Finding a boss that inspires, motivates and treats you fairly can be difficult. We’ve all heard horror stories of people having bosses who are cranky and unsupportive power mongers. Working with these types of bosses is not only challenging, but the situation can cause mental health issues if you remain in the role too long. Research shows that 57% of employees have left a job because of their bosses.
If you get the chance to work with a boss who inspires, knows how to communicate, and sees potential in you, show your appreciation by writing a heartfelt thank you note. You can use any of the examples below to write one of these messages. I suggest personalizing these to your own situation so the note is genuine.
- Thank You Messages for Bosses
- Positive Comments for Your Boss
- Thank You Note for Bosses During Difficult Times
- Thank You Messages Showing Appreciation For Your Boss
- Thank You Note to Boss When Leaving a Job
- Quotes about Bosses
Thank You Messages for Bosses
- Thank you for training me to be the best employee I can be. I couldn’t ask for a better boss than you!
- You treated me like your own and trained me well to help me achieve my dreams. Thank you very much.
- I appreciate you more than you know.
- Your leadership inspired everyone and you’ve been more than just a boss, you were the dad we never had. Thank you very much for inspiring us.
- I would not be able to achieve what I have so far if it weren’t for the way you inspired everyone of us. Thank you!
I consider myself lucky to have gotten an opportunity to work with a leader like you. Thank you for all that you’ve done and continue inspiring others.
- Not a lot of people have the privilege to work with a boss like you.
- You’ve always been an inspiration and continue being one.
- You’re the best mentor any employee could ever have.
- I have no regrets working in this company because you’ve taught me well and have guided me every step of the way. Thank you!
- You’ve always been less like a boss but more of a friend who is always concerned and just happy to help.
- I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to meet a boss like you. Thank you very much!
I want to thank you for being you, being the boss that no one deserves because you’re like an angel that is sent from above.
- You don’t judge people, you help them and you make sure they are always in good hands.
- My experience working in this company wouldn’t be so great if it weren’t for a boss like you.
- It’s been a tough ride but you were always there to inspire us to work harder and believe in what we can do.
- You’re a boss and a friend. You don’t push boundaries, but you inspire the people around you to be good and to do good.
- You radiate this passion to serve people and that is what we love about having a boss like you. Thank you for all that you do.
- Working with a boss like you gives me the fulfillment that all my hard work is appreciated.
- We are all lucky to have a leader and a friend in you. Thank you!
A good boss understands how-to rally a team.
Positive Comments for Your Boss
- You are an inspiration to all of us. Continue being one.
- You are the pillar that keeps this company together.
- Your hard work and dedication are beyond imagination. Thank you for being an inspiration.
- You’ve always been inspiring, the way you work with your people, the way you handle problems.
- You are an amazing person and anyone who would work under you will be so lucky.
- You’re more than just a boss, you’re a friend who truly cares for his people. I appreciate you for that.
- Hardworking and always inspiring!
- You are the big person that is always willing to help.
- You’d rather serve your people than be served. You are truly a leader.
- A boss that teaches, inspires, and educates.
- Your heart is full of the people that you inspired and helped.
- You never used your position to be powerful, you used it to inspire others to do a better job.
- You make things easier for the people working for you.
- A true leader indeed.
- You’re always ready to help and support me!
- She corrects you in a way that would never make you feel embarrassed or frustrated.
- She’s the reason the company is a success because she puts her people first, before anything else.
- She never used her power to denounce anyone. She is always open to communication and gives people the chance to speak up and be heard.
- You are the REAL BOSS. Proud to be under your team!
- You make working feel fun.
- I’d choose you to be my boss over anyone else!
- You know the difference between a good and a bad boss because you are a GOOD boss.
- You are always wearing a smile on your face.
- There is no boss like you.
- Working has been fulfilling since you became my boss.
- I learn a lot from you. Thank you.
- You have no idea how many people are inspired to work harder because of you.
- You are the reason I learned what my real worth is in the corporate world.
- Having a boss like you is like finding a gem in the trash can.
- I never thought I’d actually find a boss as good as you.
- I am proud to be able to call you my boss.
- You always know how to deal with your people.
- You are very good at communicating and listening to what people had to say.
- You always give us a chance to show what we have.
- You never judge anyone, you were always very open to hearing what the other side is.
- You are always for the truth and I admire you for that.
- Working with you as my boss motivates me to excel in what I do.
- You are one in a million.
- Thank you for being my boss. You are the best.
Thank You Note for Bosses During Difficult Times
- You were always understanding even when I was floundering with that quarterly project. Thank you for being you and an inspiration.
- You believed in me when nobody else did. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t know how success tastes sweeter after a career hurdle.
Being in the position where you are today, I wouldn’t have guessed that you would care about your people, but you do. And when we needed help, you were the first to offer a hand. Thank you for that.
- You were the light that guided my path. Thank you.
- You’ll never know how much you’ve helped me during the most difficult times in my job.
- If it wasn’t because of you, I would’ve quit a long time ago.
- You are the reason I stayed and continued to do well in what I do. Thank you for that.
- You were the only one who cared when I was having a difficult time at work.
- You are like an angel sent from above. Thank you for the advice. I will never forget you.
- You inspired me to get through anything in the world.
- I am very lucky to have you as my boss, the person who led me to the right track when everything else was falling apart.
- You deserve all the great things in the world because you are nothing but an angel to everyone.
- You were always so supportive and appreciative of the efforts we make.
- I don’t know what I did to be very lucky to have a boss like you.
- You were the light I never knew I needed during the times I wanted to give up.
- Having you as my boss gave light to the world I thought was shuttering.
- You made me realize my worth and inspired me to never give up on my dreams and continue working hard.
You were the beacon of life that shined through me during the times when all I wanted to do was give up.
- You made me a stronger person just by being you and being open to helping me in your own ways.
- Thank you for being my strength when I needed it.
- Thank you for believing in me when nobody else did.
- You were more than just a boss, you were like family who was always there for me.
- I am grateful for knowing such a wonderful boss who knew very well how to keep her team well.
Show your appreciation to your boss by hand writing a thank you note.
Thank You Messages Showing Appreciation For Your Boss
- You are the only boss that knows how to take care of her people at the same time inspire them to do better. Thank you for being you!
- Thank you for motivating me to do my best and overcome challenges both in life and at work.
- I will never be able to thank you enough for the training and supervision you’ve done to help me become the employee that I am today. I will forever be grateful to you. Thank you!
- You have shown me what a true boss is. You are a true leader who cares for her team. Thank you very much!
- I am really proud to be a part of your team because you don’t only lead, you also inspire. Thank you!
- You are worthy of respect and admiration.
- I know from the bottom of my heart that you will continue to inspire people and create good relationships with your team.
- I appreciate everything you taught me. Thank you very much.
- You taught me that work-life balance truly exists and that if you love what you do and the people around you, you are on the right track to success.
- I will forever cherish the experience I had working with you.
- As my boss, you were always very understanding and always had a smile on her face. It is a pleasure learning everything from you.
- Working with a boss like you gives me fulfillment which I have never experienced prior to coming to this company.
- Thank you for always prioritizing your team and putting our needs first.
- You are the reason I am excited to work everyday.
- I don’t think I’ll ever find a boss who is as kind, appreciative, and as sensitive as you.
- You always put your team first and for that, I am very grateful.
- You appreciate even the small things we do, you value our time as if it were yours and you celebrate small wins with every milestone.
A boss is also a mentor.
Thank You Note to Boss When Leaving a Job
- I learned everything I needed because of you. You were extending help whenever possible and it made me believe that I wasn’t alone in my journey of exploration and finding what I am good at. Thank you.
- I will forever be grateful to you, as a boss, mentor and inspiration who taught me everything I know today. You were more than just a workmate, a person in the position, you were like a mother figure that showed me how it was to succeed when everything else feels like crumbling down.
- I owe everything to you. You’ve trained me to become the woman I am today, not just at work but in life. I’ll forever remember you as the best boss anyone could ever ask for.
- You will continue to be my hero even if I change jobs. Thank you and I’ll miss you.
- I will make you proud!
- If they ask why I am good at what I do, I’ll tell them it was because of you.
- You made me realize that loving my work is possible.
- Having you as my boss is the greatest blessing I could ever have.
- No other person has inspired me as much as you did. Thank you and I’ll forever remember the wise words you shared with me.
- I pray that you will always be with a team that appreciates what you do because you are beyond great.
- You give up everything for your team and you make sure we are always doing well.
- Anyone would be lucky to have you as their boss.
Related Reading: My Own Restaurant Manager Job Description Sample (Free Template)
- Thank you for all that you’ve done for me. I will never forget you!
- I am able to achieve what I have now because of the training you provided me. Thank you and I will forever be grateful for you.
- I don’t think I’ll ever find a boss as good and as inspiring as you.
- Thank you for believing in me and giving me the chance to prove what I can do.
- I’ll work harder and make you proud.
- Let’s keep in touch! I never want to lose a friend like you just because you’re not my boss any more.
- I am always grateful for the things you taught me.
- I will never find someone like you.
- You inspire me to be better than I am. I am forever grateful to have you as my boss.
- I may be working for another company but you will always be my favorite mentor.
- I don’t think there is anyone as inspiring as you.
- I will live with the things you taught me and make you proud in my next job.
- Let’s not forget each other.
- Because of you I was able to understand what working with a nice boss feels like.
- I don’t expect to find a boss as nice as you.
- Keep inspiring others.
- Continue sharing your knowledge with your teammates.
Working with a boss you like creates a positive working environment.
Quotes about Bosses
- “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” – Anonymous
- “A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could.” – Charles Erwin Wilson
- “The mediocre boss tells. The good boss explains. The superior boss demonstrates. The great boss inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
“In most cases, a good boss means hiring talented people and then getting out of their way.” – Tina Fey
- “Never waste a good opportunity to learn from a bad boss.” – Anonymous
- “Having a bad boss isn’t your fault. Staying with one is.” – Nora Denzel
- “Overcoming horrible bosses. Sometimes we put up with bad behavior because we think it’s the path to a “dream” job, but we deserve better.” – Anonymous
- “He isn’t a real boss until he trains his subordinates to shoulder most of his responsibilities.” – Ken Blanchard
“People don’t leave bad jobs. They leave because of bad bosses, poor management who don’t appreciate their value.” – Anonymous
- “A boss creates fear, a leader confidence. A boss fixes blame, a leader corrects mistakes. A boss knows all, a leader asks questions. A boss makes work drudgery, a leader makes it interesting. A boss is interested in himself or herself, a leader is interested in the group.” – Russel Hewing
- “The boss doesn’t need friends, but the ones I do have, I keep very close.” – Sasha Banks
- “When the boss gets mad and takes it out on you, you will do less work, after all, nobody likes to reward bad behavior with a positive response. It’s simple really.” – Anonymous
- “Bosses push. Leaders pull. Real leadership is servant leadership.” – Dave Ramsey
- “Remember the difference between a leader and a boss; a boss says “go!”, a leader says “let’s go!”.” – E.M. Kelly
“Bosses and leaders everywhere should cherish the people who bring them bad news, disappointing data or hard problems.” – Margarel Hefferman
- “Bosses shape how people spend their days and whether they experience joy or despair, perform well or badly, or are healthy or sick. Unfortunately, there are hoards or mediocre and downright rotten bosses out there, and big gaps between the best and the worst.” – Robert I. Sutton
- “Leadership is not about who’s boss or who’s in charge, it’s about who gains respect from others.” – Anonymous
- “The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.” – Lee Iacocca
- “Image that the world had no middlemen, no publishers, no bosses, no HR folks, no one telling you couldn’t do. If you lived in that world, what would you do? Go. Do that.” – Seth
“It’s a tough world out there. You’re going to prepare yourself for politics, bad bosses, hating employees – and usually when you’re the absolute best, you get hated on the most.” – Kanye West
- “If it wasn’t for the bad bosses, I wouldn’t know what a good one was like.” – Anonymous
- “Never underrate the boss! The boss may look illiterate. He may look stupid. But there is no risk at all in overrating a boss. If you underrate him, he will bitterly resent it or impute you the deficiency in brains and knowledge you imputed to him.” – Peter Ducker
- “It turns out, I’m not very good at working with a traditional boss.” – Carrie Brownstein
- “Dream big like a boss. Your dreams should be so powerful you can’t sleep because they won’t get out of your head.” – Chris Holmes
- “Your boss is not your friend and if you’re the boss, your employees are not your friends.” – Sophia Amoruso
Let your manager know how grateful you are for their leadership and mentorship. If you happen to have a terrible boss right now, not to worry. I used to have a team lead who took credit for anything positive and blamed employees all shortcomings. It was a sad situation really.
But the experience also helped me appreciate when I did find a good manager in a future role. If you have a bad boss right now, it helps to understand that this job is a temporary situation. Eventually, you will find a better role if you look for it.