Safety in the workplace is extremely important for any employer. Whether you manage a factory, coffee shop, or a diner, you can make the workplace safer with the right training. According to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), 5,333 workers died on the job in 2019. This averages out to 15 deaths a day, which is heart breaking any way you look at it.
Maintaining the safety of your workforce is beneficial not only to employees, but beneficial to the bottom line of a business as well by reducing the amount of time off due to injuries and legal fees. Here are more than 150 slogans and taglines to keep work safety campaign top of mind among staff without sounding lame.
- Workplace Safety Slogans
- Workplace Safety Quotes
- Cheesy Workplace Safety Slogans
- Plant Safety Slogans
- Industrial Safety Slogans
- Food Safety Slogans
Workplace Safety Slogans
Workplace safety is one of the most important aspects of any role. But remembering safety protocol isn’t always easy when you’re up against a deadline. These slogans remind your workforce that safety always comes first.
- You can’t cure stupid.
- Accident prevention – your no. 1 intention.
- Accidents hurt – Safety doesn’t.
- At work at play, let safety lead the way.
- At Work, At Home – Let Safety Be Known.
- Be aware, take care.
- Do your work with pride, put safety in every stride.
- Don’t be safety blinded, be safety minded.
- Electricity can turn you off.
- Get in high speed pursuit of safety.
- Get Smart, Use Safety from the Start.
- Is better to lose one minute in life… than to lose life in a minute.
- Know safety. No Accidents.
Related Reading: 150+ Life-Changing Anti-Drug Slogans and Taglines that Aren’t Lame
- Make it your mission, not to live with an unsafe condition.
- Never give safety a day off.
- Safety – A small investment for a rich future.
- Safety is a full time job – don’t make it a part-time practice.
- Safety is no accident.
- Safety Vision is 2020
- Shortcuts cut life short.
- Stop accidents before they stop you.
- Stop! Think! Then act!
- Think safety – it couldn’t hurt.
- To avoid a scene keep your work place clean.
- Turn your attention to accident prevention
- Good health is your greatest asset.
Workplace Safety Quotes
Here are our favorite quotes on the subject of workplace safety.
- An incident is just the tip of the iceberg, a sign of a much larger problem below the surface. – Don Brown
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. – Benjamin Franklin
- At the end of the day, the goals are simple: safety and security. – Jodi Rell
- Carefulness costs you nothing. Carelessness may cost you your life. – Safety saying from the early 1900s.
Do not think because an accident hasn’t happened to you that it can’t happen. – Safety message from the early 1900s.
- For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind. – Eleanor Everet
- It takes leadership to improve safety. – Jackie Stewart
- Luck runs out but safety is good for life. – Author Unknown
- Obedience is the mother of success and is wedded to safety. – Aeschylus
- One earnest worker can do more by personal suggestion to prevent accidents than a carload of safety signs. – Making Paper
- Prepare and prevent, don’t repair and repent. – Author Unknown
- Safety brings first aid to the uninjured.” – F.S. Hughes
- Safety doesn’t happen by accident. – Author Unknown
Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. – Jeff Cooper
- Safety isn’t expensive, it’s priceless. – Author Unknown
- The danger which is least expected soonest comes to us. – Voltaire
- There’s no better policy in a society then pursuing health and safety of its people. – Ralph Nader
- Tomorrow: your reward for working safely today. – Robert Pelton
- Work injuries and illnesses can affect every aspect of life for workers and their families. – Maine Department of Labor
- Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it. – Author Unknown
- You are your last line of defense in safety. It boils down to you. – Kina Repp
- You don’t need to know the whole alphabet of Safety. The A, B, C of it will save you if you follow it: Always Be Careful. – Colorado School of Mines Magazine
- Your employees learn by example. If they don’t see you practicing good safety habits, they won’t think safety is important. – Electrical Construction & Maintenance
Cheesy Workplace Safety Slogans
Safety is always a serious concern, but you can make it a little easier to remember with campaign slogans. Here are some light-hearted safety messages to consider.
- Arms work best when attached to the body.
- Avoid a mourning, acknowledge a warning.
- Be a safety hero – score an accident zero
- Chance takers are accident makers
- Falling objects can be brutal, if you don’t protect your noodle.
- Hearing protection is a sound investment.
- If you mess up, ‘fess up
- It’s easier to ask a dumb question than it is to fix a dumb mistake
- Keep safety in mind. It will save your behind.
- Know safety, no injury. No safety, know injury
- Safety comes in a can, I can, You can, We can be safe.
- Safety glasses: All in favor say “Eye!”
- Safety is as simple as ABC – Always Be Careful
- Safety is Gainful; Accidents are Painful.
- Safety Shoes To House Your Toes; Safety Glasses on Your Nose.
- Safety starts with “S” but begins with “YOU”.
- Safety: more fun than running with scissors
- Safety… It can charm you, or ALARM you!
- Safety…Did it, done it, doing it tomorrow
- Ten fingers, Ten toes, if you are not careful then, who knows?
- The door to Safety swings on the hinges of common sense
- The Key To Safety Is in Your Hands
- Those precious fingers don’t ignore, Or they could end up on the floor.
- Unsafe acts will keep you in stitches
- While on a ladder, never step back to admire your work
- Your wife will spend your 401K; If you get killed at work today.
Plant Safety Slogans
Plants are a major cause of concern for safety officers and can be a hazardous work environment due to the equipment and materials used. And while many plants do have a good safety record, these slogans will help promote an even safer environment.
- A clean floor everyday keeps lost days away.
- A fire today – no job tomorrow
- A harness is better than a hearse.
- A safe workplace is a productive workplace.
- A spill, a slip, a hospital trip.
- All injuries are preventable.
- Are you part of the safety TEAM….(Together Employees Accomplish More)
- Don’t be a fool – use the proper tool.
- Don’t learn safety by accident.
- Expect the unexpected to stay protected.
- Expect the unexpected, and always be protected.
- Eyes are priceless, eye protection is cheap.
- Hearing loss is a huge loss – use your hearing protection
- If you think safety rules are a pain, try having an accident.
- It only takes one mistake to bring us all down; don’t let it be yours!
- Let’s all keep our heads, and other body parts, together
- Machines don’t have brains — use your own.
- Precaution is better than cure.
- Prepare & prevent instead of repair & repent.
- Protect your hands, you need them to pick up your pay check
- Safety fits like a glove; Try one on.
- Safety isn’t expensive, it is priceless.
- Speak up to save a life.
- Wipe Up and avoid a Slip Up!
- Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.
Industrial Safety Slogans
Here are some more examples of safety slogans applicable to industrial or construction zones.
- Alert today, alive tomorrow.
- Before you do it, take time to think through it.
- Do not seek to place blame, seek to find solutions.
- Don’t be a fool! Inspect your electrical tools
- Every employee has the right to stop work.
- Every task, the right way, every time.
- Hard hats, they’re not just for decoration
- Here’s a heads up: Wear a helmet.
- Invest in tomorrow- work safe today.
- Never Give Safety A Day Off.
- Never take safety for granted.
- One bad day at the grinder could ruin your whole life
- Prepare to prevent negative outcomes.
- Replacing a saw guard is easier than replacing a finger
- Safe crane operation is uplifting
- Safety by choice, not by chance.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Safety rules are your best tools
- Think smart before you start.
- Trying to make up time could cost you your life.
- When safety is first, you last.
- Working safe does not happen by accident.
- Zero injuries does not indicate the presence of safety.
Food Safety Slogans
Kitchens can be dangerous places to work dozens of dangers including hot stoves, knives, heavy pans, and scalding liquids. But safety in a kitchen is also about food safety, and making sure that the food you serve your customers is fit to eat and cooked properly. Post these slogans in a commercial kitchen to remind chefs, cooks, and dish washers to work safe.
- Always check the expiry date before the food goes on a plate.
- Always wash your hands, pots and pans.
- Avoid cross contamination in every station.
- Cook it with care, well done not rare.
- Don’t touch the pot, it might be hot.
- Eat what’s on your plate not what’s on the floor.
- Food safety, a responsibility to share.
- From farm to plate, make food safe.
- Heat the food to the right degree, to make it healthy and germ free.
- If u try to cook your food quick, you will get sick.
- If you are going to eat it later, keep it in the refrigerator.
- If you can’t eat it – leave it!
- If you don’t want to contaminate the meat, keep your kitchen counters neat!
- In the fridge you should know to always keep the meats below.
- It’s all about quality, not quantity.
- Keep It Clean, If You Know What I mean.
- Keep it cool is a golden rule.
- Not safe, don’t eat.
- Nuke it or Puke it.
- Safe food = Healthy food.
- Serving safe food it’s not an option it’s an obligation.
- To prevent a stomach ache, hygienic precautions you should take.
- Wash your hands before you eat, whether its an apple or meat.
- When in doubt throw it out.
- When preparing foods keep it clean, a dirty area should not be seen.
- From peanuts to cheese be aware of food allergies.
- You need determination to prevent food contamination.
Keeping up safety standards could have reduced the occupational injury rate by 2.8% of the national workforce according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Even if your workplace hasn’t experienced any accidents don’t become complacent. Stay vigilant and continue to educate and regularly retrain staff on the basics of being cautious at work.