Volunteering is a selfless act that helps communities, people or animals in need. In the US, 63 million Americans volunteer their time and energy each year. According to Volunteer Hub, people that volunteer regularly have a 27% better chance of gaining employment. Not surprisingly, those who donate their time and expertise are some of the most motivated people.
Whether you work with volunteers for a weekend fundraising events or campaigns to support those in need, there are all sorts of meaningful ways to say thank you to volunteers. Through gifts, dinner treats, or a simple handwritten notes, showing gratitude to volunteers is essential for making these selfless individuals feel valued.
Here’s a list of more than 155 ways you can say thank you to volunteers. These examples are categorized by medium – whether it’s through email, note, or thank you card.
- Thank You Messages for Volunteers
- Thank You for Volunteering Email Examples
- Quotes About Volunteering
- Volunteer Thank You Card Examples
- Funny Volunteer Appreciation Quotes
- Thank You Poems for Volunteers
- How Can You Express Gratitude for Volunteers?
Thank You Messages for Volunteers
- Our heartfelt thanks to you who have made all of this come true.
- Thank you for your time and effort. The home you helped build last weekend will protect a family in our community and keep kids off the street.
- Your help is highly appreciated. We couldn’t reach this far were it not for your help. Thank you for your donations of funds and time the past 2 months.
- May we extend our gratitude for your perseverance and passion to this project. You made this initiative a success.
- Sending our sincerest thanks to all workers who sacrificed for the accomplishment of our goal.
- Thank you to all who worked night and day to help the families devastated by flooding. You were tireless in helping cloth and feed these people in their time of need.
- We would like to sincerely thank all of those who gave a helping hand to be able to build houses for the homeless.
- Shelter is so important to man. Thus, I would like to thank you for every minute you spent on this project so that those without homes can be ensured of a brighter tomorrow.
- Wishing that God helps you in all of your endeavors. You’ve been a great help to us on the front lines of service to the hungry. You helped cook, prepare, and serve this low-income community and bring hope.
- You came when we asked. You did not need anything in return. May God shower your kindness with love.
For your time and effort, we would like to say “Thank you from the deepest recesses of our hearts”.
- May God continuously bless you for being so helpful.
- Thank you for all of the sacrifices you have made so that this project would be a success. Wishing you luck in the future.
- With your help, we were able to reach this far in this enormous project. Hoping that God would forever guide you to the right path. Thank you.
- You felt our pain. You reached out even if we did not call. Thank you so much for being there.
- I would like to thank all of you for volunteering in this endeavor even if you will not get a single cent. You truly have big hearts.
Related Reading: 200+ Creative Retirement Messages and Quotes for Coworkers
- May the Lord shower you with protection for coming to our rescue during the recent floods. Thanks a lot!
- Your help is highly appreciated. You have a golden heart, a heart that is willing to give love to the poor and the hungry.
- No words are enough to express our gratitude for the help you have extended to these children. May God’s mercy be with you always.
Thank you for taking the time to look after my kids when I needed to rush my mother to the hospital. I would not forget your kindness.
- How could I show my appreciation for your generosity? You helped us in those trying times. Thank you very much.
- Saying thank you is not enough to show appreciation for your goodness. May we reciprocate all that you have done.
- Your acts of kindness are heroic. Thank you for being there when we needed you most.
- Thank you for the service you have done. We very much appreciate your generosity.
- Your little actions meant so much. Thank you very much for volunteering your time. You will never be forgotten.
- You’re a saint walking on this earth. I can only thank the Lord for guiding you to us. May your volunteerism bring you more to greatness.
- You made time for us over the past decade. Thank you for that. Your work will never be forgotten.
Thank You for Volunteering Email Examples
- This is to let you know that we really appreciate the efforts your team has made in order to make this project a complete success. Hoping that the same generosity is extended in our next endeavor.
- We would like to thank each and everyone in this company for sharing your time to help build homes for our fellowmen. Volunteering in this project showed that your hearts are filled with love and hope.
- On behalf of the people behind the project “Feed Their Souls”, I would sincerely like to extend our gratitude to all of you who made time and sacrificed to feed those hungry children.
Volunteering is not natural to all. Thus, I highly admire you, guys, for being there when we needed you most. Thank you so much.
- Thank you for the service rendered to make this community livable again. Without you, many would still be homeless.
- Forever will your kindness be etched in our hearts. You did not even receive any compensation for all the work you did. Thanks a lot and may God continuously bless you.
- For all the effort you willingly shared, we would like to thank you. Hoping that your kindness be reciprocated.
- Never have I known people who are as generous as your group. You were very willing to extend a helping hand to these miserable kids. Wishing that the Lord embrace you always with love and peace. Thank you.
- From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank all of you. May God shower you with His blessings all year round.
- To all of you who were so kind to volunteer and share your precious time, thank you.
- This is to let all of you know that without your help, our goal will not be met. Thank you so much.
- I want to extend my gratitude to the people who selflessly volunteered to save us from the floods. God bless you always.
- This is to let you know that your efforts in our “Feed The Hungry” project are highly appreciated. Thank you for volunteering.
- We would like to say “Thank you” to all of you who woke up so early today and joined us on the trip to the home of the aged. Volunteering will make you God’s angels.
- To all of you, Messengers of Hope, thank you. We highly appreciate the time and effort you have extended.
- I can’t find the right words to express my gratitude for your help. Thank you for volunteering.
For your unwavering help, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. May God shower you with continuous blessings.
- For the heroes who bravely volunteered to help those in distress, we thank you.
- For your compassion and generosity, and for all the time you spent helping us, we thank you.
- May the grace of the Lord be with you forever. We are witnesses to your goodness.
- We fervently hope that the world has more people like you to make this a better place to live in. You are our heroes, you mighty volunteers.
- I would like to thank you for your commitment. You are like brave soldiers in a hopeless battle, willing to sacrifice even their own lives.
- From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you for joining hands to help us. You have so selflessly volunteered your time and efforts for our sake.
Related Reading: 153+ Example Messages and Quotes to Wish a Wonderful Weekend
- During this pandemic, many have been depressed. With your caring and thoughtful actions, you have helped those in need. Thank you for volunteering for this special project.
- I have never known someone as kind and loving as you. Your heart is filled with goodness. Thank you so much and may the Lord be with you always.
- You’re a kind soul. Your actions speak louder than your words. You are an angel from above. I can only thank God for sending you to us.
This is to thank you for the volunteering work you’ve done for our charity. I did not imagine that you could be of so much help. Hope to see you again in our next work.
- Never have I thought that there are so many people with good hearts, people who are very willing to share their talent and skills, for free, for others. Thank you so much! I will never forget your kind actions.
- I really admire the awesome job you have done in this charity. Your kindness is immeasurable. May God protect you always.
- Thank you so much for your dedication to this project for the needy. Your goodness will surely be rewarded a thousandfold.
- You will never be forgotten for the good deeds you have done in this charity. Thank you for being always available and for the sacrifices you have made to make this project a success.
- Thank you for all the energy you have eagerly spent on this big and demanding charity. Those sleepless nights when we all had to continue working will never be forgotten. We admire you greatly!
Quotes About Volunteering
- “Volunteering is at the very core of being a human. No one has made it through life without someone else’s help.” – Heather French Henry
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Gandhi
- “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands – one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” –Margaret Mead
- “Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action. These actions shape and mold the present into a future of which we all could be proud.” – Helen Dyer
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb to serve. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther Kind, Jr.
- “Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart.” – Elizabeth Andrew
- “I urge young people to consider public service, whether they do it now by volunteering in their community or prepare for public service as an adult.” – John Walters
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Muhammad Ali
- “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.” – Herman Merville
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
“Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.” – Sherry Anderson
- “Seek to do good, and you will find that happiness will run after you.” – James Freeman Clarke
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
- “What is the essence of life? To serve others and to do good.” – Aristotle
- “Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life.” – Todd Stocker
- “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy.” – Gretta Brooker Palmer
- “Every person can make a difference, and every person should try.” – John F. Kennedy
- “While earning your daily bread, be sure you share a slice with the less fortunate.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
“Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “He who wants to be served must first know how to serve.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “He who serves the most reaps the most.” – Robin S. Sharma
- “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” – Nelson Henderson
- “Volunteers wear working boots but leave a trail of angel footprints.” – Terri Guillemets
Volunteer Thank You Card Examples
- For volunteering your precious time, thank you!