There is no doubt that drug abuse is still a huge problem in the United States today and has reached epidemic level proportions around the world with 247 million drug users globally. In fact, an estimated 21 million Americans over 12 years of age have a substance abuse problem. In 2017, there were 70,237 deaths from drug overdose in the US alone. These facts are devastating to the families who have been impacted.
In this post, we’ve compiled the most impactful slogans and taglines from national and local campaigns anti-drug campaigns. With educational and inspiration, we believe these messages can help keep more kids off drugs.
- Anti-Drug Slogans
- Slogans Against Drug Abuse
- Say No To Drug Slogans
- Anti-Drug Quotes
- Drug Addiction Quotes
- Celebrity Drug-Related Deaths
Slogans against drug use can be used in a variety of ways including printed on posters or used as captions on social media. Here are the best anti-drug slogans you can use for an educational campaign.
- Be the best you can be- be drug free
- Crack Is Not All It’s Kracked Up To Be. Don’t Do Drugs.
- D.E.A.D. spells out Drugs End All Dreams
- Don’t waste your life being wasted!
- Drugs are a Death Trap.
- Drugs kill you slowly
- Drugs, weapons of mass destruction
- Drugs: Choose not to use
- Hang tough, don’t puff
- If you aren’t drug free you can’t hang with me
- Kick it before it kicks you
- No drug user grows Old; because they die young
- No need for weed
- One is too many and a thousand is never enough
- One life – One chance – Avoid Drugs
- Put it out before it puts you out
- Stand up against drugs
- The more you use, the less you live.
- Wasted? So is your life
- You don’t have time for drugs
- Keep calm and avoid drugs
- Stop drug abuse
- Don’t end your life
- It’s a bad way to go
- Think about your family
- Your family matters
- Drugs will be your doom
- Your life matters
Slogans Against Drug Abuse
Slogans can also be used to demonstrate the negative effects of drug abuse. These can be used to remind young people about the dangers of drugs.
- A life on Ecstasy will turn to Misery
- A life with coke really blows.
- A pill can thrill but can also kill.
- Above the Influence
- Always say no to drugs
- Be a scholar instead of a pot head.
- Be all you can be, Go drug free.
- Be Healthy, don’t do drugs
- Be proud to be drug free.
- Don’t be influenced, rise above it!
- Don’t do Pot, Your brain will rot
- Don’t Huff, Don’t Puff. Keep away from that stuff!
- Drug free is the way to be
- Drugs affect more than just you
- Drugs cost you more than just money
- Drugs don’t just waste your money, they also waste your life
- Drugs will kill you slow and steady
- Drugs: You use, you lose
- Get high on Life, not on drugs
- I’d rather eat bugs than do drugs
- It is easier to stay off drugs than to get off drugs
- Keep off the Grass!
- Life can take you higher than drugs
- Mary Jane ruins the brain
- Reach for the Stars not Drugs
- Shoot for the Stars not your arms
- There is no excuse for drug abuse
- Too smart to start
- Use your brain, don’t fry it!
Say No To Drug Slogans
“Just Say No.” was a massively effective anti-drug campaign slogan and message stuck for decades. In fact, this statement is still one of the top-used anti-drug slogans around. So here are some catchy and unique variations on this tried and tested theme.
- Choose Life not Drugs.
- Don’t do drugs, don’t be a slave to chemicals.
- Drugs are not cool! Just say no.
- Drugs are not the answer.
- Drugs? Say No To Drugs?
- Just say no to drugs.
- Just say no!
- Keep calm & say no to drugs.
- Keep calm and Choose Life.
- Learn to say NO.
- Let’s Be Drug Free.
- Life does not rewind, say no to drugs.
- Refusing could be a great choice.
- Refusing is a better choice.
- Say no to Drugs.
- Say no to drugs, it’s your decision.
- Say no to drugs, say it to all.
- Say no to drugs, say yes to good health.
- Say NO while you can.
- Say nope to dope.
- Say yes to life say no to drugs.
- Say yes to life, say no to drugs.
- Sometimes, saying no is okay!
- Stop, say no to drugs!
- Live longer, say no to drugs.
- Saying no is easier than stopping.
- Saying No is not difficult.
- Drugs or life. Which do you choose?
We rounded up some of the best anti-drug quotes from a wide variety of people and celebrities. For better or worse, kids look to celebrities for direction.
- But I will say that the drugs are much more ferocious then they used to be. There are people wrecking their lives with addiction, which seems much more severe. – Armistead Maupin
- Don’t do drugs because if you do drugs you’ll go to prison, and drugs are really expensive in prison. – John Hardwick
- Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self esteem. – Kurt Cobain
- Drugs are merely the most obvious form of addiction in our society. Drug addiction is one of the things that undermines traditional values. – Christopher Lasch
- Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system. – P.J. O’Rourke
- I much prefer to be high on life than in it. – Joshua Michael Levinson
- Reality is just a crutch for people who can’t handle drugs. -Robin McLaurin Williams
- Sometimes becoming drug free has less to do with addiction and more to do with sanity. – Shane Koyczan
- You should just say no to drugs. That will drive the prices down. – Geechy Guy
- Addiction itself sounds like a bad word. It’s not for you, stay away from it. Make the right choice.
Alcoholism and drug addiction are killer of mental and physical health. Alcoholic and drug addicts are killing themselves slowly.
- Doing drugs doesn’t make you cool; it makes you a loser. The more that you do drugs, the less you live.
- Don’t let them influence you into doing drugs. Be ahead of the influence.
- Don’t let them trick you. It’s a death trap. Don’t let drugs take over your life.
- Don’t take drugs. Don’t think you have it under control, and you don’t. Instead, try and do the thing that gets your mind off of it. Try and read a book.
- Drug addiction is a self- punishing disease that ruins mental, psychological and physical health.
- Drug addiction reduces a man to a mindless and ridiculous thing, and creates social parasites and criminals.
- Drugs are never an escape for pain. They drag you to your grave. You will never have this life again; don’t waste it for something as petty as drugs.
Related Reading: 300+ Remarkable Unicorn Name Ideas & How to Find Your Name
- Drugs are never the answer to ease out on the pain. It will make you forget about the problems in your mind, whereas in reality, it still exists and will not be solved until you solve it yourself.
- Drugs can ruin your life. Your life is way too precious to be lost to drug abuse.
- Drugs will drag you down. Be proud of yourself and say no to drugs.
- Human beings would be better and more respectable if drug addicts had not been born.
- Invest in yourself and your capabilities. Life has the ability to take you way above than drugs ever can.
Kick off the drugs before it kicks you down. Don’t fall into the death trap. You will lose count as to when the one time got you addicted to it.
- People try drugs out of curiosity, to have a good time, to improve athletic performance, or to escape from stress, anxiety or depression, but all drug addicts are willful victims themselves.
- Psychedelic drugs are the false friend of the human mind, and a hidden killer of the drug addicts.
- Put it down before it puts you out. Look yourself into the mirror and tell yourself that you made the right choice by saying a no. Don’t be a slave to drugs; don’t let the chemicals be a master of your life.
- The drug addict does not care about what is important or worthwhile in life, such as family, career, finance, and social relationship.
- The drug addict is his own enemy slowly killing himself using drugs as a weapon.
- The drug addict loses the sense of dignity, responsibility, self- esteem and self- respect, and he forgets how to live like a human being.
The greatest mistake in life is to get addicted to drugs becoming a prisoner of ecstasy and hallucination, and less of a man.
- When given a choice, choose life over drugs. Your future self will thank you for saving yourself from the trauma.
- Your life a gift that is too important to be given away to drugs. Stand up and stay a no to drugs.
Drug Addiction Quotes
These are examples of quotes on the topic of drug addiction.
- I was, I am and I always will be a drug addict. A person who gets involved in drugs has to fight it everyday. -Diego Maradona
- I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom. ― Edgar Allan Poe
- People use drugs, legal and illegal, because their lives are intolerably painful or dull. They hate their work and find no rest in their leisure. They are estranged from their families and their neighbors. It should tell us something that in healthy societies drug use is celebrative, convivial, and occasional, whereas among us it is lonely, shameful, and addictive. We need drugs, apparently, because we have lost each other. ― Wendell Berry
I was more addicted to self-destruction than to the drugs themselves… something very romantic about it. ― Gerard Way
- Happiness is not to be found at the bottom of a bottle or from the tip of a needle; it is not to be found amidst a cloud of smoke or within a sugar-coated pill. If you look for it in these places, you will find naught but despair. ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
- At the bottom of every person’s dependency, there is always pain. Discovering the pain and healing it is an essential step in ending dependency. ― Chris Prentiss
- Sometimes he missed the numbed, walking-underwater feeling that the cocktail of narcotics used to give him. But if a situation went down in here, he was going to need all of his wits to get out of it. ― R.D. Ronald
- I used to think a drug addict was someone who lived on the far edges of society. Wild-eyed, shaven-headed and living in a filthy squat. That was until I became one… ― Cathryn Kemp
My daughter, Carly, has been in and out of drug treatment facilities since she was thirteen. Every time she goes away, I have a routine: I go through her room and search for drugs she may have left behind. We have a laugh these days because Carly says, ‘So you were looking for drugs I might have left behind? I’m a drug addict, Mother. We don’t leave drugs behind, especially if we’re going into treatment. We do all the drugs. We don’t save drugs back for later. If I have drugs, I do them. All of them. If I had my way, we would stop for more drugs on the way to rehab, and I would do them in the parking lot of the treatment center.’ ― Dina Kucera
- Emotionally wounded addicts have an extremely difficult time with intimacy and with trusting themselves and others. They have a deep desire to trust, but their emotional scars and traumatic memories haunt them whenever an opportunity to trust another person arises. Naturally, this can lead to a very lonely existence. ― Christopher Dines
- Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self-esteem. ― Kurt Cobain
- The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics are wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope. ― Russell Brand
- It is impossible to understand addiction without asking what relief the addict finds, or hopes to find, in the drug or the addictive behavior. ― Gabor Mate
- Every person in a program who’s successful is living proof that he or she does have power over addictive drugs and alcohol — the power to stop. ― Chris Prentiss
- It is difficult to feel sympathy for these people. It is difficult to regard some bawdy drunk and see them as sick and powerless. It is difficult to suffer the selfishness of a drug addict who will lie to you and steal from you and forgive them and offer them help. Can there be any other disease that renders its victims so unappealing? Would Great Ormond Street be so attractive a cause if its beds were riddled with obnoxious little criminals that had ‘brought it on themselves?’ ― Russell Brand
- Recovery is hard. Regret is harder. – Brittany Burgunder
- The priority of any addict is to anaesthetize the pain of living to ease the passage of day with some purchased relief. – Russell Brand
“This stuff, this Mexican sludge, just grabbed you by the f–king heartstrings and tore me apart,” he told Rolling Stone. “All those years of snorting coke, and then I accidentally get involved in heroin after smoking crack for the first time. It finally tied my shoelaces together.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery. – Demi Lovato
- Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. – Carl Bard
Related Reading: 200+ Awesomely Gay and LGBTQ+ Team Name Ideas You Can Use
- I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger. – Samuel L. Jackson
- If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime. – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. – Vince Lombardi
Celebrity Drug-Related Deaths
Here’s a short-list of celebrities who died from use and abuse of drugs. Learn from these cautionary tales.
- Edgar Allan Poe, 1809-1849, 40 – Poet
- Marilyn Monroe, 1926-1962, 36 – Actress
- Judy Garland, 1922-1969, 47 – Singer/Actress
- Jimi Hendrix, 1942-1970, 27 – Musician
- Janis Joplin, 1943-1970, 27 – Musician
- Jim Morrison, 1943-1971, 27 – Musician
- Elvis Presley, 1935-1977, 42 – Singer
- Sid Vicious, 1957-1979, 21 – Musician
- River Phoenix, 1970-1993, 23 – Actor
- Whitney Houston, 1963-2012, 48 – Singer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown, 1993-2015, 22 – Daughter of Whitney Houston
- Prince, 1958-2016, 57 – Musician
- Tom Petty, 1950-2017, 66 – Musician