Getting through an interview process can be a grueling experience. After submitting your resume, speaking with recruiters, and attending interview sessions with multiple departments you might have invested weeks of time and effort getting through the process.
The good news is there is a simple solution to help you stand out from the rest of the competition after all these formalities: Sending a personalized thank you message to the person who interviewed you. However, merely 24% of HR managers ever receive a thank you message, according reports. This creates an opportunity to create a slight advantage as the applicant.
However, we understand that finding the right words in this situation can be quite difficult. You want to sound professional, authentic, but not needy in a followup message. Scroll down now to see more than 40 post interview sample thank you message emails. Simply choose the sample that matches your writing style, copy and paste your favorite into an email and hit send.
Pro tip: I suggest personalizing these messages before hitting send to increase the power of this tactic.
Sample Thank You Email Messages After an Interview
Send any of these thank you messages by email post interview.
- Thank you very much for your time today. I am grateful that you gave me the opportunity to interview for the job position. Know that I appreciate how you helped me understand the job better, to meet with you, and to see your office.
- Thank you so much for taking a chunk of your time to conduct an interview with me. It was a great pleasure to know more about the position and the team, as well. I am quite excited about the opportunity to join this company, and bring excellence with your team.
- I would like to give my thanks to you for sitting down with me and having an interview with me. I appreciate the chance of learning more about the role. I am looking forward to knowing more about the next steps. Do not hesitate to contact me through the contact information I provided.
- I just want to take the time to thank you for inviting me for an interview today. It was great to hear about your company’s vision and goals. From what I heard from you, this company seems like a wonderful place to work for. Kindly let me know if you require additional requirements to move the process forward.
- First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to say a word of thanks to you for inviting me to your office. Because of you, I am now even more excited to work for this company. Second of all, should you require additional information, do not hesitate to email or call me.
- Thank you for meeting me and telling me more about the position I’m applying for, as well as showing me how your company operates. I can already tell that your organization is a special place to work.
Related Reading: 201+ Brilliant Employee Health and Wellness Program Name Ideas
- I truly enjoyed speaking with you today about the role. The job seems to be an excellent match for my skills and experience. I want you to know that I am quite interested in working for you, and I am interested in hearing from you about this position.
- I want to thank you for seeing me today. I was delighted to hear more about your company’s business approach, and learn more information regarding the role I applied for. If you need any additional information from me at this point, please feel free to contact me.
- Thanks again for taking the time to meet with me yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed our conversation about the position and appreciated learning more about working with the team. It sounds like a rewarding role, especially given the opportunities for collaboration and advancement.
- Thank you for taking the time to interview me this morning. I appreciated learning more about how the role works. The way the teams work together sounds ideal for reaching goals and optimizing performance. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you more.
- I would like to give my utmost thanks for inviting me over to discuss more about the role. I also appreciate that you took the time to introduce me to how your team approaches projects and tasks. With that said, I know that your company is a fantastic place to work.
Sample Thank You Notes after an Interview
Express gratitude for the opportunity.
- Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak with you. I greatly appreciate the information you’ve provided regarding the position. With that said, I am quite interested to join your team.
- I am grateful to you for providing me a chance to interview for the position I applied for. After speaking with you, this job feels like a good match for my skills and experience. I know I can bring a lot to the company. Please feel free to contact me if you need more information regarding my references.
- I appreciate your time and the information you shared in my interview for the position. I am very interested in this job and in becoming a contributor to your organization.Please contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- I want to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to talk to me about the position with your company yesterday. It was truly inspiring to have such a meaningful conversation with someone who shares my approach to tasks and projects and to learn about your industry insights.
- It was a pleasure to come and chat for the second time, thank you for this opportunity! Now I’m even more certain that I will be able to help deliver great results working with the company. What’s most exciting for me is how you discussed your company’s approach for more efficient operations.
- I had a lot of fun learning more about the challenges ahead of the role with your organization yesterday! I’d be really excited to join your team and help increase the company’s value while also upholding its vision.
- Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about the r position this morning. It was inspiring to have such an insightful conversation about your team’s way of conducting projects to promote efficiency. It was a pleasure to learn more about your insight into the industry.
- I would like to thank you for spending time with me during the interview earlier today. The details you shared about the position and future goals for the team convinced me that the role would be an ideal match for my qualifications. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
- I appreciate the time you took to interview me. I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you regarding this position. Kindly contact me if you want to discuss further. Again, thank you for the opportunity.
- Thank you for taking the time to interview me yesterday afternoon! I enjoyed our conversation about the role I applied for, as well as the company’s goal. Aside from that, it was great learning about the job position overall.
Thank You Messages to Recruiters
Recruiters can help you land a dream job.
- I wanted to say again how much I appreciate you setting time aside for our meeting last week. Our conversation about the responsibilities for the role was insightful, and it solidified my excitement about the possibility of running the department.
- I wanted to reach out and express my appreciation for you taking a huge chunk of your time earlier this week. Our conversation about the position further solidified my excitement about the possibility of filling this role! Your feedback on how the department is run has brought a few ideas to mind on strategies to resolve any underlying issues. I am excited about the possibility of sharing these with you in the near future.
- I would like to extend a word of thanks to you for seeing me yesterday. I relished our time as you spoke about the position in great detail. I can tell you’ve got a great team there. I look forward to hearing back about this role very soon.
Related Reading: Best Restaurant Hostess Job Description Example Template (Download Free)
- Thank you for meeting me this morning. I am grateful for your clear explanation of the position, which seems exciting given my years of experience, as well as my college degree. Based on what you shared, I am confident I could help you take the company to greater heights.
- Thank you so much for the time you took to discuss the role with me today. Your insight on the position, and the fact you once occupied the role, solidified my excitement to learn from you and contribute to the growth of the brand. By all means, feel free to contact me to discuss the next steps.
- Thank you very much for referring me to my dream company! I interviewed for the job position yesterday afternoon, and I think it went pretty well. My experiences and degree did a lot of the talking for me. Once again, thank you!
- Firstly, I would like to send my thanks to you for giving me a shot for the job position. Secondly, the matters we discussed made me confident that I am highly qualified for the role, given my years of experience. Lastly, if you want to contact me, please feel free to do so.
- I genuinely appreciate that you put the time and effort into meeting with me yesterday. Thank you for discussing the role with such detail, which makes me more excited to fill this position. Please do not hesitate to email or call me if you have any questions or need any additional information.
- Thank you for making me feel comfortable during our interview earlier this week. It felt like I could answer your questions confidently. With that being said, I am grateful that you gave me an opportunity.
- Before anything else, I am already thankful that you gave me a chance to sit with you and discuss the position. Now, I can clearly understand what needs to be done to help the company through the role I applied for.
Thank You Emails after Final Interview
Make it to the final round? Congratulations!
- Thank you for speaking with me once again regarding the position. I appreciate so much that you shared your individual insights on the scope of this role as it relates to your particular business needs. If selected, I am confident that I can be of great service to your company, and help it grow.
- Thank you so much for taking the time to conduct a final interview with me earlier. It was such a pleasure to learn more about the team and position, and I’m very excited about the opportunity to explore a career with your company.
- I appreciate the time you took to introduce me to team members and show me around the facility. I felt like I learned so much about the organization and your mission. I truly value the time you took on me during the consideration phase of the role. I hope to speak with you soon.
- Thank you so much for sitting down with me earlier this week. After the last few interviews, I can confidently say that I am perfect for the role. I know that I can be of great service to your company and take it to new levels.
- I would like to thank you for past interviews wherein you took the time to discuss the job requirements. I understand that earlier was the final interview. Know that should you choose me, I believe my skills and experience can greatly help the company through this time of transition.
- Thank you for choosing me as one of the final candidates for the position. I appreciate all the time and effort you put in to discuss the role, as well as introducing me to the team. If I am to be selected, I guarantee that I can bring new life to the position.
- Thank you for clearing your schedule and speaking with me. I now understand the role better thanks to you. With that said, I also know how I can serve the company should you select me. If you want to discuss further, never hesitate to contact me.
Related Reading: 152+ Genuine Thank You Messages for Bosses You Actually Like
- Thank you for making time to conduct one last interview with me. If you choose me, I am confident that I can develop the role further. Once again, thank you for your time and consideration.
- I wanted to say again how much I appreciate you setting time aside for our last interview this morning. Our discussion about the responsibilities for the role was perceptive, and it solidified my excitement about the possibility of filling the position.
- After our final interview, I would like to spend the time to thank you for considering me as one of the best candidates for the position. Should you come to the conclusion that I am the perfect fit, do not hesitate to contact me.
- I truly enjoyed our final interview today about the position at your company. In addition to my enthusiasm, I will bring to the position my years of experience. I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you regarding this position.
Should You Send a Thank You Letter?
Typically, once an interview is over, all the candidate needs to do is wait for the phone to ring. However, 80% of HR managers say that receiving a thank you letter after an interview finds it somewhat to very helpful when reviewing candidates for a specific position. Despite that, only about 24% receive thank you notes from applicants, as we mentioned above.
But be sure to take care how you send this short message of appreciation. According to the same HR report, only 7% of hiring managers wanted to be thanked on social media. Even of these managers are expecting to be thanked by text message.
There’s always a fine line you need to walk between being grateful after an interview and desperate for a job. With that being said, sending a post-interview thank you email after an interview will help you stand out from other candidates if you have close competition.