Believe it or not, bosses have birthdays too. And there’s no reason not to wish your boss happy birthday. After all, bosses are people too! Of course, you’ve got to handle this messaging in a professional way.
So if you are thinking about writing a birthday message for your manager by card or email, but struggle to find the words to say I’m here to help. You can use these professional birthday wishes and quotes appropriate for all sorts of work environments.
- Professional Happy Birthday Wishes
- Funny Birthday Wishes for Your Boss
- Heartfelt Happy Birthday Wishes for Your Boss
- Happy Birthday Messages for Female Boss
- Birthday Quotes for Your Boss
- Tips for Wishing Happy Birthday to Your Boss
Professional Happy Birthday Wishes
- Amazing people like you are a great source of inspiration to people like us. We are indeed grateful for the opportunity we have to work with you. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to an awesome employee who always does his work efficiently and happily. This company is fortunate to have such a positive and reliable person like you with us.
- Happy birthday! You are truly a priceless treasure to us. We hope that your birthday will bring you closer to fulfilling all the ambitions and goals that you have set for yourself in life.
- Hard working and committed employees with the kind of talents you have are very difficult to come by these days, which is why I am hundred percent confident that your presence in this establishment will bring us success upon success. Happy birthday!
I bless the day you joined this company because since you came, you have influenced my life positively with your good work ethics and friendship. I thank God for your life. Happy birthday!
- I hope you have an enjoyable birthday that you are so deserving of! All the very best to you, madam!
- I wish you all the joy and happiness on your special day and I hope you enjoy it surrounded by your nearest and dearest.
- In all my life I have never seen a person as dedicated and hardworking as you. You are really a wonderful colleague. I wish you a fantastic birthday celebration today.
- It is an honor and a pleasure to work under your guidance. You inspire each and every one of us to do better, always striving for the greatest possible results.
- It truly is a pleasure and an honor to be wishing someone of your senior status an incredibly happy birthday today.
- It truly is a pleasure to be wishing you a happy birthday on what is such a special day today.
- Madam, I wish you a very happy birthday today! Working with you has been a true honour, and I am forever grateful and indebted to you for all of the life lessons and wisdom you have imparted to me!
- Many happy returns to you, senior sir. I wanted to tell you, on your special day, how very respected and admired you are.
- May only the greatest things come your way, lining the path for what will hopefully be a wonderful year ahead.
May this year be a great year for you, and may you accomplish all the wonderful goals that you have set for yourself. Happy birthday.
- May you enjoy a big slice of cake on your special day this year. Happy birthday.
- May you find but wonderful moments in life. I wish you a wonderful birthday!
- May you find happiness wherever the journey of life takes you to. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend, colleague, and mentor to me. Happy birthday.
- My prayer for you on your birthday is that the years ahead of you be filled with love, peace, prosperity, good health and above all happiness in its truest form. Happy birthday.
- On this day, I pray that peace and happiness will accompany all the glorious years of your life on earth.
- On this memorable day of your life, I wish you achieve all the wonderful things you have longed for in life. Have a great one.
- On this special day of yours, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for ever willing to go the extra mile to achieve the goals of this business. May your birthday be one of the memorable moments of your life.
Related Reading: 155+ Perfect Valentine’s Day Messages for Everyone in the Family
- On your special day, I want to let you know that I consider it a privilege to work with you. Your hard work and commitment to work is really inspiring. I hope you have a memorable birthday celebration.
- Thank you for being such a wonderful colleague, and most importantly friend to me all these years. May God bless you copiously and allow prosperity and happiness be your companions until the end of time. Happy birthday.
- To me, you are my role model and my mentor. As you celebrate your birthday today, it is my prayer that you succeed in every venture you take in both your professional and private life.
- Today is the birthday of a very wise lady, somebody everyone looks up to and holds nothing but respect for; you, madam!
- Warmest birthday wishes for a magnificent colleague. Working with you has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Thank you very much for all your love, care, and support.
- Wishing you a very happy birthday today, madam! You deserve all the happiness in the world, as you do so much for everyone else!
Working with such an inspirational figure like you has always been a great pleasure. I hope that your special day is one of the happiest and most memorable days of your life. Happy birthday.
- You are a man who I have the utmost respect for, so I would just like to wish you a wonderful year ahead full of prosperity and good health. May it be a truly great one for you.
- You are amazing at what you do, and I hope that you can be rewarded today with a stress-free and relaxing birthday!
- You are an amazing employee, and I pray that the years ahead of you bring you lots of success and happiness. May you never stop growing from grace to grace. Happy birthday.
- You are an amazing person who supports and encourages me every day. I will always hold on to the profound life lessons you have taught me.
- You are one of the priceless jewels of this company/establishment. Thank you for making this workplace a productive and happy one. Happy birthday.
- You constantly exceed my expectations, which is why you are one of the employees I’m most proud of. Happy birthday.
- You have been a very supportive and reliable colleague. On this special day of yours, it is my wish that your life will be filled with successful and exciting periods. Happy birthday.
You have been such an outstanding employee. Thank you for being one of the reasons this company’s goals and aspirations keep materializing. Happy birthday.
- You have such a kind, giving, generous soul and I hope that we can give back to you on your special day this year!
- Your birthday gives me the opportunity to express my deepest gratitude to you for your selflessness and strong work ethic. I believe that the success of this business is in part due to your hard work. I truly appreciate and value you.
- Your dedication towards work never ceases to amaze me. If you keep it up, I strongly believe that you are going to achieve great success in your career. Have a joyous birthday.
- Your drive, ambition, and focus are truly inspiring. I hope that this year continues to bring you success in all of your endeavors, and proves very prosperous for you.
- Your work ethic and determination in life is inspirational. May you forever keep inspiring us to bring out the best in us. Happy birthday.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Your Boss
- A boss is someone who never gets tired, of giving you orders. Happy birthday to one such guy.
- A great boss like you makes it bearable at work. Thank you so much for all the good times we shared. We wish you a very wonderful birthday.
- All work and no play may be your only motto, but today is your birthday so you will have to let go. Cancel all your meetings and knock off from work early, so we can all go out and have a massive party. Happy birthday boss.
- Because it is your Birthday today, we won’t behave as annoying subordinates. Wishing you a stress-free Happy Birthday, dear boss!
- Every year, your birthday comes on the same day at the same time. It seems to be extremely punctual just like you. Happy birthday.
- For your birthday today, how about ordering in lunch? Can I borrow your company card?
- For your birthday today, I promise not to be rude and sarcastic (to be fair, who am I really kidding?)
- Happy birthday boss! I’d get you a present, but isn’t my daily hard work really enough of a gift?
- Happy birthday boss! If your life was like a meeting… hell, we know your meetings never end!
- Happy birthday boss! They say the best present is giving gifts to others. You know where my desk is – I’ll be waiting!
- Happy birthday boss! Your present is that I won’t complain about working this Saturday… to your face!
- Happy birthday to the best boss ever… and I’m not saying that because I have to!
- Happy birthday to the best leader I have witnessed in my life. Now, will you please sign my day off for tomorrow? Have a great day, today.
- Happy birthday! I’ve always dreamed of having a boss like you (did I mention I used to get night terrors?)
- Happy birthday! Managers are the glue… that make you cuss after it leaks all over your desk!
- Happy birthday! One year closer to retiring from this hellhole!
Related Reading: 101+ Creative Ideas For 1 Year Work Anniversary Messages and Quotes
- Happy birthday! They say all things get better with age, but they haven’t seen the 3-month old Tupperware container in the breakroom fridge!
- Happy birthday! To celebrate, how about everybody takes a 2-hour lunch break today?
- Happy birthday! We would have gotten you a cake, but none of us make enough to afford a cake big enough to fit all those candles!
- Happy birthday! When I cry in my car on the way to work, it’s really because I’m so happy to work here!
- Happy birthday! With the lunch break we have planned, I wouldn’t schedule anything important this afternoon!
- Happy Birthday, Boss. Sending you warm wishes. Please take the day off and enjoy your day. We’ll be doing our duties properly, promise.
- Hey, did you hear that the office is giving 5 days PTO as birthday presents this year? Me neither. Happy birthday!
- Hey, did you hear the CEO was getting managers company cars for their birthdays? Me neither.
- I don’t care what everybody says, I think you’re a great manager! Happy birthday!
- I’d wish you a happy birthday, but my nose is so far up your butt I can’t move my mouth.
- If you are thinking that we are a bunch of incompetent employees, just keep in mind that we have never failed to bring the best cake for you. Happy birthday dear boss!
- In a sea of Toby Flendersons, thanks for being a Michael Scott! Happy birthday!
- It’s really difficult to find a boss without a fat belly and a shouting problem. We are really lucky to have you as our boss. Happy birthday!
- Karen from accounting said she wasn’t going to wish you a happy birthday. Screw Karen – Happy birthday!
- My hero is a manager. Oh, it’s your birthday today, isn’t it?
- So, here goes one email you can “Reply All” to: Happy birthday. Have a wonderful day ahead, Boss. Hope you will have lots of fun.
- The greatest employee ever is wishing the greatest boss ever the greatest birthday of all. May God bless you with all the joy and happiness and everything in life except shouting! Happy Birthday!
- Wanna go out for lunch today for your birthday? I forgot my wallet at home, do you mind buying?
- We know that you could spend your birthday with anyone… but aren’t you lucky you get to spend it with us at the office!
- We may have failed to get that contract you wanted, but we did manage to get you that cake you love! The world has a way of balancing things out. Happy Birthday.
- While our work may not be fun, you keep us all on our toes! Happy birthday!
- With the party we have planned for you tonight, do you think we could all call in sick tomorrow?
- Working at this office isn’t easy, but you help make things better! Happy birthday!
- You are undoubtedly the best at managing a company but it’s high time you give a little attention to managing your weight. We want to see you fit and fine for another 100 years! Happy birthday!
- You’re the best boss to ever boss people that need to be bossed around. Happy birthday!
- Your best, hardest working employee… isn’t me. But I’d still like to wish you happy birthday!
- Your birthday is so special to us not just because you are an amazing boss but also because this is the day when we can party and drink as much as we want without getting fired! Happy birthday!
Heartfelt Happy Birthday Wishes for Your Boss
- A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could. Happy Birthday!
- Anyone can be a boss. But not everyone can be a leader. It’s a blessing for us that you are both a boss and a leader. May this birthday bring great happiness to you and your family!
- Dear Boss, Many happy returns of the day. May you be blessed with all the happiness that you deserve. Have a blissful day.
- For once in my career, I feel like I am on the path to somewhere great. And, it is all because of you and your care for each of us. Happy birthday to the best leader around!
- Happiest Birthday to you, boss. Hope your day be filled with wonderful moments, good laughs and memories to look back.
- Happy birthday boss. I pray to the Almighty that your day gets blessed with lots of joy and happiness, boss. May Lord bless you and your family, always.
- Happy Birthday Boss. Thank you for all the advice and valuable times you spent with us. May God bless you forever and always.
- Happy birthday dear boss. Thank you for inspiring us to be our best.
- Happy Birthday Sir! Thanking you for being a great boss.
- Happy Birthday to the most awesome person in the office. Thank you for always inspiring us. May God bless you today and tomorrow.
- I’m so proud to tell you that it’s been always a great pleasure working with you. You are such a great leader and you really deserve a warm greeting on your birthday today. Happy birthday boss!
It feels magical to be under your guidance. I have rarely come in contact with a man of such knowledge and experience in my life. I wish you all the joy and happiness on your birthday!
- It’s always been a sheer pleasure of mine to work with such a brilliant person like you. Your name is synonymous with success and your personality doesn’t need any introduction. Happy birthday to the greatest boss of all time!
- May God bless you with the golden rays of the sun on your life fulfilling it with your every desired wish! Happy Birthday, Sir!
- May you have all the happiness that you desire. Hope the company shines brighter in the upcoming year along with you.
- Not many people have the ability to motivate people through their words and works. You are among those few. Wishing you all the best on such a happy occasion. Happy birthday!
Related Reading: 155+ Congratulations on a New Job Quotes and Messages You Can Use
- On the most special day of the year for you, I wish your career graph keeps rising exponentially and you never have to face setbacks in life. Many happy returns of the day to the most jovial boss in the world!
- On this quintessential day, one of the best minds of the business world was born. Happy birthday to the most magnificent and caring boss in the world!
- On this special day, receive a warm greeting and a big hug for all those days fighting together and reap success. It is a tough act to follow and I am sure we will have the good fortune to continue sharing many more birthdays.
- Please don’t treat this as just another birthday note from an employee. My birthday wishes and flowers for you are as true and genuine as the contribution that you have made in my career and life. Happy birthday.
- Promotions and success, peace of mind and happiness. Titles and awards, achievements and records. All this is what, I hope you get a lot. Happy birthday boss.
- Thank you for being the most inspiring mentor anyone could ask for. Many happy returns of the day, Ma’am. May Lord bless you.
Thank you for treating us with respect and giving us such a friendly work environment. Happy birthday, Boss. Thanks for everything.
- Thanks for being such an amazing mentor. Hope you get all your dreams fulfilled, boss. Happy Birthday!
- The last few years have been some of the best of my life, my work and my lovely boss have been a major part of that. Happy Birthday.
- To the true leader, confident, and visionary of our department, happy birthday! Your support each day means the world to us.
- Under your leadership, we have achieved many things! Thanks for making it all happen. Sending you warm wishes on your birthday, boss. Have a great year ahead.
- Unquestionably, you are the most influential and genius personality I have ever seen. Happy birthday, boss! May you enjoy and savor the long-lasting wealth and health!
- We really are fortunate to be able to work with a great boss like you. Happy birthday to the most cordial boss!
- We wish a very happy birthday to you and hope that you have a great, healthy and blessed life ahead!
- When I first got this job, you were the person I admired most. The reason I’m here is to chase the dream of being where you are one day, you inspire us all. Happy Birthday.
Wishing happy birthday to the most inspiring, utterly hard-working, and zingy boss in the world. May you become an unprecedented force in the business world.
- Wishing you more success than ever in the upcoming years, dear boss. Happy birthday to you. Many happy returns of the day.
- Wishing you the happiest birthday boss! You deserve the best.
- Wishing you the happiest birthday! May the Lord be with you and bless you forever. Have a great birthday, boss.
- Wishing you the happiest of birthdays ever. May lord offer you all the good things as you deserve, dear boss.
- You are a source of inspiration to us. As you add another year to your life, count the blessings and the many lives you have touched. Happy Birthday Boss!
- You are a teacher and a mentor. You have inspired thousands with your works and personality. You will always be the person to look up to when everything comes down to failure. Happy birthday!
- You are not just a regular boss. You are the person that inspires us every day to keep pushing on for success. Happy birthday to one the most perfect person I have seen!
- You have always been so inspiring to us and it is our pleasure and pride to be able to work with a boss like you. Happy Birthday, Ma’am.
- You showed us all how to lead from the front. You are the perfect boss and a good human being overall. I wish you a very happy birthday today!
- Your appreciations and advice mean a lot to us. We wish you well-being and happiness on your birthday. Happy birthday to our great boss!
Happy Birthday Messages for Female Boss
- Although you might yell and scream when things get tough, we all know the most important side of you comes out when we are all together at the bar enjoying a drink, that’s the real you, and the side we all love. Happy Birthday.
- Anyone can be a dominating and rough boss. But it is difficult to be able to guide the employees with care and love like they are in a family. You are very good at that. Many happy birthdays to the most exciting and amazing boss ever!
- Anyone can be a rough and dominating boss. But it is hard to be able to guide the employees with love and care like they are in a family. You are just too good at that. Happy birthday to the most amazing boss ever!
- Beauty and knowledge hardly mix comes hand in hand. But this is not true in your case at all. You are such a great knowledgeable boss who has many more great qualities to be admired for. Happy birthday dear, boss!
- Beauty and knowledge rarely mix comes with hand in hand. But this is not true in your case. You are a beautiful knowledgeable boss who has many more qualities to be praised for. Happy birthday boss!
- Dear boss, may this year bring much more happiness and success in your life and you achieve great heights. Happy birthday to the lovely boss!
- Dear boss, women empowerment has blessed us with 2 gifts. One is freedom of women and another is a far-sighted boss like you in our company! Have many more candles to blow. Happy Birthday!
- Dear boss, working with you has been an amazing joyride. I take lots of pride in having a boss like you.
- Happy birthday ma’am. Thank you for being there for me whenever I needed help. You inspire me and others every day. Hope you have a great day ahead.
- Happy birthday to a great role model who keeps on setting new bars. You inspire every woman out there to be bolder & braver. Many happy returns of the day.
- Happy birthday to a sensational boss lady who knows what she wants and just goes for it! You’re a true inspiration to women everywhere!
- Happy birthday to a strong and amazing lady who smashes anything in her path! It’s a blessing to have a boss who’s as inspirational as you!
- Happy birthday to a wonderful boss and an incredible lady in general!
Related Reading: 101+ Powerful Leadership Quotes by Women that Inspire Us All
- Happy birthday to a wonderful lady like no other! Your strong yet approachable leadership style is second to none, and just one of the things that makes you the fantastic boss that you are!
- Happy birthday to an outstanding boss and a lovely lady! Having you as a leader and a mentor is both a blessing and a privilege! I’m wishing you the best and I hope you have many more successful years ahead of you!
- Happy birthday to someone who has both beauty and brains – the very best combination! My best wishes to you today, boss lady!
- Happy birthday to the boss lady! Everyone is always on their very best behavior when you’re around, as you are a woman who commands respect!
- Happy birthday to the boss lady! You must have some kind of superpower to keep this place running as smoothly as you do!
- I never thought I would ever be able to say this, but it’s been a real pleasure keeping you well supplied with teas and coffees since I’ve joined here, thank you for being the best! Happy Birthday.
- It brings me great joy to be wishing you a very happy birthday, boss lady! I hope this special day of yours is as wonderful as you are a manager, and that it brings you all the success and happiness that you deserve!
- It’s a lifetime achievement to be able to work in your team. You have an inspiring personality and a great mind for business strategies. I wish you all the best on your birthday!
- Many happy returns to a lady boss who works hard and plays hard! Your dedication truly is admirable!
- Sending you warm wishes on your birthday, Ma’am. Sincerely grateful for all the kindness, support and encouragement you have shown us with throughout the years.
- Some bosses lead with force, others with micromanaging, while yet others (like you!) lead with inspiration. Your confidence in us is not only motivating but has also created strong company loyalty among us all. You are fabulous. Happy birthday!
- Success and happiness are what I wish you on your birthday. If you feel like doing something nice in return, you may increase my pay. Happy birthday boss.
- The last few years have been some of the best of my life, my work and my lovely boss have been a major part of that. Happy Birthday.
- There are few people in the world who can genuinely say that they have the best boss, but I’m lucky to be one of them! Happy birthday, lovely lady!
- This is one of the great pleasures to be a part of your team. Sending you the warmest greetings on your birthday. You are indeed the inspiration for all. Have a spectacular birthday, lovely, boss!
- To be a beautiful boss lady like you is no easy job as it requires the wonderful combination of natural leadership and elegance, whilst maintaining an air of being classy and professional.
- To be a beautiful boss lady like you is no easy job as it requires the wonderful combination of natural leadership and elegance, whilst maintaining an air of being classy and professional. Happy Birthday.
- To the only boss lady that I know, that matters to us all around here, my wish for you today is that you keep shining no matter what. Happy birthday to you today.
- Today, I have only the very best birthday wishes for a remarkable lady boss like no other! May you continue to do what you do best: amaze and inspire!
- We have learned a lot from you and hope to always keep learning from you because you are the best lady boss. Happy birthday and wishing you luck!
- When you walk through the door there is this energy in the office which leads us to work, you are the perfect lady boss. Happy birthday!
- Wishing you a happy birthday to my role model and boss. Your honesty and gentleness have always motivated us and I hope you keep on motivating us in the future as well. Have a great success and journey!
- Wishing you all the very best on your birthday! It is a lifetime achievement for us to be able to work in your team. You have a bright, inspiring personality, and a great mind for business strategies. Have a great life ahead!
- Women empowerment has blessed us with two gifts. One is the freedom of our women and another is a visionary boss like you in our company. Happy birthday!
- Working with you is such a pleasant experience. We are always learning. I am sure that no one has ever worked under such an influential leader. We all love you and respect you so much! Happy birthday!
- You are a shining example of all that is good in this company. Each day, I see you making decisions that benefit both the company and our clients. You are a great role model for us all. Happy birthday!
- You are so much more than just a brilliant boss or a marvelous manager; you are a guide, a mentor, and an inspirational lady. I’ll always be grateful to have experienced your wisdom and guidance.
- You have all the qualities that make a great and inspirational leader, and I feel very blessed to have you as a superior. I’m wishing you the happiest of birthdays today, mam!
- You have proved very well that when a person is qualified enough for a job, their gender does not interfere with their performance. It’s an honor to work under your guidance. Happy birthday!
Birthday Quotes for Your Boss
- A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age. – Robert Frost
- A milestone birthday usually means taking the time to consider your life, your goals, and what you have accomplished or not accomplished in your life up to this point. – Jenny Mays
- Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. – Mark Twain
- Age is a high price to pay for maturity. – Tom Stoppard
- As you get older, three things happen: The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. – Norman Wisdom
- Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. – John Lennon
- Don’t just count your years, make your years count. – George Meredith
- Don’t regret another birthday, the good news is that you are alive and can celebrate it. – Catherine Pulsifer
- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. – Chili Davis
I decided if you’re lucky enough to be alive, you should use each birthday to celebrate what your life is about. – Mary Steenburgen
- I don’t mind getting older; it’s a privilege denied to so many! – Chris Geiger
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young. — Fred Astaire
- Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time. – Jean Paul Sartre
Related Reading: 155+ Congratulations on a New Job Quotes and Messages You Can Use
- The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once. – Cossman
- The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been. – Madeleine L’Engle
- The older you get, the better you are. Unless you are a banana. – Betty White
- The way I see it, you should live every day like it’s your birthday. – Paris Hilton
- There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why. – William Barclay
To know how to grow old is the masterwork of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living. – Henri Frederic Amiel
- Today you are You; that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. – Dr. Seuss
- Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness. – Debasish Mridha
- We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. – George Bernard Shaw
- We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be. – Lauren Hutton
- We turn not older with years, but newer every day. – Emily Dickinson
- Whatever with the past has gone, The best is always yet to come. – Lucy Larcom
When you wake up every day, it’s like a new birthday: it’s a new chance to be great again and make great decisions. – Poo Bear
- Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. – Tom Wilson
- Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. – Douglas MacArthur
- You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” Woody Allen
- You don’t get older, you get better. – Shirley Bassey
- You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
- You were born and with you endless possibilities, very few ever to be realized. It’s okay. Life was never about what you could do, but what you would do. – Richelle E. Goodrich
Tips for Wishing Happy Birthday to Your Boss
One of the advantage to celebrating a bosses birthday: You’re getting paid for it. But you need to make sure that you find the right kind of birthday greeting for your individual boss, based on who they are and how they might react. Some will welcome the attention others not so much. You know your boss well enough to know what kind of boss they are, right?
Make sure that the greeting is appropriate. Formal greetings are always acceptable and can be a great way to let your boss know that they are valued and respected. Keep things short and sweet. They’ve probably got work to complete as well. A 2 – 4 sentence message recognizing the date is sufficient.
Try to gauge how your boss might handle a funny greeting. Not every boss will get the joke, let alone laugh along with it. Even managers can struggle with how to handle these social situations. Rude or inappropriate joke greetings are often not acceptable. Stay away from innuendos and keep things respectful.