Did you know 8.9% of the global population faces hunger? But this is not a global problem exclusively. There are malnourished people, those who are suffering from poverty, and those who cannot afford a decent meal in the United States too. It’s an alarming issue and one that our society needs to band together to solve. A problem of this magnitude takes all of us: the education system, government, and the private sector.
But big initiatives aren’t the only approach to solve hunger. One way you can directly help the people in your community is hosting a food drive. To inspire others to take action and donate, here are more than 150 food drive slogans organized by category below you can use to promote the event.
- Creative Food Drive Slogans
- Catchy Food Drive Puns
- Pet Food Drive Slogans
- Canned Food Drive Slogans
- Food Drive Quotes
- Thanksgiving Food Drive Slogans
- Christmas Food Drive Slogans
- Holiday Food Drive Slogans
- What should you buy for a food drive?
- What are some ways to make a food drive fun?
Creative Food Drive Slogans
- Creating New Beginnings
- Summertime Sharing
- A Gift To Remember
- Donation for the Nation
- Step by Step Solutions
- We share because we care.
- Providing better care and nourishment.
- We have the power to end world hunger.
- Getting together to fight world hunger.
- Holding hands with the community.
- Feed Kids in Your Community.
- One heart for the people of tomorrow.
- Changing lives for the better.
- No One Goes Hungry
- Mission Possible to End World Hunger
- The Magic of Sharing
- End Hunger in Michigan.
- World peace starts with feeding the hungry.
- Keeping tummies and hearts full with love.
- Neighborhood Lovin’
- California Kids Deserve to Eat.
- Sharing and Caring For the Future
- Helping the needy has never been this easy.
Catchy Food Drive Puns
- Sharing is Caring
- Spread the cheer anytime of the year
- Get in the mood to donate food.
- No tricks, just treats! Give something good to eat!
- Donate and make someone feel great!
- Save the country by feeding the hungry
- An act of charity is a sign of unity.
- Spare Change Changes Lives
- Feed the hungry. Save humanity.
- Be a hero and bring down world hunger to zero.
- Save the hungry. Keep them healthy.
- The food drive to help the future survive.
- Share What You Can Spare
- Feed a child and make them smile
- Give from the heart and help lives restart.
- Mission: Possible – One Nation
- Be smart and have a heart
- Give Love Not Just On Christmas Day
- Build a better community by feeding the hungry.
- Save lives. Feed Families.
Pet Food Drive Slogans
- Give only the best to your best friend.
- Make them feel they’re loved.
- Get those tails wagging.
- Furry friends are best friends.
- Join the Kibble Drive.
- Feeding the hungry includes our furry friends too.
- Giving some loving to our paw pals.
- We are their voices.
- Love and care is a universal language that animals understand too.
- Feed the homeless. Including pets.
- Animals deserve second chances too.
- Animal lives matters
- Pay back your pet’s unconditional love with a simple gesture.
- Help us help pets today.
- Pets are family.
- The No Bones about It Pet Food Drive.
- It’s your chance to give back.
- No dog goes hungry pledge.
- Because they deserve a full tummy too.
- Put the kind back in mankind.
- No hungry cats drive.
- Have a heart for the animals.
- Your big heart can make their small ones feel whole.
- Be a part of their lives today.
Canned Food Drive Slogans
- Give a bowl full of love.
- Donate a can of beans to show how you care.
- Open up and pour out some love.
- Can hunger now.
- Share what you can.
- Fight world hunger is as easy as sharing your canned goods.
- One can makes a whole lot of difference.
- The hungry are counting on you.
- Together we CAN.
- We CAN do it.
- You CAN give anything.
- Be the SOUPer hero they need.
- Give them some instant lovin’.
- Giving food has never been this easy.
- Help make their lives easier.
- You CAN Help.
- Feed the world one can at a time.
- A canned good can lift up a mood.
- The Two Can Drive.
- End world hunger. Donate a can today.
- Feed the hungry. Bring a can today.
- Donate a can and help fight world hunger.
Food Drive Quotes
- “What is needed is a marriage of two impulses, a coupling of the urge to do something positive with the willingness to constantly re-evaluate how effectively our actions lead to our goal – that of ending world hunger.” – Harry Chapin
- “The war against hunger is truly mankind’s war of liberation.” – John F. Kennedy
- “The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Food is the moral right of all who are born into this world.” – Norman Borlaug
- “In a nutshell, this United Nations non-profit organization [World Food Programme] feeds millions of starving children at schools in third world countries as an incentive for them to attend school, which in turn might better their futures. They do so much more but I was so struck by this story.” – Sheryl Crow
“When you share your last crust of bread with a beggar, you mustn’t behave as if you were throwing a bone to a dog. You must give humbly, and thank him for allowing you to have a part in his hunger.” – Giovannino Guareschi
- “We need to stop the dying and start the living; stop the hunger and start the hoping.” – Penelope Cruz
- “To think that one child would go to bed hungry somewhere in this country is heartbreaking… to know how many do is virtually incomprehensible. This is not only a problem that exists in the far reaches of the globe. It happens right here in our own backyard. Together, as concerned citizens, we must do more to make sure every child’s needs are met.” – Katie Couric
- “America and Americans always rise to the occasion. If we say we are going to stamp out hunger, I believe we will.” – Christie Brinkley
- “Pay attention to the hungry, both in this country and around the world. Pay attention to the poor. Pay attention to our responsibilities for world peace. We are our brother’s keeper.” – George McGovern
- “The day that hunger is eradicated from the earth there will be the greatest spiritual explosion the world has ever known. Humanity cannot imagine the joy that will burst into the world.” – Federico Garcia Lorca
Many people think that hunger is unavoidable in any society, even a society that is blessed with great abundance. That is not true. The European community does not have widespread hunger. America, which leads the world in so many ways, can end childhood hunger within its borders. – Pierce Brosnan
- “There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies.” – Winston Churchill
- “In this country that grows more food than any other nation on this earth, it is unthinkable that any child should go hungry.” – Sela Ward
- “Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing – but it works miracles.” – Drew Barrymore
- “School feeding is a great tool to encourage education and provide food aid to children born into extremely impoverished situations. The kids in school being fed by WFP are empowered by their school meal to learn and better their lives!” – Lauren Bush
Related Reading: 100+ Inspiring Slogans and Quotes to End Child Hunger in 2021
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
- “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger.” – Buzz Aldrin
Thanksgiving Food Drive Slogans
- A turkey is too big for just one person.
- The simple way of giving thanks is to share.
- Give thanks. Share your meals.
- Give from the heart.
- Give today. Bring peace tomorrow.
- Be thankful you always have enough to give.
- One dish from your spread is all they need.
- Share the happiness in thanksgiving.
- Be more than thankful today. Be generous too.
- Show your gratitude to humankind.
- Celebrate thanksgiving with them.
- Practice gratefulness. Share what you have.
- Let the hungry partake from your meal.
- Share the magic this thanksgiving.
- Feeding the hungry is an act of thanks.
- Be thankful you are able to feel compassion today.
- Sharing what you have will make you feel more grateful.
- They are thankful to you for saving their lives.
- Share your bounty.
- If your food is plenty, spare some for the hungry.
Christmas Food Drive Slogans
- Fuel the festive mood by giving some food.
- Bring the joy and cheer to those who need it the most.
- Spread love this holiday season by feeding the hungry.
- Build a better community this season.
- Touch hearts and fill empty tummies this Christmas.
- Share food and love this season.
- Band together to fight world hunger.
- Feeding the hungry is what Christmas is all about.
- Give hope. Give Love. Give Food.
- Be the change the world is looking for this Christmas season.
- Heal the world. Feed the hungry.
- Feed the poor, the needy, and the oppressed and you’ll make Christmas magical.
- Be their Santa Claus this season.
- Give today and make their Christmas one to remember.
- Make this Christmas different by giving back today.
- Give the gift of food this Christmas
- Make Christmas more enjoyable this season by sharing your blessings.
- Share Joy. Share Food.
- Get on Santa’s Good List Drive.
- Love in this season means sharing what you have.
- The best Christmas is what you can give to those who have nothing.
Holiday Food Drive Slogans
- Love your hungry neighbors this holiday season.
- Feed the hungry. Make them happy.
- Make them a part of your lives this holiday.
- Feeding the hungry is a holiday well spent.
- Food and love is what makes the world go round.
- Make this holiday more meaningful. Share your food.
- Donating food starts from the heart.
- Help build a stronger future. Donate food this holiday.
- Rebuild lives. Fill hungry tummies today.
- There is no specific time and place to offer help. Do it now.
- Perform a good act this holiday and help feed the hungry.
- Spread hope starts by feeding the hungry.
- When you give just a little, you help a lot.
- Your efforts in feeding the hungry will change the future.
- Be kind this holiday. Give more to the needy.
- It is in sharing what we have that we are able to build a better tomorrow.
- Donation shows appreciation.
- You don’t need a holiday to donate. Do it today.
- Live a life filled with generosity.
- What you have and what you offer will grant the world a better future.
What should you buy for a food drive?
When you join a food drive, make sure to coordinate with the non-profit organization on what kind of food to give. Some organizations will accept any canned goods while others would appreciate a home-cooked packaged meal. But the following list of food would be helpful according to FeedingAmerican.org:
- Canned goods such as soup, beans, pasta, vegetables, fruits, and stew (with an easy-open pull tab since not all families will have a can opener)
- Peanut Butter
- Dried fruit
If the families you’re donating to have access to clean water, then include noodles, rice, pasta, pasta sauce, and powdered milk on the list. In some instances, you may donate gallons of clean water as well. As a general rule of thumb, try to donate items that are non-perishable and don’t need to be refrigerated to keep from spoiling. You want food to stay fresh at room temperature in case there is lag in distributing the meals those in need.
What are some ways to make a food drive fun?
While raising awareness for hunger is a serious issue. That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with the events surrounding the cause. In fact, these events should bring hope and connection for everyone involved. Here are a few ideas for fun food drives:
Related Reading: 101 All-Time Greatest Fast Food Slogans and Ideas List
- Fun Runs – These are marathons wherein a portion of the registration money goes to donating food for the hungry. You can do these with bike-a-thons, mud runs, and 5k walks too. These sorts of events are a way to improve your own health while helping others.
- Fund Raising Dinners – This can be a formal event where guests can donate to charity. Consider giving awards that recognize folks who have contributed either their time or money to the fundraising efforts.
- Events – This can range from bake sales or to parties for a cause wherein the admission fees go to food drives. These events don’t need to be hard to organize either. They can be an intimate acoustic concert held at a coffee shop or a basketball tournament.
- Publish something – You could create a YouTube video or write a social media post documenting your work with a local food bank. One awesome example I’ve seen of this recently is with Russell Brand documents the journey donating to a food bank. All Russell does is load up a car with food, drive over the the food bank, and records the process. Literally anyone with an iPhone can do something similar in their city to raise awareness for hunger in their city.
So there you have it. You too can start and organize a local food drive today and help feed the hungry in your community!