Van life – it’s been around ever since the 1960s, but started to gain popularity more recently alongside social media websites like Instragram. The advantages of living in a van are significant including lower cost of living and of course travel.
But this lifestyle isn’t for everyone. Eating, sleeping and bathing in a space less than 40 sq. feet comes with its own challenges. If you’re in a relationship with someone else, making the pitch to live full-time in a van can be difficult. In spite of this USA Today reports that more Americans are still making the leap to van life due to the benefits.
If you’ve decided to drive head first into that #vanlife, here are more than 125 adventurous van life captions and quotes. Scroll down now to get inspired about this lifestyle. Recently, I also added a used conversion van section to the website to help you find your own vehicle. Check it out if you’re in the market for a camper van of your own!
- Van life captions
- Van life quotes
- Adventurous van life sayings
- Funny van life quotes
- Van life hashtags
- Adventurous van life slogans
- Travel quotes
Van Life Captions
- Living my best life in my van.
- We’ll make the great escape.
- Proof that life is one beautiful ride.
- My goal is to explore.
- Care-free cruisin’ along the highways.
- Happiness is found inside my van.
- Adventures worth a lifetime.
- It’s a long road ahead, so I’ll use my van.
- Life – it’s all about the journey.
- Where the adventure never stops.
- Eat. Sleep. Travel. Repeat.
- The long and winding road is worth it.
- There’s no turning back now.
- Hands on the steering wheel and the world at my fingertips.
- As free as the wind, there’s no better feeling.
- Living in a van is pretty sweet!
- Basically, all I do is travel, travel, travel.
- Keep going. Don’t stop now.
- Life is all about the journey. So, where are you going?
- To see the world is my motto.
- Explore the unseen.
- Going to parts unknown.
- Living the van life!
- Home is where my van is.
- To explore the world from the comfort of my van.
- It’s more than just a vehicle, it’s my home.
- Takes me wherever I need to go, whenever I need to.
- In life, there are many twists and turns, but let them come.
- Everything I need is in my van.
- Living the nomad life.
Van Life Quotes
Here are a few inspiring van life quotes from people currently living their best lives in their vans:
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Pinterest
- “So much world, so little time.” – Pinterest
- “This nomad is proof that you don’t need a driver’s license to experience van life.” – Road Trippers
- “As you start traveling down that road of life, remember this: there are never enough comfort stops. The places you’re going are never on the map, and once you get that map out, you won’t be able to re-fold it no matter how smart you are. So forget the map, roll down the windows, and whenever you can, pull over and have a picnic.” – Jim Hensen
“At the moment, we see no end to our nomad days. We are joyful and on fire for life every day. If that ever changes, we’ll make a change. But why fix what’s not broken? This lifestyle isn’t for everyone, but has been the best life choice we’ve made so far. We wouldn’t change a thing.” – James & Rachel (Idle Theory Bus)
- “Our journey is the summation of things we wish to show and teach Colette [our daughter]: simple living. Richness of experience. Love above all. Togetherness. Respect for others and the planet.” – Emily, Adam & kids (Our Open Road)
Related Reading: 150+ Cleaning Business Slogans and Quotes that Increase Sales
- “We’ve realized you can live with really limited things—just the most essential things. We started with a van full of stuff, and every week we just throw away or give away some of our belongings—clothes and books—trying to just carry as few things as possible. We also changed our life perspective. We are now more flexible, totally open to new adventures, and the best thing: we are the owners of our lives. Something we are learning everyday is getting to know different people, different lifestyles and cultures.” – Eva & Victor (Tiny House Tiny Footprint)
“While there may come a time when we want a homebase, we foresee van life always being part of our life. We will always explore this amazing planet and what better way than in a VW Vanagon named Boscha! Furthermore, this lifestyle for us has become much deeper than driving from point A to B. We feel this lifestyle represents an openness not just to exploring the many beautiful places and people along the way, but exploring ourselves as beings of infinite possibility.” – Emily & Corey (Where’s My Office Now?)
- “We were wasting our lives going to work everyday, putting our kids in daycare all just to have a nicer car, comfier couch, bigger TV and flashier house. So we have decided we want out. We want out of the prescribed life, we want to be free. Free to spend as many of the hours we have left together. Watching our kids grow up, having amazing experiences and truly living.” – Andrew, Amber & kids
- “The times we have spent in our van have been our happiest by far.” – Lauren & Calum (The Rolling Home)
- “Nothing is really permanent in life really, and this is one thing I’ve learnt from doing this. The feeling of permanency isn’t really real. For now, I really want to carry on like I am.” – Mike Hudson (Van Dog Traveller)
- “On the road, you are stripped of so many outside filters and your intuition is your best, most vital gift. We are in love with the breadth and diversity we’ve encountered on the road. We adore high mountains and warm oceans, the cultural delights in big cities and the slow charm of small towns, deep forests and vast deserts so life on the road suits us quite well, wherever that may be.” – Adam, Colette, Emily & Sierra
Adventurous Van Life Sayings
- “There’s a whole world for you to explore.”
- “The van life is not for everybody, but it is for me.”
- “Living in a van allows you to live spontaneously.”
- “Eat, sleep and have adventures.”
- “Always take the scenic route.”
- “Adventure is always an option when you live in a van.”
- “I love my van from the mountains and back.”
- “There’s no time to be bored when you live in a van.”
- “Less talking, more living.”
- “Live the life you’ve always dreamed of having.”
- “Getting used to sleeping with the stars.”
- “Keep going, you’ll get there.”
- “Followed my heart and it led me to the road.”
- “I’ll send my postcards from the road.”
- “Living in a van is already its form of adventure.”
- “The world looks beautiful on you.”
- “No destinations, just adventures.”
- “Happiness is right inside this camper van.”
- “Don’t mind me. I’m just cruising through life.”
- “Living more with less.”
- “Life without boundaries.”
- “This van is a reminder that adventure is always waiting.”
- “Explore. Create. Make real connections.”
- “Oftentimes, the best thing is to take that leap of faith.”
- “With a van, there’s no time to be bored.”
- “Why just see the world when you can be part of it constantly?”
- “Life is just a drive away.”
- “Don’t stop now.”
- “Take the less traveled route.”
- “Life beyond screens and monitors.”
Funny Van Life Quotes
- “Skip the expensive mortgage.”
- “Be sure to gas up, so adventure never stops.”
- “If traveling was free, you would never see me again.”
- “Look at that van go (Van Gogh).”
- “Sure, not many will approve, but you’ll be driving far away to hear.”
Related Reading: 150+ Non-Lame Workplace Safety Slogans and Quotes That Get Results
- “Bring your house everywhere.”
- “When ordinary life doesn’t interest you, get a van.”
- “Absolute proof that you can live more with less.”
- “Gas, grass or ass. Nobody rides for free.”
- “Who needs a plane ticket when you have a van?”
Van Life Hashtags
If you’re a digital nomad, here are some popular van life hashtags that you can use to promote your work and save as a hashtag on social media. These hashtags can help your images be seen by a wider range of users.
Adventurous Van Life Slogans
- Hungry for an adventure? Get a van.
- Because the world is your home.
- Travel in comfort.
- No more excuses to explore.
- Making life more special.
- Be connected to the earth.
- Adventure awaits.
- Explore the world with your steering wheel.
- Leave your past in the rearview mirror.
- The vehicle doesn’t matter, the journey does.
- “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
- “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
“Don’t travel just to see. Travel to try, listen, feel, taste. That way there won’t be any place you cannot find beauty.”
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
- “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
Related Reading: Top 200+ Laundromat Business Name Ideas You Can Use
- “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
“To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
- “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things. -air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky. -all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
- ”What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do — especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
- “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
- “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli