Wishing your loved ones good luck for their interview can mean a lot―your wishes have the power to give a friend or family member the confidence they need to endure the process. Personally, it means the world to me when my friends or family acknowledge this event. I’m always nervous before an interview, but a simple message of encouragement can put me more at ease.
Looking for a new job is stressful of course. But hey, you’re not alone in feeling this way! According to reports, 73% of job seekers in the US experience some level of stress while seeking a new career. If you know someone in the pursuit of a better professional life, here are some words you can use to encourage them.
These well-wishes are ideal to place on writing on cards, text messages, or just stating them face to face. Here are words of encouragement for the different people in your life.
Interview Wishes for Friends
- Have faith in yourself. Go in with a positive mindset, and you’ll come out with a new job. Best wishes, my friend!
- Don’t forget to have fun at the interview. You’ve got a brilliant personality that shows through. Let them see you!
- Best friends like you get only the best things in life. Best wishes for your job interview, and I hope you give it your all.
You have the ability to shape your own destiny. There is nothing that is beyond your grasp. You are strong, confident, and guided. Best wishes for your interview!
- You’ve worked very hard for this. You know where you’ve been and know where you’re going. Take on this interview with the same grit and determination you’ve shown in every other task. Good luck!
- You’re the best person for this role based on your experiences and education. Even if you aren’t selected for this position, you’ll get hired somewhere else soon.
- I have faith in you. Know that you have the ability to shape your own destiny. Best wishes for your interview, bestie!
- It has nothing to do with luck. You’ve worked very hard for this. There is only one more obstacle to overcome. Go in there, do what you came here to do, and get that job done. You got this, my friend.
- If you try, you may fail. But if you don’t try at all. You’ll always fail. The true measure of a person is what they tried to do, not what they failed at. Give it your all, and you’ll come out on top. Best wishes on your interview!
This is a turning point in your life, and the path you choose is entirely up to you. Your hands are on the steering wheel, and your foot is on the gas pedal. You get to choose the destination. Good luck to you!
- Nobody has put in more effort than you. No one is more qualified for this position than you. That is something both you and I know. Best wishes on your interview!
- This job is yours if you put in the effort and focus. Show them why you deserve this!
- Today is the day! Please do know you are capable of wonderful things. Your journey is about to begin. Good luck with your job interview, my friend!
Interview Wishes for Sisters
- I only have an excellent and instantly hired sister, no less! Congratulations in advance!
- You deserve this job, you and I both know that. Show them what you’ve got! Good luck sister!
- Stop believing in luck and start believing in yourself. You’re gonna ace this job interview! Best wishes.
The trick to do well in a job interview is to understand that if you don’t get the job, it won’t be the end of the world. If you do, it will change your world. Good luck sister!
- May luck be by your side and confidence be in your stride. May you finish your job interview with success. I believe you’ll do very well! Do your best, sis.
- The most challenging part of your job interview will not be the interviewer or the questionnaire. It will be your own self-confidence. Best wishes for your interview! Stay confident.
- I’ll be praying for you today sister. If you get an offer, great! If not, it wasn’t meant to be. Let the cards fall as they may.
Related Reading: 201+ Email Recognition Messages of a Job Well Done to Copy and Use
- Your interview is only the beginning of your story; much success in your life is yet to come. Best wishes!
Your job interviewers should brace themselves for the best surprise of their lives. I know you’ll ace that interview! Get get them!
- You should not be scared of a job interview. Your interviewers should be scared of how amazing and talented you are! Best wishes sister.
- May you achieve your goals. I wish you the best of luck in your interview, my best wishes are always with you!
- I’m sending you my prayers, positive thoughts, and a little good fortune to let you know that I’m rooting for you and what you’re trying to accomplish. Best of luck!
Interview Wishes for Brothers
- You’ve always done an excellent job with the work you do and the opportunities you’ve taken. Good luck with your job interview; nail it brother!
- It is never easy to land your dream job, and you are only one step away! Best wishes for your final job interview. Go get it brother!
- You know that certain things are made for specific people. This job is designed for you. Good luck with your job interview; I’m looking forward to the party!
- Begin your interview by remembering that you are the seller of your talent, and the interviewer is your customer. Nothing can stop you from having this breakthrough if you sell yourself the best way possible. Best wishes!
I have total confidence you will excel during the interview because you have what it takes. All the best for your job interview, brother. I can’t wait to hear the good news!
- It is normal to feel nervous and anxious as you prepare for the interview. But remember not to let your nerves and anxiety get the best of you. Just keep your cool and do your best. I know you can do it!
- I hope you remain calm and confident during your job interview. I am pretty confident you will pass the interview and get the job. Best wishes, dear brother!
- If you truly want this job, you must prove to your interviewers that you have the exceptional skills and talents that they’re looking for. I wish you all the best.
Related Reading: 40+ Sample Thank You Message Emails to Send After an Interview
- All you need to do during this interview is do your best and I am sure that the Lord Almighty will do the rest for you. Wishing you success in the interview!
- The secret to making it in life is to always whisper to yourself the words: “I can do it”. If you have faith in yourself, nothing can stand between you and success. Best wishes, brother.
- You should be more worried about me than anyone who’s interviewing you.
Interview Wishes for Husbands
- In my eyes, you are an awesome individual with great skills and talent. Show your interviewers what you’re really made of! I know you will grab this job. Good luck!
- Hey Honey! Remember that you are the best. Good luck with your job interview, and don’t forget to nail it! Best wishes, I love you.
- My love, I know you can do it. All the best to my love for the interview. I know how important this is for you so give your best. Best wishes!
- If you don’t get the job, no worries. I won’t leave you.
- I believe in you. I believe that no matter how enormous the odds are, you’ll excel. I believe you are destined for success. Just believe it is possible, and even the impossible shall become possible. Good luck!
This is a transition you’ve been dreaming to accomplish. I hope it all goes great for you. Good luck to you, my love.
- Remember to never stop giving your best in any situation you find yourself in. If you do this, you shall achieve your goals and be a winner. Best wishes, love!
- You’ve worked very hard for this. You know where you’ve been and know where you’re going. Take on this interview with the same grit and determination you’ve shown in every other task. Do your best! I love you.
- I know what securing this employment means to you. I pray for your success as you prepare for this interview. I am hoping that things will turn out well for you my love!
- As you walk into that interview hall, know that God is in control. Believe in yourself and give it your best. All the best for your job interview.
- I married a fearless man. No matter what happens, I still love you.
- As you go for this interview, know that your fate is in your hands. Just believe in yourself and your abilities and success shall be yours. My best wishes are with you, my love.
Good Luck on Your Interview Quotes
“The secret of acing a job interview is to stop believing in luck and start believing in yourself.” — Unknown
“When presented with an open door in your job, drive a Mack truck through it.” ― Miles Anthony Smith
“A job interview is a two-way communication to probe for cultural and team fit. No matter which side of the table you sit, you should be asking questions that are important to you without fear.” ― Salil Jha
“Our career mantra should be learn, relearn, repeat.” ― Miles Anthony Smith
Related Reading: 152+ Genuine Thank You Messages for Bosses You Actually Like
“In most cases, the best strategy for a job interview is to be fairly honest, because the worst thing that can happen is that you won’t get the job and will spend the rest of your life foraging for food in the wilderness and seeking shelter underneath a tree or the awning of a bowling alley that has gone out of business.” ― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish
“Finding a job that is a good fit is as much about you selecting the right company as it is about them selecting the right candidate.” ― Miles Anthony Smith
“Let’s step back from a job interview, just for a moment, and imagine yourself at a barbecue. You meet a stranger and make small talk, “Where are you from? What do you do? You married? Kids? You have grandchildren? How old are you?” Questions you have all asked at one time or another, yet if asked during a job interview every one of them could be interpreted as illegal. All too often, these questions at an interview are just the result of someone showing interest in you as a person, like at the barbecue.” ― Martin Yate
“Asked what we do best, few of us would say ‘doing a great job interview.’ Yet this is one of the most highly rewarded abilities in life.” ― Thea Kelley
Ways to Encourage Someone for their Big Interview
When someone you care about is starting a new chapter in their professional life, it’s natural to wish them luck. Transitions like this can be a rollercoaster ride. New office. New commute. New co-workers.
Some people go beyond well wishes when encouraging friends and partners during the interview process. Here are a few other tactics that folks have used.
Send your loved one a good-luck card. A message of good luck is always appreciated. Your card could be just what a friend or loved one needs to get through a challenging day.
Surprise them with a digital best wishes message. Now that we’re in a digital age, try making good luck graphics with your picture together. List 10 potentials you see in them and turn them into artsy graphics that fit their personality. Remind them how capable they are to shrug off their fear of failure.
Give a gift that already uses the concept of luck. Sending your loved one gifts that already have the concept of luck is another way to express your well wishes on their big day. A good example of this is sending a charm bracelet. You could also giveaway a four-leaf clover.
Send a “Best Wishes” care package. To express your you’ll-do-great wishes, send a thoughtful gift box containing self-care items with a lot of motivational quotes. You’re simply the best!
Gift a best-of-luck mug. Giving a mug is an affordable option. Send a mug as a gift with a memorable good luck quote on it. How about “Future Boss?”
Send a good luck artwork gift. A piece of artwork like a DIY frame with a catchy and personalized good luck quote would make an amazing gift.
What if’s and fear of failure can creep in before entering an interview. So make sure not to cause unnecessary stress with your well-meaning wishes. You know what types of messages will resonate with your friends and family. Even though you have positive intent, be sure not to go overboard.