to visit restaurant or bar during happy hour. This is the time when drinks are offered at a lower price. Some places even offer more than discounts such as free drinks or half-price appetizers. My personal favorite for happy hour is Yard House, where you can get half-price pizza, onion rings, wings, and chicken wraps during happy hour.
If you’re planning to promote a happy hour menu, check out this huge list of phrases, taglines, and social media captions.
- Happy Hour Captions
- Happy Hour Quotes
- Happy Hour Name Ideas
- Happy Hour Hashtags
- Happy Hour Taglines
- Drunk Captions for Instagram
- Happy Hour Captions for Restaurants
- Virtual Happy Hour Quotes
- Bar Captions for Instagram
- What Does Happy Hour Mean?
Happy Hour Captions
Announce your place’s happy hour with these captions.
- What would I give to have an all-day happy hour!
- We go together like Fridays and happy hour.
- The best hour is happy hour.
- Buy two drinks, get one free.
- Free chips for every 3 drinks.
- Wanna be happy? Visit us during our happy hours.
- Happy discounts on food during happy hour.
- Happy hour drinks—in moderation.
- Feeling stressed? Visit us and we’ll help drown your stress away.
- Happy days are coming.
Related Reading: 155+ Funny Tequila Captions and Quotes You Can’t Forget
- Sadness is not allowed here tonight.
- Meet new friends, enjoy new drinks.
- Brand-new cocktails for this happy hour
- Bring your friends every night during happy hours.
- Keep calm and enjoy happy hour.
- Live each hour as if it’s happy hour.
- Smile! It’s happy hour!
- This bar belongs to happy people.
- Let’s take care of your stresses and blues, shall we?
- We have the right drink for you during our happy hour.
- Each hour in our bar is indeed a happy one.
Happy Hour Quotes
What do famous people have to say about happy hour?
- “Why limit happy to an hour?” -WC Fields
- “Happy hour is slightly different in the Soviet Union. There are no ice cubes or orange-peel twists in the vodka. Also, it lasts all day.” – PJ O’Rourke
- “Fair thoughts and happy hours attend on you” – William Shakespeare
- “Happy Hour: a depressing comment on the rest of the day and a victory for the most limited Dionysian view of human nature.” – John Ralston Saul
- “Enough of that depressing stuff. It’s happy hour, for crying out loud.” – Jeff Davis
“A happy hour, just so we are on the same page is period during which a restaurant or bar offers discounted food, special low priced appetizers, and discounted drinks.” – Thomas Morrell
- “A happy hour should bring people in when they are not normally there.” – Thomas Morrell
- “A bad happy hour will hurt, not help, your business. If you’re going to do it, do it great.” – Ray Foley
- “Wind up on the very same pile / Two-fifty for a decade / And a buck and half for a year happy hour / Happy hour, happy hour is here” – Gordon Downie
Related Reading: 101+ Funny Drinking Margarita Captions and Quotes for Social Media
- “Commercial bars have created a new term in recent years to describe the period of drinking of the ‘cocktail’. They use the expression ‘Happy Hour’ to connote the period of time.” – Mary Douglas
- “What would a Happy Hour be like without drinking or a buffet when you aren’t hungry? Why do we have to go extremes to see things?” – Javier Otaduy
- “Enjoy thankfully any happy hour heaven may send you, nor think that your delights will keep till another year.” – Horace
“Further, happy hour drinking increased total consumption; the increase was in addition to, rather than a substitution for, drinking at other times.” – Mark Galizio
- “Personally, I can’t see why it would be any less romantic to find a husband in a nice four-color catalogue than in the average downtown bar at happy hour.” – Barbara Ehrenreich
- “It’s happy hour again / I think I might be happy if I wasn’t out with them / And they’re happy it’s a lovely place to be / Happy that the fire is real the barman is a she” – Ian Peter Cullimore
- “The best time to offer a happy hour is outside of your normal busy hours.” – Thomas Morrell
- “Happy Hour is from 6 PM to 8 PM seven days a week. All drinks are two-for-one. An ATM cash machine is inside the bar.” – Mac Jamison
- “Just because it’s called happy hour, Happy, don’t mean you gotta be there.” – Adam Horowitz
- “Happy hour / One taste and I am wasted / Gets me high / You’re my happy hour” – Joe Thomas
- “Some bars choose to only serve food during happy hour, a period of time designed to draw a crowd with special pricing and promotions.” – Ray Foley
- “You’re somewhat useful at work but irreplaceable at happy hour.” – Unknown
Happy Hour Name Ideas
You can use your creativity to give your happy hour a unique name.
- It’s All Happy
- Drink Discounts Galore
- A Time of Happiness
- Drinks on The House
- Joyful Hours
- A Few Smiley Hours
- Drinks to Happiness
- A Time for You
- The Day Drink
- A Time for Laughter
- The Smileys
- Happy Drinks
- The Drink Nest
- Worry Not
- Where Sadness Ends
- Hours of Smiles
- Best Drinks
- Moonlight Song
- When Stars Align
- The Song and Dance Hour
- Happy Toasts
- Happy Glasses
Happy Hour Hashtags
These happy hour hashtags allow you to be searched easily on social media platforms.
Happy Hour Taglines
Are you letting people know that you’re now offering happy hour? Use these taglines.
- Seriously, it’s really happy.
- If you really want to be happy, visit us at (insert happy hour time).
- You ain’t seen happy yet.
- Drain glasses without draining your wallets.
- Happy drinks, happy company, happy hour
- There’s a reason why our “happy hours” is plural.
- Your kind of happy hour
- Cheers for good times and great friends
- Look forward to being happy
- Happy hour—not just drinks
- We don’t limit “happy” to an hour.
- Don’t worry, be happy.
- Leave the blues at the door.
- It’s all positive energy here.
- Release the joy.
- Only smiles, laughter, and good times are allowed here.
- We all love a good time.
- Best happy hour of your life.
- Come in and have a happy hour.
- A feast for the mind!
- Happy nights are here.
Drunk Captions for Instagram
For some reason, people want to show themselves or their friends having one drink too many. Use these captions to make your viewers guffaw in laughter.
- No one looks good when drunk.
- Everyone looks fine when you’ve got too much alcohol.
- Don’t worry about being wobbly. Worry about tomorrow’s headache.
- We only live once. But we party forever.
- How do you look when you’re over the edge?
- Why is everyone pretty/handsome?
- The world bounces all over the place.
- Let’s have one more drink.
- I swear I’ll stop drinking—for tonight.
Related Reading: 150+ Catchy Beer Captions Perfect for Instagram
- Promises are made to be broken—especially when drunk.
- Here’s that signature look of the guilty.
- When you have one drink too many…
- Do I look good?
- Looking forward to tomorrow’s headaches.
- Is that colored water in the glass?
- Why does this tequila taste like orange juice?
- The world is beautiful tonight, isn’t it?
- Oh, I love these drinks! Best in the world!
- Heaven can’t wait!
- I’ll never drink again—ever!
- I’ll be sleeping anywhere tonight.
Happy Hour Captions for Restaurants
Let people know that you’re offering happy hour in your restaurant.
- Buy 1 drink, take 1!
- Free bowl of peanuts!
- Free appetizers for a minimum purchase of (X)
- Free appetizers from (indicate time)
- Happy hour in just a few minutes!
- Bring in the bubbles!
- Fine wines available on happy hour
- Time to graduate from beer
- De-stress yourself during our happy hours
- Smile! Tonight’s your hour
- Ladies night specials
- Gentlemen’s hour tonight
- Tonight is a special night
- Drinks with food
- Just for tonight
- Happy hours on (indicate time)
- Include a drink when you choose a food item in our menu
- Custom drinks for you
- Experience our unique cocktails this happy hour
- Enjoy classic cocktails on happy hour
- Dance and drink
Virtual Happy Hour Quotes
Happy hour doesn’t have to happen in a bar. You can have happy hour right in your own home. Just set up a computer and a chat or a video conference with a few good friends. No designated driver required!
- “When you can’t go out to the bar to enjoy happy hour, you can bring the happy hour to you.”
- “Happy margarita Monday. Happy tequila Tuesday. Happy Vodka Wednesday…”
- “When I’m with great buddies, I only count the happy hours.”
- “Be happy during happy hour wherever you may be.”
- “What does WFH mean? Wine From Home.”
- “Zoom is our new favorite bar.”
- “Who needs the bar when we’ve got everything we need right here?”
- “My new bar outfit: PJs”
- “ Have a drink with some good friends—even if it’s virtually.”
- “If we can’t visit the bar, let’s make our own cocktails. Let the bar come to us.”
- “A toast to those who can’t come physically”
- “The best place to wine down is right at home.”
- “Make the most of every hour. Then reward yourself with a great cocktail.”
- “Distance doesn’t dampen good times.”
- “It’s always happy hour o’clock at home.”
- “The happiest of hours is spent at home.”
- “Guys, even if we’re far apart, the spirit of our happy hours live on.”
- “The only thing that would make this happy hour better is having you all by my side.”
- “Cheers from the warmth of my couch.”
- “Let my computer table be my bar table.”
- “They said, ‘Take a pitcher, it’ll last longer.’ Well, that’s what I did.”
Bar Captions for Instagram
Here are some great captions if you wish to capitalize on Instagram as a marketing tool for your bar.
- Just a few hours more to happy hour…
- Live happy hour as if it is your last.
- Half price beer. Count me in!
- World-class drinks on the counter behind me.
- It’s like a beer coupon every day.
- Raise your glass for cheap drinks.
- This is my kind of place!
- Celebrating a hard week’s work at my favorite bar.
- Meeting new friends at the bar.
- Classic cocktails are my favorite.
- Shaken—with ice. Not stirred.
- I’ll have that James Bond drink, please.
- I need a drink. A really strong drink.
- Anything sweet and alcoholic works fine.
- Frosted ice-glass with my favorite cocktail topped with a cherry? Heaven!
- A trip to the local bar is a paradise for the stressed.
- I want something—robust.
- When it comes to drinks—uniqueness is no guarantee of quality.
- Bartender, the lady/gentleman will have (insert name of drink)
- Tequila sunrise—or shall I call it tequila sunset.
- Can you recommend something for the end of the night? Something bold. Spicy.
- I can’t wait for this weekend. It’s a weekend at the bar.
- Do enjoy your party.
- Massively good!
What Does Happy Hour Mean?
You might have heard of the term “happy hour” somewhere. While happy hour menu varies wildly from restaurant to bar, it has the same general meaning. Historically, happy hour is a sales and marketing term used by food, drink, and entertainment businesses such as bars, restaurants, and cafes. It generally refers to a time when alcoholic drinks are offered at a discount. Restaurants often offer discounts during slower times of the day. This is why you often see happy hours run between 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. in between the lunch and dinner rush.
Later, enterprising owners added their own twist on happy hour like half-price appetizers, discounted food items, or a buy 1-take 1 drink scheme.
Happy hour is a go-to for all sorts of people—from bar regulars to hardworking folks who just want to unwind after a hard day’s work. Use the captions, taglines, and quotes above to let people there’s happy hour worth checking out.