No matter if you’re an employee at a restaurant or a student still in school, no one should be forced to put up with bullying. Bullying can cause long-term emotional issues and make you lost confidence.
While it may have been defined in 2014 by the CDC and Department of Education, bullying has caused pain for generations. More than one in five students report being bullied by classmates and an estimated 160,000 kids a day refuse to go to school because of bullying. The internet also brought cyber-bullying into the fray, with high incidents of cyber-bullying in minorities and students identifying as LGBTQ.
With bullying being such a severe problem across the country, campaigns to stop and prevent bullying are becoming more common in schools and workplaces. It’s time to stand up against this form of intimidation. To help, I’ve compiled the best possible list of slogans, sayings, and quotes in your work or school anti-bullying campaign to drive bullies out and take the power back in our institutions. It’s time to fight back.
- Anti-Bullying Slogans
- Anti-Bullying Quotes
- Stop Bullying Slogans
- Stop Bullying Quotes
- Anti-Bullying Slogans that Rhyme
- Prevent Bullying Slogans
- Cyber Bullying Slogans
- Anti-Bullying Posters and Meme’s
- Anti-Bullying Quotes for Students
- Anti-Bullying Quotes for Adults
- Anti-Bullying Quotes by Celebrities
- Ways to Prevent Bullying at School and Work
Anti-bullying slogans can help to educate people about the dangers of bullying, for both the bully and their victims, as well as for others less involved. These slogans will get the message across that bullying of any kind is not accepted here.
- A Bully Makes Life a Bitter Pill To Swallow!
- A bully tries to put you down, because they are not up.
- No bully’s allowed.
- A bully won’t stop until he is stopped.
- A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
- A sign of weakness is being mean.
- Anyone can be a bully, it’s nothing special.
- BAD (Bullies Are Dumb).
- Be a H.E.R.O. – Help. Educate. Report. Overcome.
- Being mean is the first sign of failures.
- Bullies are cowards inside.
- Bullies are just cowardly thugs picking on the weaker nearby.
- Bullies are like monsters, they prey on others.
- Bullies don’t have REAL friends.
- Bullies need a big hug.
- Bullies tear down, friends build up.
- Hurt people, hurt people.
- Bullying doesn’t make you look cool.
- Bullys are afraid of the power YOU have.
- Change your mindset and stop bullying.
- Don’t judge, you are NOT perfect either.
- If people are trying to bring you down it only means that you are above them.
- If they bully your friend, you could be next.
- Is your status more important than my feelings?
- It isn’t big to make make others feel small.
- It takes a stronger person to do what’s right.
- It’s easy to bully, but the really strong help others.
- Kindness counts, it starts with you.
- Nasty Names hurt just as much as a knife.
- Only cowards are bullies.
- Smother a Bully with Kindness.
- With Each Other, Not At Each Other.
Bullies and the bullied come from all walks of life, ages, and can be male or female. These quotes from celebrities and athletes help you understand that almost everyone has been bullied at one point or another.
- “A lot of problems in the world would disappear if we talk to each other rather than about each other.”
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
- “Before you start to judge me, step into my shoes and walk the life I’m living. If you get as far as I am, just maybe you’ll see how strong I really am.”
- “Blowing out Someone Else’s Candle Doesn’t Make Yours Shine any Brighter.”
- “Bullying is not a reflection of the victim’s character, but rather a sign of the bully’s lack of character.”
- “Bullying is the result of an unequal power dynamic – the strong attacking the weak.” – Maria Konnikova
- “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Each of us deserves the freedom to pursue our own version of happiness. No one deserves to be bullied.” – Barack Obama
- “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise again.” – Victor Hugo
Related Reading: My Best Condom Marketing Slogans: 175+ Taglines to Wrap It Up
- “I realized that bullying never has to do with you. It’s the bully who’s insecure.” – Shay Mitchell
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K Rowling
- “Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” – Cinderella
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.” – Michael J. Fox
- “People are probably not happy with their lives if they’re busy discussing yours.”
- “People need to learn that their actions do affect others. Be careful about what you say and do – your words have power.”
- “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “The common mistake that bullies make is assuming that because someone is nice that he or she is weak. Those traits have nothing to do with each other. In fact, it takes considerable strength and character to be a good person.” – Mary Elizabeth Williams
- “The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.” – Ralph W. Sockman
- “Things will get easier, people’s minds will change, and you should be alive to see it.” – Ellen DeGeneres.
“We all lose when bullying and personal attacks become a substitute for genuine conversation and principled disagreement.” – Alicia Garza
- “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – Albus Dumbledore
- “What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?” – Lynette Mather
- “You can’t be against bullying without actually doing something about it” – Randi Weingarten
- “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” – Jeffrey Benjamin
Stop Bullying Slogans
- Be a hero, take a stand against bullying.
- Bullies Fill the Silence. Speak Out when Bullying Occurs.
- Bullying is a cycle that has to end FAST.
- Bullying stops here!
- Don’t be a zero, be a hero and refrain from being a bully.
- Don’t let anyone EVER dull your sparkle.
- Don’t stand by – stand up, stand strong together.
- Don’t stand by, stand up against bullying.
- End bullying before it ends a life.
- EOB (End of Bullying).
- Help stop bullying – Stand up and speak out.
- If You Don’t Stand Up For Yourself, You Are Letting The Bully Win!
- If you ignore it they will think it is okay.
- If you See a Bully, Tell a Teacher.
- It’s time to stand up against bullying.
- Just Say NO to BULLYING.
- Keep calm and stamp out bullies.
- Keep calm and stop bullying.
- Leave bullying to the bulls. Be a human.
- Rise up against bullying.
- Say no to bullying.
- We only hire positive
- Some bruises are on the inside, stop bullying.
- Stand up and say no to bullying.
- Stay cool and stop bullying.
- Step Up So Others Don’t Get Stepped On.
- Stop bullying & make a difference!
- Stop bullying and let the world smile.
- Stop bullying before it is too late!!
- Stop the Cycle of Bullying.
Stop Bullying Quotes
- “Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato
- “Bullying happens at all ages and levels.” – Ralph Macchio
- “Bullying will eventually end if we all decide to stop it.” – Choi Si-won
- “Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this.” – Katherine Jenkins
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
“Don’t give in to bullying or others making fun of people. Stand up for yourself. Stand up for your friends. Be that one person who is genuinely good-hearted.” – Michelle McCool
- “Every time you post something online, you have a choice. You can either make it something that adds to the happiness levels in the world—or you can make it something that takes away.” – Zoe Sugg
- “For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
- “I was of the type who gets bullied rather than the one who does the bullying, which I’m glad about. I’d rather be that than a bully.” – Lily Cole
You Might Also Like: 300+ Ultimate List of Firefighter Slogans and Quotes
- “I would rather be a little nobody, than to be a evil somebody.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “If there are no heroes to save you, then you be the hero.” – Denpa Kyoshi
- “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” – Taylor Swift
- “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” – Desmond Tutu
- “If you’re being bullied, there’s nothing wrong with you. There’s something wrong with THEM!”
“Never forget that walking away from something unhealthy is brave – even if you stumble a little on the way out the door!”
- “No one heals himself by wounding another.” – Saint Ambrose
- “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” – Mr. Rogers
- “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Rumors are carried by haters, accepted by fools, and spread by bullies.”
- “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotion.” – Will Smith
- “Strong people stand up from themselves. But the strongest people stand up for others.” – Unknown
- “There can be disagreement without disrespect.”
- “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up” – John Holmes
“True courage is cool and calm. The bravest of men have the least of a brutal, bullying insolence, and in the very time of danger are found the most serene and free.” – Lord Shaftesbury
- “Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue.” – Anna Maria Chavez
- “Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if no one is doing it.” – St. Augustine
Anti-Bullying Slogans that Rhyme
Rhymes are commonly used for marketing to make the slogans more memorable, so why not do the same with anti-bullying slogans.
- Be a buddy not a bully.
- Be a true buddy, not a false bully.
- Be kind, words don’t rewind.
- Be kind, words don’t rewind.
- Be proud, no bullies allowed.
- Bullies are not accepted here, bullies are the one who should fear.
- Bullies are not cool they’re just cruel.
- Bullying is a bad thing, and a SAD thing.
- Bullying is bad, Don’t make others feel sad.
- Bullying is cruel so don’t act like a fool.
- Bullying is Whack, Get On The Right Track.
- Don’t act like a creep, bullying hurts deep.
- Don’t be a bully, be a buddy.
- Don’t be mean behind the screen.
- Have a Heart. Don’t take Part.
- It’s alright to be polite.
- It’s easy to hate, it’s hard to congratulate. Stop being simple.
- It’s not cool to be cruel.
- It’s not fair, you don’t care, we are ALL aware… you are a bully!
- It’s smarter not to be a starter of harsh words.
- Let’s cheer, bulling is not accepted here!
- Make The Grade, Join The Anti-Bully Crusade.
- Stand up for ALL, fat, skinny, tall or small
- Stand up for ALL, fat, skinny, tall or small.
- Stop the pain, it’s insane.
- Take a stand and lend a Hand.
- Use your brain, being a bully won’t gain.
- Use Your Brain, Being A Bully Won’t Gain.
- You don’t have to be a cop to tell bullies to stop.
Prevent Bullying Slogans
If we can prevent people from becoming bullies by educating them of the dangers inherent in this behavior we can eradicate bullying altogether. These slogans are specifically designed to help individuals understand the impact these actions have on other people.
- A Bully-Free Environment Makes for a Much Better Atmosphere!
- Be cool in our school, It’s Bully Free And so are we!
- Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- Bully free starts with me.
- Bullying? Be Smart, Don’t Start.
- Don’t let one bad egg make you feel rotten.
- I took the anti bullying pledge.
- It isn’t Big to make Other People Small.
- Keep smiling, bullies can’t stand it.
- Kindness counts, it starts with you.
- Life without bullies can be sweet!
- Make some noise about bullying.
- Never be bullied into silence.
- Never put someone else down to make yourself feel better
- No Bullies Allowed.
- Lift people up. Don’t bring them down.
- Record it, report it, and don’t support it.
Related Reading: 155+ Unique Podcast Quotes and Taglines that Grow Audiences
- Rise up against bullying.
- Save a life – Stop bullying
- Shame is a bully & grace is a shield.
- Speak up about bullying.
- Step up so others won’t get stepped on
- Stop and think, words can hurt.
- Support, Report, Defend.
- Team up to stop bullying.
- The power of 1 can make bullying done.
- Think Before You Speak.
- Words hurt more than swords.
- Your action won’t control my reaction.
- Your Words and Actions Follow you for Life.
Cyber Bullying Slogans
Cyber-bullying is just as devastating as face to face bullying, sometimes more so because it’s an emotional attack that you can’t escape from. Social media follows you around with push notifications on your phone. These slogans are directed at cyber-bullying to help people understand that words, whether spoken or written, can still be hurtful.
- Bad online bullies can cause BAD offline results.
- Be nice on the Net.
- Be unique, hit delete, and smile.
- Bullying on Facebook can end with a Case book.
- Cyber bullies are lonely predators.
- Cyberbullying is a Crime. Don’t be a Criminal.
- Delete cyber bullying, don’t write it, don’t forward it
- Delete CyberBullying. It’s a Virus on the Mind.
- Do the right thing… Even when no one is looking.
- Don’t be hateful online.
- Don’t let a Social Network make you a jerk!
- Don’t let Facebook make you a jerk!
- Forget the hype, don’t type hateful words online.
- Friend me; don’t bully me.
- Have a Life Offline to be Resilient to Internet Bullying.
- If you won’t say it to their face, don’t say it on their Facebook.
- Instagram bully pics are for pricks
- No more bullies online!
- Online bullies create offline results.
- Online harassment has an off-line impact
- Take a Screenshot. Show an Adult. Delete the Post.
- Take a stand against CYBER bullies.
- The Internet is a No Bully Zone.
- The internet is no place for bullies.
- The worst kind of bully is the online bully. He hides from the consequences of his actions.
- What you say online follows you forever. Think before you click.
- When you Bully Online, Things won’t be Fine.
- You can’t Erase the Internet. Think before you Publish.
- Your harsh tweet is just a public defeat.
- Your Keyboard is a Weapon. Use it for Good.
Anti-Bullying Posters and Meme’s
Posters and memes are a smart way to get the message about anti-bullying across, especially with the adoption of social media. These memes about bullying are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to creating social media memes for your campaign to spread this message of positivity.
Anti-Bullying Quotes for Students
“By the time I came out, that kind of stopped it. The bullying stopped when I claimed myself and proved that I wasn’t afraid. A lot of it was when I was hiding when I was younger.” – Randy Harrison
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
“We must have moral education in the schools, anti-bullying programs, but this does not mean programs to feminize boys.” – Christina Hoff Sommers
“Tears don’t mean you’re losing, everybody’s bruising, Just be true to who you are” – Jessie J
“He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” – Louisa May Alcott
“True courage is cool and calm. The bravest of men have the least of a brutal, bullying insolence, and in the very time of danger are found the most serene and free.” – Anthony Ashley-Cooper, 7th Earl of Shaftesbury
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – J. K. Rowling
“The things that make me very angry are injustice and bullying. If I see someone bullying a woman or child in the street, or kicking a dog, I go completely mad.” – Susannah York
“Any anti-bullying scheme, initiative or policy which fails to mention accountability for the bullies is likely to meet with little, and often no, success” – Tim Field
“If you let a bully intimidate you, he’s going to do it again. You’ve got to stand up to these strong-arm tactics.” – Charles Djou
Anti-Bullying Quotes for Adults
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
“One person can make a difference.” – Raoul Wallenberg
“I was silent as a child, and silenced as a young woman; I am taking my lumps and bumps for being a big mouth, now, but usually from those whose opinion I don’t respect.” – Sandra Cisneros
“The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.” – Ralph Washington Sockman
“Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
“Bullying is never fun, it’s a cruel and terrible thing to do to someone. If you are being bullied, it is not your fault. No one deserves to be bullied, ever.” – Raini Rodriguez
“Not everyone has been a bully or the victim of bullies, but everyone has seen bullying, and seeing it, has responded to it by joining in or objecting, by laughing or keeping silent, by feeling disgusted or feeling interested.” – Octavia E. Butler
“The people who are bullying you, they’re insecure about who they are, and that’s why they’re bullying you. It never has to do with the person they’re bullying. They desperately want to be loved and be accepted, and they go out of their way to make people feel unaccepted so that they’re not alone.” – Madelaine Petsch
“We need to start identifying the triggers that aggravate mental health issues in our society – bullying, social media negativity and anxiety, gender based violence, substance abuse, stigma around issues such as maternal issues, etc., and we need to speak up about these more and get to the source of the problems.” – Sanam Saeed
“Everyone who wants to do good to the human race always ends in universal bullying.” – Aldous Huxley
Anti-Bullying Quotes by Celebrities
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself.” – Audrey Hepburn
“Go empower yourself. You need confidence because the one thing that bullying does is it belittles you, and it takes away your confidence, and nobody deserves that.” – Bill Goldberg
“I’ve been actually really very pleased to see how much awareness was raised around bullying, and how deeply it affects everyone. You know, you don’t have to be the loser kid in high school to be bullied. Bullying and being picked on comes in so many different forms.” – Lady Gaga
“The harassment and the bullying that students face is a learned behavior.” – Sarah McBride
“I understand what it can feel like when people are bullying you, and you can’t just seem to catch a break, and people don’t see who you are. And people completely paint their own picture. And you’re supposed to zip it and just go along with whatever they say.” – Hilaria Baldwin
“That is the biggest form of bullying ever, the paparazzi. Printing lies, making accusations, it’s just bullying.” – Mila Kunis
“I think the sooner that all of us in society stop accepting any type of bullying or harassment from other people – in spite of people’s social standing or net worth or whatever it is – the sooner it will stop.” – Jason Priestley
“People talk about bullying, but you can be your own bully in some ways. You can be the person who is standing in the way of your success, and that was the case for me.” – Katy Perry
“Obviously, I’m against bullying, but it does happen.” – Scott Hall
“I think everyone at school experiences some form of bullying. With kids at school, it can be anything – it can be your shoes or the wrong bag or anything. If you are big like I am, you are always going to be a target. So I decided at school to make myself an even bigger target, if you like: to make myself as big as I could be.” – James Corden
Ways to Prevent Bullying at School and Work
Bullying happens everywhere, whether you’re a student in an educational institution or an adult in your workplace. Bullying is basically immaturity which is why it is believed that bullying starts at a young age and sometimes carried through adulthood. However, there’s a contrasting difference between the two mainly due to the age of the people involved in these types of situations. Here, we distinguish on how we can prevent bullying in school for kids and at work for grown-ups.
Preventing Bullying At School
Start At Home
As a parent, one of the most crucial things you can do is to make sure your child knows what bullying is. This goes beyond a definition by describing the various ways in which bullying may seem and feel. Begin by explaining what makes for meaningful friendships and what doesn’t with your youngster. Even while data indicates that parents are frequently the last to learn if their child is being bullied or already bullied by somebody else, you can buck this trend by having daily conversations with your children about their social lives.
Encourage Good Habits
It’s crucial to teach your children an anti-bullying mentality. Teaching your kids not to strike, push, or ridicule other children is simply one aspect of this. Children need to understand that bullying also includes being judgmental, harsh, and making cruel jokes and rumors. Children frequently experience cyberbullying. Furthermore, there is never a bad time to start educating your kids about appropriate internet conduct.
Recognize the Red Flags
Many kids who have been or are being bullied don’t report it to anyone. Take notice of any indications suggesting your child has been bullied. Some of these signs include the following:
- Mood and personality changes
- Struggling school grades
- Avoiding school or activities
- Stomachaches, headaches, and other illnesses
Report Instances Of Bullying
If your kid reports being bullied, you should first make arrangements to meet with school staff face-to-face. You are expressing your commitment to seeing the problem fixed by setting up a face-to-face meeting. Keeping a record of every instance of bullying can be helpful. This will make it easier for you to be ready in case the situation worsens and law enforcement or other external sources need to get involved.
Empower Your Children
Providing your kids with resources for coping with bullying is one of the most beneficial things you can do. You can practice these techniques with your child by having them walk away, approach an adult, or firmly tell the bully to stop. When children see bullying occurring, it’s crucial to teach them how and when to report it, as well as to explain why they don’t want to watch as a spectator.
Preventing Bullying At Work
Encourage A Positive Work Environment
Fostering a supportive workplace environment in which there is mutual respect among all employees is the best strategy to put an end to bullying in the workplace. If a company incorporates a strong set of values into its hiring procedure, it will attract brilliant people whose personalities mesh with those of their coworkers. In order to maintain an even playing field for employees, be clear about what your firm stands for and establish clear expectations. People should be able to be themselves at work and develop with their coworkers, not in opposition to them.
Create A Clearly Defined Code Of Conduct
Establishing clear guidelines for how employees should conduct themselves is one of the simplest methods to prevent bullying at work. Employers who uphold a solid set of corporate principles will see a ripple effect in how their staff members behave one another. By fostering positive working relationships and keeping a close eye on employee behavior, managers should set an example for their staff. Managers must be clear when setting expectations, and firm ideals should never be open to interpretation. To prevent brushing under the rug reports of potentially harmful behavior or dismissing them as “just a joke” every staff complaint should be given attention and handled impartially.
Addressing bullying when it occurs is the most effective method to stop it in its tracks. Do not even wait till a situation has passed, just to resurrect it afterwards. An employer can handle bullying head-on if they observe it happening firsthand and document it with concrete evidence. Employee relationships can be saved and future victims can be safeguarded by stopping bullying before it gets out of hand. Employers should take fast action if they notice even the tiniest hint of unprofessional conduct to prevent it from becoming out of hand.