Graduation is an emotional life event not only for grads, but parents and family of the graduate too. The event marks a time to reflect on the accomplishments made in school while looking ahead to the future. This is a time of transition that can bring mixed emotions for parents who are both proud and a little sad realizing their child is officially all grown up.
Do you want to share an inspiring message or perhaps humble brag about your grad, but struggle finding the right words to say? Not to worry as we’ve organized the best slogans and quotes that honor a graduation from high school or college. You can express these verbally, in a hand-written card, or on Facebook or Instagram.
- Graduation Captions for You
- Virtual Graduation Captions
- Funny Graduation Captions
- Graduation Captions for Parents
- Inspiring Graduation Quotes
- Graduation Quotes Inspired by Music
Graduation Captions for You
Graduating is one of the best days of your life, and you need to be ready to post your pics with the right captions so everyone knows you made it. Here are some of the best captions you can apply to graduation photos.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
- Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people.
- Every end is a new beginning.
- I believed I could, so I did.
- If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
- If you can dream it, you can make it so.
- Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings.
- Many dream, some try, but I achieved.
- May we continue to do amazing things in life.
- May your cap fly as high as your dreams.
- Never stop dreaming and never lose your spirit.
- Not letting anyone or anything stand in my way.
- Now, it’s hotter in here by one degree.
- Once you become fearless, life becomes limitless.
- Reach for the stars. You might become one.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- This is the beginning of everything you want.
- Though our branches grow in different directions, our roots remain as one.
- What feels like the end is often the beginning.
- Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.
- Your future is an unwritten symphony just awaiting your creative, daring and unique talent to make it a masterpiece.
- Now, everything awaits me.
- One step closer.
- Keep shining. The world needs your light.
- Gotta chase my own success.
- Make today your day.
- Some have a story. We made history.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Shout out to everyone who helped make this happen.
- The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
Virtual Graduation Captions
Virtual graduations have become the new normal over the past year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get those all-important grad pics to post on your pages. So for those that are graduating online, these memorable captions go along with the Zoom-grad photos of your friends and family.
- To all of you who said I wouldn’t be walking down the aisle to get my diploma: You were right, lol!
- Definitely not the graduation I imagined, but thankful to have my wonderful family by my side through it all.
- I’m so proud of us, the class of 2020! Against all odds, we were able to make it here.
- Quarantine couldn’t stop us from graduating… looking forward to seeing what the future holds!
- I couldn’t have done it without my wonderful teachers! But most importantly: my sanity.
- Even though we didn’t get a typical sendoff into the real world, I wouldn’t change a thing. Congrats class of 2020!
- Never thought I’d finish my final class from the comfort of my own home. Here’s to the class of 2020!
- Graduation teaches us that milestones are not just achievements, but a new beginning.
- Guess I was able to make a few of those 11:59 deadlines.
- I personally would like to thank *me* for getting to this point.
- The two most important mothers in my life: my real ma and my (diplo)ma.
- Hiring managers: note that I’m extremely qualified to work from home.
- Cap and gown, but make it a robe and sweats.
- We love a “socially distanced” commencement.
- Looking at my final grades, I don’t need a ceremony outside to get some vitamin Ds.
- The best thing about virtual graduation: BYOB.
- Sadly missed the opportunity for my graduation stage fall to go viral.
- Doing the graduation walk: from the bedroom to the kitchen.
- Shout-out to passion and Purell for getting me through the final stretch.
- Formal apology to the Class of 2020 for mocking their Zoom graduation.
- What’s the best version of “Pomp and Circumstance” on Spotify?
- I’m just shocked I was able to stay awake during those virtual lectures TBH.
- Caffeine and my TikTok FYP got me here.
Funny Graduation Captions
Here are some of the funniest graduation captions you can use for your IG photo posts this year.
- Already forgot everything.
- Am I an adult now?
- Can I take a nap now?
- I graduated, but I still have no idea what I’m doing.
- I graduated, so now I’m like all smart and stuff.
- I guess it’s too late to drop out now, huh?
- I guess it’s too late to drop out.
- I owe my diploma to coffee.
- I want to thank Google, Wikipedia, and whoever invented copy and paste.
- I’m 100% certain that I am zero percent sure of what I’m going to do.
- Is this that ‘success elevator’ I keep hearing about?
- Let me put that ‘hire me’ sign on my front lawn now.
- Some graduate with honors, I am just honored to graduate.
- Thank you Mom, Dad, and coffee.
- The tassel was worth the hassle.
- This fancy paper proves I’m smart, right?
Related Reading: 150+ Life-Changing Anti-Drug Slogans and Taglines That Aren’t Lame
- This wasn’t like High School Musical at all.
- Very proud, very tired.
- Tomorrow will be a new chapter in my life. This book is getting very interesting.
- Be so good, they can’t ignore you.
- I can’t believe I did it.
- The world is my oyster.
- Nobody said it was easy.
- I think I’m quite ready for another adventure.
- I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me.
- Pick me. Choose me. Hire me.
- And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do.
- I don’t want to do things. I want to not do things.
- Teenage angst has paid off well. Now I’m bored and old.
- Now that you’ve graduated, just remember: Bosses don’t usually accept notes from your mother
Graduation Captions for Parents
Your parents coped with your teenage years with understanding and love. Here are some captions you to use to thank them and show how grateful you really are, now that you’re an adult.
- The best feeling in the world is knowing your parents are smiling because of you.
- One day I’ll be successful and people will ask me which college I went to. I’ll say, ‘it doesn’t matter because it is my parents who made me what I am today’.
- Graduation, aka the day your parents start collecting interest.
- I’m so glad you could spend all that money on THIS piece of paper.
- Thank you for your love and support throughout my years of schooling.
- You have always been there for me, ready to lend a hand whenever I needed.
- It is because of your guidance that I am graduating college today.
- I am eternally grateful and blessed by your beautiful, kind-hearted spirits.
- I want to say “Thank You” for all of your love, encouragement and support.
- All that we are & all that we hope to be, we owe to our loving parents!
- As I move through this chapter of my life I am eternally Grateful & Blessed to have been gifted a mother such as you.
- You both have fostered confidence and passion in me to work hard and pursue my dreams with no boundaries. I am so lucky to have you both.
- Cheers to four years of nine-hour road trips, weekly phone calls, and your constant support. Without you two I wouldn’t have been able to do it.
- If college has taught me anything, it has taught me how extraordinary my upbringing has been. I owe
- all good in my life to you.
- Thank you so much, for being my parents.
- Thank you so much for supporting and understanding me all this journey.
- Any success I’ll have will be the direct result of the work ethic and values you both instilled in me at a young age.
- I am extremely grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to study at college. It was the best legacy that you could have passed down to me. Thank you for giving me so much to be grateful for.
I feel so grateful and blessed to have parents like you in my life. In addition, thank you so much for your support—both emotional and financial—over the years. I love you, Mom and Dad.
- I am who I am today because of your effort, guidance, and support. I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you for your endurance and for never giving up on me—even when I made it hard for you.
- I am highly blessed to have such amazing parents and grateful for all the skills you have instilled in me. You are one in a million!
- Your contribution to my success does not go unnoticed. If not for your care and support, I wouldn’t be standing among the graduates today.
- Thank you for the values you have instilled in me—especially perseverance and honesty. I would not be who I am today without your commitment and support.
- This degree is partly yours as well: It would never have been possible without your support and guidance. Thank you for everything!
Inspiring Graduation Quotes
Here are some inspiring quotes from celebrities and famous names on the subject of graduation.
- I never dreamed about success. I worked for it. – Estee Lauder
- Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again. —Pirates of the Caribbean
- Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon. — Paul Brandt
- No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world. — Dead Poet’s Society
- We know what we are but know not what we may be. —William Shakespeare
- There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. —C.S. Lewis
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it. —William Arthur Ward
- You can never be overdressed or overeducated. —Oscar Wilde
- The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse. —Edward Koch
- Inspiring people is a definition of success. — Kanye West
- You have to get lost before you find yourself. — Paper Towns
- To infinity and beyond! — Toy Story
- An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. — Benjamin Franklin
- Sometimes, you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. — Dr. Seuss
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go… — Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
- I can and I did. — Gina Rodriguez
- Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good. — Boy Meets World
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. — Eleanor Roosevelt
- Well, I am not usually one for speeches, so goodbye. — Parks and Recreation
- We have to dance it out. That’s how we finish. — Grey’s Anatomy
- It is with passion, courage of conviction, and strong sense of self that we take our next steps into the world. —Legally Blonde
- She turned her can’ts into cans, and her dreams into plans. —Kobi Yamada
- Dream big and dare to fail. —Norman Vaughan
- What she tackles, she conquers. —Gilmore Girls
- Go forth and set the world on fire. – St. Ignatius of Loyola
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. – Henry David Thoreau
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. – John F. Kennedy
- My education was interrupted only by my schooling. – Winston Churchill
- It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. – Albert Einstein
- What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. – Jane Goodall
Graduation Quotes Inspired by Music
And if the quotes from the celebs are not enough, here are some other kinds of quotes to inspire you in your life ahead. These are taken from famous songs and singers that span multiple generations.
- As we go on, we remember all the times we had together. —Vitamin C
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way. —George Fairman
- The best is yet to come. —Frank Sinatra
- And this is the part where you find out who you are. — The Maine, ‘Whoever She Is’
- But I know, we’ve made it this far, kid. — Twenty One Pilots, ‘Migraine’
- Don’t you know I’m still standing better than I ever did? — Elton John, ‘I’m Still Standing’
- Hey look ma, I made it. Everything’s comin’ up aces. If it’s a dream, don’t wake me. — Panic! at the Disco, ‘Hey Look Ma, I Made It’
- I believe in myself; My back hurts in order to let my wings sprout. — BTS, ‘Wings’
- I will leave my mark so everyone will know I was here. — Beyoncé, ‘I Was Here’
- I wish that I could have this moment for life. — Nicki Minaj
- I’m in love with my future. — Billie Eilish, ‘My Future’
- It’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right, I hope you had the time of your life. — Green Day, ‘Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)’
Long live all the magic we made and bring on all the pretenders. One day, we will be remembered. — Taylor Swift, ‘Long Live’
- Man this wasn’t luck, it was destined. — Big Sean, ‘Blessings’
- Now they always say congratulations. Worked so hard, forgot how to vacation. — Post Malone, ‘Congratulations’
- Oh, look what you made me do. — Taylor Swift, ‘Look What You Made Me Do’
- Started from the bottom now we’re here. — Drake, ‘Started From The Bottom’
- There’s just no telling how far I’ll go. — Moana, ‘How Far I’ll Go’
- Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. — Natasha Bedingfield, ‘Unwritten’
- Out of college, money spent. See no future, pay no rent. All the money’s gone, nowhere to go. – The Beatles
Getting your degree is an important rite of passage for any high school or college student, but being able to say a thoughtful few words is even more important as a parent. Inspire your graduate to continue chasing dreams and working hard toward their goals.