Recognition of a job well done can lift people up and improve performance. In fact, 69% of employees say that they’d work harder if they felt appreciated. As a manager, you can use the art of recognition as a practical tool to increase team production while boosting morale. But finding the right words to express exactly how you feel can be easier said than done.
To help out, I published more than 201 email recognition messages you to acknowledge a job well done. Copy and use these any one of these messages below to show appreciation to a rock-star employee today.
Congratulation Messages for a Job Well Done
It can be easy to forget to tell staff you appreciate them.
- Not just anyone can pull off a 150 person catering job. This takes communication skills, careful planning, and leadership. Congratulations and bravo!
- Congratulations on your well-deserved success! The company has an invaluable asset in your not only for your sales skills, but for your compassion of our customers.
- You did an amazing job! I’m proud of you! You’ve come so far since you started here and I can’t wait to see where you go next.
- Sending you the most heart-felt congratulations on a job well done. Closing the deal with the Imagine Food Group wasn’t easy and took a significant effort to cross the finish line.
- This took persistence, commitment, and an immense amount of talent. Congratulations on bringing it all together so wonderfully.
- With all your hard work, you continue to inspire your fellow colleagues, and me. Congratulations!
- Great job on the last project! Your input was critical to the success.
- You’ve really shown the reason why we hired you in the first place. I must say you’ve made me look really smart. Congratulations and great job!
- I want to congratulate you personally on another job well done! I look forward to continuing working with you.
- Congratulations on a job well done, and for the bright future that’s ahead of you. Keep this up and you’ll be partner in less than 5 years.
- All your hard work is finally paying off. Congratulations on the fantastic job. Your values align with our company so well.
- Congratulations on a job well done, and I am very pleased to have you as my employee. I can’t wait to see what you do next.
- You did a fantastic job! Looking forward to seeing your career flourish as the team leader of accounting.
- You’ve managed to accomplish something magnificent by updating the restaurant work flow. I’m lucky to have you on my team. Keep bringing forward your ideas.
- I knew you were capable of a lot. However, this, in particular, has made me incredibly impressed. What an achievement! Great job.
- I am beyond impressed at the job you’ve done. Fantastic job!
- You have truly shown me your exceptional skill and talent. Thank you for your awesome work.
- Warmest congratulations on your achievement.
- Congratulations and best wishes for your next project!
- So pleased to see you accomplishing great things. I spoke with the president of the grocery store chain and he wanted me to personally thank you for your efforts and dedication to customer service. Great job!
Related Reading: 40+ Sample Thank You Message Emails to Send After an Interview
- Congratulations on not just reaching your goals, but doing what you once thought was impossible.
- I knew it was only a matter of time. Well done!
- Thank you for going above and beyond. Great job!
- I knew you were capable of a lot. What an achievement! Well done.
- Phenomenal work! You deserve every bit of praise.
- I’m amazed at the exceptional work you did.
- This calls for a celebration! Congratulations!
- What you’ve managed to achieve is nothing short of spectacular. Thank you for a job well done!
- Congratulations! Keep it up!
- What you did was absolutely fantastic. Congratulations and I’m looking forward to seeing your growth.
- I hope not a day goes by without you recognizing your accomplishment. Well done on everything.
- Your efforts did not just reach the eyes of your colleagues, but mine, as well. Great job!
- Your dedication to the work enabled you to do a fantastic job. For that, I would like to congratulate you personally on a job well done.
- Congratulations on a job well done. Thank you for all that you’ve been doing for the company for the past two decades.
- You have exceeded my expectations. Good on you! Keep doing what you’re doing.
Email Messages for a Job Well Done
Copy and paste to congratulate.
- You’ve done a fabulous job! Your thoughtful planning was wonderful!
- We are thrilled to have you on our team and this is exactly why we need you.
- I had to send this message in writing. This is truly above and beyond what anyone else in this role has done before. Thank you so much!
- This is superb! I had no idea a project could look this good. You put the customer first at every single turn.
- I’m writing this email to you to congratulate you on a job well done! Drinks are on me after work.
- To be honest, when we started the project I wasn’t sure we could pull this off but you pulled it off flawlessly. I think you’ve got mid-level management potential.
- I haven’t seen such quality work in a long time. Great job. Keep it up!
- Thank you for bringing your best to work every single day. You are a pleasure to work with. Great job!
- Words cannot express my gratitude for your help and effort. Thank you so much.
- We are fortunate to have a hard worker like you. We are proud of you. Well done!
- You make work your passion, and that’s why you succeed. We truly appreciate the good work.
- Congratulations for your fabulous victory, dear! You deserve every bit of it! Aim for the stars, and I’m sure it will be yours! Well done.
- Thank you for pulling everyone/everything together on such short notice.
- Give the world the best you have, and the best will come to you! I want you to know that I really appreciate your efforts. I hope this email message will get across my point that you are an incredible contributor to our kitchen staff.
- Thanks for stepping up and getting this done for us. You really stepped up and carried us all over the goal line. Great job, as always!
- Your work speaks volumes of the kind of man you are – efficient, organized and result-oriented. Well done.
Related Reading: 152+ Genuine Thank You Messages for Bosses You Actually Like
- Keep up the good word and cheers to your continued success here.
- I’m lucky to have you on my team. Keep it up!
- Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Great job!
- I appreciate your critical thinking around this project.
- You consistently bring your all and I truly appreciate that.
- You’re doing an amazing job! We knew you were the right person for the position.
- Many people in this office are busy planning, plotting, discussing and strategizing. You are one of the rare people I’ve met that can actually backup what they say. Well done.
- Skills can be imparted, but the will to persist and persevere is inborn; a talent you have been blessed with. Well done.
- You worked hard and didn’t make excuses. It’s only fair that you are successful in this project. Good job!
- Your success is well-deserved. Congratulations!
- Thank you for being a team player. Our team is better because of you. Congratulations.
- I appreciate you being a problem-solver. You always find the right solutions. Great job.
- I’ll forever be grateful to you for who you are, what you did. Thank you.
- You did another amazing job! You are a blessing to this company.
- I cannot imagine completing this project without you. You are amazing. Thank you for being there for me.
- Your achievements speak about your capabilities. Slow and steady makes it to the top! Good job!
- May you continue to reach for your dreams! For now, congratulations on a job well done.
- Excellent work! You are destined for big things!
- Employees like you are one in a million. You left no stone unturned to reach this result. I am proud of you. You are the gem of a person!
Congratulations on Your Achievement Messages
A promotion to head chef deserves to be acknowledged.
- Your achievement is not a fluke. You’ve worked hard for this and deserve to be celebrated. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on this accomplishment. I can’t wait to watch you continue to succeed!
- This achievement only adds to your success. I’m so happy that I got to watch your journey. Congratulations!
- With the amount of love and passion you show towards your work, it’s no wonder why you’ve been able to reach this goal. Congratulations on your outstanding achievement!
- Becoming the top sales rep in your region is no small achievement. Congratulations on exceeding your monthly goals. I can’t help but be proud.
Well done on your new accomplishment. You’ve passed the test and have a bright future ahead of you.
- I’m overwhelmed with pride when I think about what you’ve been able to accomplish in such a short amount of time.
- To say that I’m happy for you is an understatement. Looking at you today, I am simply beaming with pride. Your achievement here is nothing but inspiring.
- Congratulations on your success. I can’t wait to watch you continue to grow!
- I want you to know how important this achievement is, and how proud I am of you. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your continued success. I’m privileged to get to watch you reach your goals!
- I want to say congratulations. It’s time for us to celebrate you!
- You’ve always been the cheerleader. Today, we get to cheer you on to the path of success.
- Keep on growing, keep on achieving. I believe in you and the incredible things in store for your future. Congratulations!
- Your achievement is outstanding, and you stand head and shoulders above the rest. Congratulations!
- I am delighted to see your perseverance rewarded. Enjoy your well-earned achievement!
- My most heartfelt congratulations on your achievement.
- I know you have worked hard for this achievement, so you should be proud of yourself. You have proved that hard work really pays off.
I am certainly thrilled at what you’ve accomplished and looking forward to seeing you tackle even bigger things in your future.
- You are one of life’s inspiring characters. Enjoy the happiness from this great achievement. I am so proud of you.
- I am so excited about what you have accomplished and am going to be rooting for you for your next big win. I look forward to watching you thrive.
- You’ve gone for gold with your achievements. Coming in runner-up has never been enough. You’ve pushed yourself, and you’ve done it. Congratulations!
- The dedication you have shown demonstrates a work ethic that few possess. I wish you continued success in all you seek to achieve. Well done!
- I am thrilled to see all you have achieved and could not possibly be any prouder of you.
- Another day, another achievement. Your hard work is really paying off. Well done!
- What an achievement, job well done! I am thrilled for all you have accomplished.
- You proved that with hard work and determination, one can achieve anything.
- Your hard work paid off. You deserve to celebrate your success! Keep shooting for the stars.
- You are one of the most talented people I know, so it is with joy that I congratulate you on your significant achievement.
- Congratulations on your fantastic achievement and many wishes for continued success.
- Well done! I congratulate you on your outstanding achievement. I believe that this is only the beginning. There are more great things ahead for you.
- Congratulations on yet another achievement! I’m proud of you. Know that I will always support you as you walk your way towards the path of success.
- Today is all about you. Well done! I congratulate you on your outstanding achievement. I believe that this is only the beginning. There are more great things ahead for you.
- Congratulations on this milestone. You deserve this recognition for your success.
- I hope you experience both happiness and comfort. Enjoy all that life and your achievements bring.
Congratulation Quotes about Success
These quotes express success.
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
- “If you can’t say anything else to someone for their achievement, just congratulate the person.”
I wish you a hearty congratulation on this pleasant occasion. May your life always shower you with such happy and successful moments.
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
- “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” – Anthony Robbins
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
Related Reading: 201+ Brilliant Employee Health and Wellness Program Name Ideas
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody.” – Herbert Bayard Swope
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
“It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
- “You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.” – Booker T. Washington
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
- “Success is … knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.” – John Maxwell
- “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
- “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
“The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
- “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
- “A real entrepreneur is somebody who has no safety net underneath them.” – Henry Kravis
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
Words of Appreciation for Hard Work
Make sure people know they are valued at work.
- To be honest, I don’t know how you manage to do such a good job every single time. Very well done!
- The way you handled the project showed resilience, experience, knowledge, and critical thinking. We would love to get your perspective on our next project.
- A good employee inspires his or her boss. Thanks for being my inspiration.
- Every idea shared and every opportunity seized by you helped us achieve the heights. Kudos to your efforts!
Be proud of the fact that you have the power to rise above any situation and deliver the best results no matter the circumstances. Excellent work!
- You’ve done such a great job of helping keep the company afloat. We appreciate all your hard work. Well done!
- The task was confusing from the start, but you kept going and you accomplished it. Amazing work!
- You’re always working in the background, helping each of us to be better. However, today we celebrate you and all your hard work.
- A perfect employee is not the one who comes early and leaves late. It is someone who dedicates themselves to their work wholeheartedly. Kudos to your dedication!
- Without your diligence, hard work, late nights, and early mornings we wouldn’t have been able to meet the deadline. Excellent work!
- You and your work always stood by the expectations and have a meaningful contribution to the company’s success. We value your presence and are proud of you.
- All your hard work has led you to this accomplishment. We pray for your continued success. Know that we are always proud of you!
I’ll bet you didn’t think if anyone was watching you while you invested those extra hours. You were wrong, and I would like to thank you for everything you have done so far.
- You manage to go above and beyond for every piece of job that you do. Great work!
- Your desire and willingness fuel our mutual efforts and guide us to success.
- I haven’t seen such quality work in a long time. Great job!
- Your hard work is admirable, and it guarantees a continuing successful relationship between us.
- I appreciate all the hard work you’ve done for the company. We value you as an employee and a friend. Keep it up!
- Please take a breather from working so hard. You have already done such excellent work. It’s time to celebrate now!
- Your dedication and hard work have left everyone in utter amazement in the company, and here I take this moment to convey my heartfelt wishes and best of luck to you.
- We highly commend your work ethic and dedication. Well done!
- Always know that your hard work has not gone unnoticed. The company wants to congratulate you on a job well done.
- Thank you for putting up the extra time to reach our targets. Good job!
- Even though appreciation words are not enough for praising you for your great work. I would still like to convey my best wishes and assure you of my support every time you need it.
- I must be one lucky manager to have someone like you working for me, and I wish to see your progress in all your endeavors.
- May the success that has come your way today lead you to a bigger achievement in the years to come.
- It’s great to work with such a dedicated and inspiring person. Thank you.
- Many see a job well done but few come forward with a word of appreciation. So, today we choose to celebrate you and all the good work you’ve done.
- Thank you for taking our company to great heights of success. Without your dedication and hard work it would not have been possible.
- You are a pleasure to work with. Great job!
- Our team members can always depend on your quality work and effort. Excellent work!
- Thanks for bringing so much success to our company. It deserves all my appreciation. Well done.
- Even the smallest of jobs well done will take you one step closer towards the success that you have always dreamed about. Keep it up.
- Thanks for showing your excellent services towards our company. My appreciation for you is much greater than these words.
- Did anyone tell you that you are one of the best employees our organization has ever seen? You and your work is valuable for us and I hope of continuing our professional journey ahead as well.
Job Well Done Quotes
- “The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.” – Jonas Salk
- “It’s not the tools you have faith in, they work or they don’t work. It’s the people you have faith in or not.” Steve Jobs
- “Any job very well done that has been carried out by a person who is fully dedicated is always a source of inspiration.” – Carlos Ghosn
- “True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“The biggest reward for a thing well done is to have done it.” – Voltaire
- “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Greatness is a lot of small things done well. Day after day, workout after workout, obedience after obedience, day after day.” – Ray Lewis
- “We were created for meaningful work, and one of life’s greatest pleasures is a job well done.” – John C. Maxwell
- “There is a wild, splendid, intoxicating joy that follows work well done.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “We all need to be recognized for what we’re doing, for our work. Every once in a while we need someone to come up to us and say, ‘You’re beautiful. That was well done. That’s nice.’” Leo Buscaglia
Work at another kitchen
- “There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.” – Walter Reuther
- “A thing well done is worth doing.” – Hugh Leonard
- “I suppose if you’ve never bitter your nails, there isn’t any way to explain the habit. It’s not enjoyable, really, but there is a certain satisfaction – pride in a job well done.” – Anderson Cooper
- “Remember, work, well done, does good to the man who does it. It makes him a better man.” – George S. Clason
“The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours.” – Ray Kroc
- “What every employer is looking for is not someone who can do the job, but someone who can reinvent the job.” – Thomas Friedman
- “A life of value is not a series of great things well done; it is a series of small things consciously done.” – Joan D. Chittister
Related Reading: 101 Data-Backed Employee Motivation Statistics and Trends
- “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach
- “There is a difference between conceit and confidence. Conceit is bragging about yourself. Confidence means you believe you can get the job done.” – Johnny Unitas
- “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney
- “The highest happiness is a by-product of worthy work well done.” – Rene Auberjonois
- “Focusing on one thing and doing it really, really well can get you very far.” – Kevin Systrom
“If it’s flipping hamburgers at McDonald’s, be the best hamburger flipper in the world. Whatever it is you do you have to master your craft.” – Snoop Dogg
- “When we were told it’s impossible, we knew it’s the right way to be done.” – Joe Sutter
- “Better a little which is well done, than a great deal imperfectly.” – Plato
- “I look back on my life like a good day’s work, it was done and I am satisfied with it.” – Grandma Moses
I do have one final tip before letting you go. Make sure to customize any of these messages or quotes before hitting send. When giving a compliment, it’s most effective if you share the specific examples of the work they did. You should also recognize any time investment or special know-how they used to overcome the challenges. A bit of personalization with this approach will ensure maximum impact of each message.