Child hunger remains a global problem. Around the world, a reported 8,500 children die each day due to malnourishment. The reasons for this vary. Some families simply cannot afford food. Other areas are not developed with safe roadways or is plagued by war making food difficult to transport there. Other reasons include unemployment, social unrest, and even climate change.
No matter how difficult it can be to imagine hungry children raising awareness of the problem can help the situation of thousands kids. In 2019, the rate of stunted children under five years due to malnourishment declined to 21.3% from 33% in 2000. There are dozens of programs that have answered the call to help improve with this health issue. With your help, we can end this problem altogether in our lifetime.
To inspire people to act on this cause, here are more than 100 quotes and slogans you can use for donation drives, charity projects, and other feeding programs. With these uplifting quotes, you can encourage everyone make ending child hunger a priority.
- Slogans to End Child Hunger
- Zero Hunger Quotes
- Hunger Slogans that Rhyme
- Slogans on Famine
- Feed the Hungry Quotes
- Ways You Can Help End Child Hunger in Your Area
Slogans to End Child Hunger
- Feed a child. Feed the future.
- Let children grow to see the future.
- End child hunger for a better tomorrow.
- Tomorrow deserves these children too.
- Feed a child today so they can see tomorrow.
- Say hello to happy children.
- Lifting up young spirits.
- The future belongs to them.
- A full tummy can change the future.
- Bring out a child’s smile.
- No more hungry tummies.
- Let’s fight child hunger together.
- Hand in hand against child hunger.
- Keep the smiles coming.
- Feed the youth.
- Say goodbye to child hunger by feeding one hungry tummy at a time.
- Children first!
- Share your meals to end child hunger.
- Feeding children is like feeding the future.
- The future belongs in their hands.
- Everyone deserves a decent meal.
- End child hunger. Start sharing.
Zero Hunger Quotes
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” –Mother Teresa
- “Freedom is meaningless if you cannot put food in their stomachs.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You pray for the hungry. Then you feed them. This is how prayer works.” – Pope Francis
- “If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger.” – Buzz Aldrin
- “The feeding of those that are hungry is a form of contemplation.” – Simone Weil
- “We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
- “There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “If you want to eliminate hunger, everybody has to be involved.” – Bono.
- “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf
- “35 million people in the U.S. are hungry or don’t know where their next meal is coming from, and 13 million of them are children. If another country were doing this to our children, we’d be at war.” – Jeff Bridges
- “Hunger is actually the worst weapon of mass destruction. It claims millions of victims each year.” – Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, 35th President of Brazil
- “Working at the Food Bank with my kids is an eye-opener. The face of hunger isn’t the bum on the street drinking Sterno; it’s the working poor. They don’t look any different, they don’t behave any differently, they’re not really any less educated. They are incredibly less privileged, and that’s it.” – Mario Batali
- “Malnutrition is the single largest contributor to disease in the world.” – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” –Mahatma Gandhi
- “We know that a peaceful world cannot exist one-third rich and two-thirds hungry.” – Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States of America
- “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.” –Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “There are genuinely sufficient resources in the world to ensure that no one, nowhere, at no time, should go hungry.” – Ed Asner
- “Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing – but it works miracles.” – Drew Barrymore
- “When we work to end childhood hunger, we are giving our love to kids who need it so much they will never ask for it.” – Beau Bridges
- “America and Americans always rise to the occasion. If we say we are going to stamp out hunger, I believe we will.” – Christie Brinkley
- “If we are going to stop wars on this earth, we are going to have to make war on hunger our number one priority.” – David W. Brooks
- “There will never cease to be ferment in the world unless people are sure of their food.” – Pearl S. Buck
Hunger Slogans that Rhyme
- Do not deprive a child’s hunger of attention, but rather give them your utmost affection.
- A child is a gift from up above. So share with them your blessings and shower them with love.
- Fill a child’s tummy with care, not despair.
- Food brings about good mood.
- Making a child smile will be worth your while.
Related Reading: 55 Epic Meat Company Slogans and Funny Quotes
Slogans on Famine
- Kindness heals the world.
- Feeding the hungry means feeding your heart.
- Peace on Earth starts with kindness.
- To share is to care.
- Ending child hunger starts with you sharing.
- Tomorrow exists because there are people that share their todays.
- Feeding the hungry is also feeding their soul.
- Being happy is helping those in need.
- Food nourishes the body. Sharing nourishes the soul.
- Good food tastes even better when shared.
- There is no shortage of food if you share.
- Depriving someone of food is depriving them of their future.
- World peace starts with sharing.
- Sponsor a meal to save a life.
- The heroes of tomorrow are the youth of today.
- Sharing a meal is spreading happiness.
- Joy is felt when food is shared.
- Generosity goes a long way.
- Sharing food is a sign of love.
- Fighting child hunger with generosity.
- No more hungry tummies.
- Saving lives can be easy. Just share a bite to eat.
- Don’t keep calm. End child hunger. Now!
- The youth need to be fed with food, hope, and love.
- Smiles are brighter when tummies are full.
- Save the future. Feed a child.
- The world is a better place when everyone isn’t hungry.
- Sharing is infectious.
- Spread generosity and kindness for it multiplies tenfold.
- Ending hunger gives way to world peace.
- Got food? Then share.
- Happiness is a full stomach.
- Shortage of food is a myth. Sharing is not.
- Live, laugh, love by sharing your blessings.
- Being generous means being a hero.
- Save a child. Sponsor a meal.
- Do not starve yourself of generosity.
- A generous heart saves lives.
- Sharing food moves mountains.
Feed the Hungry Quotes
- “Hungry people cannot be good at learning or producing anything, except perhaps violence.” – Pearl Bailey
- “Without food, man can live at most but a few weeks; without it, all other components of social justice are meaningless.” – Norman Borlaug
- “I have repeatedly stressed that we have the knowledge to reduce hunger and poverty.” – Gro Harlem Brundtland
- “We need to stop the dying and start the living; stop the hunger and start the hoping.” – Penelope Cruz
- “Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “Imagine what it might do to the human spirit to know that we have conquered hunger as a world wide societal issue?” – John Denver
- “There’s enough on this planet for everyone’s needs but not for everyone’s greed.” – Mohandas Gandhi
- “It’s appalling that there should be hunger anywhere, but particularly in a country like America, where there is also such great wealth.” – Elizabeth Hurley
- “The day hunger disappears, the world will see the greatest spiritual explosion humanity has ever seen.” – Federico Garcia Lorca
- “Food – there’s no greater gift.”- Dikembe Mutombo
Related Reading: 200+ (Actually Good) Bakery Slogans and Ad Taglines You Can Use
- “The world produces enough food to feed the entire population. It’s a travesty that anyone should go hungry anywhere.” – Donnie Osmond
- “The freedom of man, I contend, is the freedom to eat.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.” – Mother Teresa
- “Principles have no real force except when one is well-fed.” – Mark Twain
- “The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is enough.” — Dr. Wess Stafford
- “Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight.” — Ban Ki-moon
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Poverty is a very complicated issue, but feeding a child isn’t.” — Jeff Bridges
- “You can’t brace yourself for famine if you’ve never known hunger.” – David Sedaris
- “This is the moment when we must come together to save this planet.” – Barack Obama
- “Americans are blessed with great plenty; we are a generous people and we have a moral obligation to assist those who are suffering from poverty, disease, war and famine.” – Adam Schiff
- “Just try to make the world a better place for your having been here.” – Jimmy Doolittle
Ways You Can Help End Child Hunger in Your Area
Child hunger is a serious issue that requires all of us to be part of the solution. Here are a few ways you can help.
Donate to an Organization
If you have the means, think about donating to an organization like Feed the Children. They help out children in need in the United States as well as internationally by distributing food and offering education programs that teach about health and personal care. You can donate monthly or make a one-time contribution.
Related Reading: 101 All-Time Greatest Fast Food Slogans and Ideas List
Organize a Food Drive
Child hunger is a global problem, but there are kids in your own backyard that could need help too. Tap into your local community and ask for their assistance where you can organize a food drive for areas that need help. Public schools are a great connection point as well. You can ask for volunteers to help you cook and package food items in addition to distributing meals. Put up a special program where kids can have fun by playing games and giving out simple prizes.
Tap Into Schools
If you already have an existing organization, you might want to tap into a school to sponsor free meals for those who cannot bring their lunches. According to FeedingAmerica.org, over 22 million kids rely on the National School Lunch Program for daily meals. One opportunity to expand your schools impact would be to evaluate offering lunch during the summer to kids in need. Summers can create a major nutrition gap for kids in low-income families.
With these ideas and the slogans and quotes mentioned above, we hope you can help inspire folks in your community to take actions toward ending child hunger forever.