Getting older is not the fearful event so many of us believe it to be. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), people are living longer with more than 125 million people over 80 years of age alive right now. In fact, turning fifty can be a step into a new future that’s still unknown and even exciting. You’ve learned a few things over the past 5 decades and (hopefully) know what you want from life at this stage in the game.
More than 15 million people celebrate their 50th birthday every day of the year, even though most don’t get a rendition of Marilyn Monroe’s Happy Birthday. But you can still celebrate a 50th birthday with joy and thankfulness. If you’re celebrating a 50th birthday of your own or organizing a surprise party for someone else hitting the big “Five-O”, here are some quotes, slogans, and message to help get the party started!
50th Birthday Quotes
50th Birthday Quotes and Slogans.
Turning fifty is a milestone for everyone as it usually signifies to being firmly planted in middle-age. Here are some quotes from famous people and politicians about on the subject of a 50th birthday.
- “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” Betty Friedan
- “As I get older, I realize that the thing I value the most is good-heartedness.” Alice Walker
- “As we grow older, we grow both more foolish and wiser at the same time.” François de la Rochefoucauld
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” John Lennon
- “Getting old is like climbing a mountain. You get a little out of breath, but the view is much better.” Ingrid Bergman
- “It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old. They grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” Gabriel García Márquez
- “The older I get, the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do.” Andrew Carnegie
“The trouble is, when a number—your age—becomes your identity, you’ve given away your power to choose your future.” Richard J. Leider
- “The wiser mind mourns less for what age takes away than what it leaves behind.” William Wordsworth
- “Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.” Ben Franklin
- “We don’t grow older, we grow riper.” Pablo Picasso
- “You don’t get older, you get better.” Shirley Bassey
- “A man has reached middle age when he’s warned to slow down by his doctor instead of the police” Henry Youngman
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter” Mark Twain
- “Age is not important unless you’re a cheese” Helen Hayes
- “As men get older, the toys get more expensive.” Marvin Davis
Related Reading: 155+ Environmental “Go Green” Slogans and Quotes for Instagram and T-Shirts
- “Forty is the age of youth. Fifty is the youth of old age” Victor Hugo
- “I suppose real old age begins when one looks backward rather than forward.” Mary Sarton
- “I think when the full horror of being fifty hits you, you should stay home and have a good cry” Alan Bleasdale
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed” Charles Schulz
- “Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.” Walt Disney
- “Looking fifty is great – if you’re sixty” Joan Rivers
- “Middle age is when you’ve met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else” Ogden Nash
- “Middle age is when your age starts showing around your middle” Bob Hope
“Suddenly you find, at the age of 50, that a whole new life has opened before you.” Agatha Christie
- “The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.” Robert Frost
- “The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.” T. S. Eliot
- “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love.” Sophia Loren
- “When I reached fifty I took the day off. But when my wife reached fifty, she took a couple of years off.” Anon
- “When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day.” Marty Buccella
- “When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old” Mark Twain
- “You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime” John Grier
Age is literally just a number.
50th Birthday Slogans
If you are planning the birthday of someone turning fifty, you need to make it as memorable as possible. These slogans are ideal for inscribing in a birthday card to spotlight this milestone celebration.
- 20 with 30 years of experience
- 50 years old or 18,250 days young!
- 50! You’re not old, you’re mid century modern…
- After 50 years, the legacy lives on!!
- Age is literally just a number
- Age is not a destination, it’s a journey!
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.
- Celebrating the 29th anniversary of my 21st Birthday!
- Don’t be jealous because I look this good at 50
- FIFTY is only 14 in scrabble.
- Five decades smarter than YOU
- Hi Ho, Hi Ho its over the hill you go!
- I can’t keep calm, it’s my 50th Birthday
Related Reading: 150+ Creative Food Drive Slogans That Encourage More Donations
- I have 50 reasons to do what I want
- I make 50 look good!
- I reached 25 a second time!
- I’m immortal — so far!
- I’m not 50, I’m 18 with 32 years experience
- If you haven’t grown up by age 50 then you don’t have to.
- It took me 50 years to look this good
- It’s not about age, it’s about attitude
- Look 22, Feels 18, Acts 10, that makes me 50
- Older and better like fine wine
- The first 50 years of childhood are always the hardest!
- Too fit, Too feisty, Too fabulous, To be … 50!
Birthday cake anyone?
Celebrating a birthday these days also means publishing highlights of the event on social websites like Facebook or Instagram. And there’s no better way to end a congratulatory post than with an age-appropriate hashtag. So here are some amazing hashtags you can use for your IG and Twitter posts.
50th Birthday One Liners
While turning fifty may is a major milestone in your life, it doesn’t need to be wrought with misery. Turning fifty has plenty of positive aspects. For more light-hearted folks, these one-liners can bring a smile to even the most dour-faced semi-centenarian.
- A little grey hair is a small price to pay for so much wisdom.
- At 50 your wild oats have turned to porridge.
- By 50, you acquire a lot of common sense… which is good because your sense of hearing and sight are starting to go.
- Don’t be upset about your birthday. Just think, you’re one year closer to getting the senior citizen discount!
- Don’t let aging get you down. It’s too hard to get up again.
- Don’t stress about your eyesight failing as you get older. It’s nature’s way of protecting you from shock as you walk past the mirror.
- Don’t worry, they are not grey hairs, they are wisdom highlights. You just happen to be extremely wise.
- Forget age. If you can still manage to blow out your birthday candles, everything is dandy.
- Getting older has some benefits… Call it a “senior moment” and you can get away with pretty much anything!
- How do you know you’ve hit middle-age? In preparation for a big sneeze you cross your legs really hard and hope for the best!
- I swear, if my memory was any worse, I could plan my own surprise party!
- I’ve reached an age where my train of thought often leaves the station without me.
- If grey hair is a sign of wisdom, then you’re a genius!
- If things get better with age then you’re approaching magnificent.
- Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
- Middle age is when a man has got a handle on life and life has put handles on his waist.
- Middle age… when “happy hour” is a nap!
- Middle age: that time when you finally get your head together – then your body starts falling apart.
- Q: What goes up and never comes down? A: Your age!
- The best part of being over fifty is that you did all your stupid stuff before the internet.
- The good thing about having a bad memory is that jokes can be funny more than once.
- The tragedy of getting old: So many candles… so little cake.
- There are plenty of good things about being 50. Just ask any 80 year old
- We’ll be friends ’til we’re old and senile… and then we’ll be new friends!
- With age comes skills, it’s called “multi-tasking”. Now you can laugh, cough, sneeze, fart, and pee all at the same time!
- You are so old, you walked into an antique shop and they sold you.
- You know you’re 50 when getting lucky means a short wait in the doctor’s office.
- You know you’re 50 when someone offers you a seat on the bus. And you don’t refuse.
- You know you’re 50 when you’re in an elevator when your favorite song comes on.
- You know you’re 50 when your back goes out more often than you do.
- You know you’re 50 when your back is hairier than your head.
- You know you’re getting old when you can’t walk past a bathroom without thinking, “I may as well pee while I’m here.”
- You know you’re getting older when an “all-nighter” means not getting up to pee.
- You know you’re old when you turn down the lights to be economical instead of romantic.
Grey hair is a sign of wisdom.
Inspirational 50th Birthday Greetings
Greeting people on their birthday is one of the major traditions around the world. But knowing what to say to someone getting older and turning fifty (sometimes a delicate subject!) can be a trial. So here we have collected some of the best and most complimentary 50th birthday greetings for you to use.
- 50 years wise, 50 years strong, 50 years young! Every day, you are an inspiration to those around you. Happy birthday!
- Another decade is here and it’s time to celebrate…you’re turning 50! May all the best years be yet to come.
- Cut the cake, pour the champagne, and let the good times flow…you’re turning 50, and it’s time to party! May your day be filled with fun and laughter!
Every day is a blessing with a friend as sweet as you. Happy 50th birthday, to the coolest friend around. Thank you for always being there.
- Happy 50th Birthday to a wonderful person who is mature, and yet still a kid at heart! What a wonderful way to be. Keep playing, and keep having fun. All the best.
- Happy 50th Birthday! I hope you are the heart of the party tonight!! What a lovely milestone birthday to celebrate. I’m wishing you all the best, and many happy returns.
- Happy 50th birthday! You make every day a gift for those around you, and you deserve the very best this new decade has to offer.
- Happy 50th Birthday, to a one in a million person with a heart of gold. May you be richly blessed on this special occasion, and may the journey ahead unfold with ease.
- Happy 50th Birthday, to a remarkable person who is respected and loved. On this milestone birthday, we wish you a remarkable second half!
Related Reading: 150+ Life-Changing Anti-Drug Slogans and Taglines that Aren’t Lame
- Happy 50th birthday, to a truly special person. Everywhere you go, the sun shines brighter, the flowers smell sweeter, and the world is a little bit happier.
- Happy 50th birthday, to an amazing, uplifting, sunny soul! You make every day a treasure, and I’m so grateful to know you.
- Happy 50th Birthday, to an eccentric and expressive wonder! You are a delight to know. Stay true to who you are! Here’s to another 50 awesome years for you!
- Happy 50th birthday, to one of the most caring, wonderful, and compassionate people we are blessed to know.
- Happy 50th birthday, to someone who totally rocks! May your day be filled with the best music, great friends, and amazing times.
- Happy 50th birthday, to the biggest optimist we know! Your sunny outlook and kind spirit make every day with you a blessing.
Happy 50th Birthday, to the life of the party! I know you’re going to have an awesome celebration! Wishing you happiness, success, and joy into the future.
Happy 50th Birthday!
- Happy 50th birthday, to the most generous, special, and loving person I have ever met. I’m so blessed to know you today and every day.
- Happy 50th birthday, to the person who always has a kind word, a bright smile, and a silly joke to make everyone’s day better.
- Happy 50th birthday, to the person who always knows just what to say to make others feel special. Today, may you feel all the love of those around you.
- Happy 50th Birthday. I hope your birthday will be as magnificent as you are! May life treat you well on the journey ahead.
- Happy 50th Birthday. I think you’ve now earned the right to truly do what your heart desires. I hope all your dreams come true.
- Happy 50th Birthday. This world has been a better place in these last 50 years because you are in it. May you continue to be blessed as you are a blessing.
- Happy 50th Birthday. Wishing you a day to remember, and a meaningful walk ahead that is long and enjoyable in every way possible.
- Happy 50th Birthday. You certainly did it your way…you have a style and class of your own! Here’s to you! May you be richly blessed today and always.
- Happy 50th Birthday. Your zeal for life is catchy and wonderful. I hope you have a fantastic celebration and a future of continued joy.
- Happy 50th to you! You are one in a gazillion and all who know you are touched by your charisma. Stay beautiful – stay you! Happy Birthday.
- Here’s to a brand new decade…may your 50s be blessed with more love, more laughter, and more fun than ever before.
- It’s finally here: THE BIG 50! Today, celebrate 50 years of good memories and great friends. You deserve all the best!
- It’s time to blow out the candles and make a wish…someone awesome is turning the big 5 0 today! Happy birthday, and may all of your dreams come true.
- It’s time to party until the cows come home…you’re turning 50! Happy birthday. May all of your wishes come true today. You deserve nothing but the very best this decade and always.
- May all of your wishes and dreams come true on this amazing and special day. Happy 50th birthday!
- May every day of your 50s be as lovely and bright and beautiful as you. You are a true friend and a beautiful soul. I’m so blessed to know you. Happy birthday!
- May your 50th birthday be filled with joyous reminders of your journey so far. And may you be inspired to continue the venture in good spirits. Happy Birthday.
- You’re finally over the hill, and may the great years still be yet to come! Happy 50th birthday to an amazing person.