Sooner or later, you’ll eventually resign for your current job. There are many reasons to say bye to an employer. Maybe you found greener pastures with a higher salary somewhere else. Maybe you found your passion? Maybe y0u can’t stand your boss? Maybe you’re getting out of the rat-race all together by starting a business.
Whatever the reason is, it’s customary to send a notice of resignation usually by email. This sets a motion of protocols that enables you to receive your severance package or last paycheck. It gives you a chance to air out your side without fear. Most importantly, it establishes good relations with your company even if you’re about to say goodbye. After all, you never know when you might need a reference in the future.
Here are some subject lines if you’re at a loss on how to start off a resignation email:
- Subject Lines for Resignation Emails
- Subject Line for Resignation Emails to Coworkers
- Funny Subject Lines for Resignation Emails
- Subject Lines for Resignation Emails to Your Boss
- Subject Line for Resignation Meeting
- Subject Line to Resignation Email to Clients
- Subject Line for Resignation Email to Customers
- What Information Should You Include in Your Resignation Email?
Subject Lines for Resignation Emails
Let’s start off with professional email subject lines to formally announce your resignation.
- Notice of Resignation from My (name of official position) Position
- I Want to Resign from My Post as a (name of official position)
- Intent to Resign – (your name)
- Resignation Imminent – (your name)
- (Your Name) Formal Notice to Resign
- Effectively Resigning On (date of your planned resignation)
- Tendering My Official Resignation on (date of your planned resignation)
- Resigning on (date of your resignation) Thank You For The Opportunity To Work With You
- I Regret to Inform You That I’ll Be Resigning Very Soon
- I’m Tendering My Resignation
- Will be Resigning Effective (date of your planned resignation)
- Leaving My Post as a (your official position) Effective (date of your planned resignation)
- I’ll be Resigning from (name of company) Effective (date of your planned resignation)
- I’ll be Leaving (name of company) On (date of your planned resignation)
- I’m Writing to Inform You That I’ll Be Resigning from My Post on (date of your planned resignation)
Subject Line for Resignation Emails to Coworkers
Great colleagues are your second family. At work, you share many great memories together. You worked hard to solve challenging problems as a team. So, when it’s time for you to go, it’s only proper that you give them a nice, formal notice.
- It’s Been a Privilege Working With You.
- I Couldn’t Have Asked For a Better Team. Thank You!
- Thank You for the Opportunity To Be Part of the Team.
- It’s Time For Me to Turn a New Leaf in My Life.
- How I Wish My Next Team Will Be as Awesome As You.
- I’m Honored to Have Belonged to a Spectacular Team.
Related Reading: 155+ “Work-Friendly” Email Signature Example Quotes to Try
- It’s Goodbye For Me, But You Will Forever Be in My Heart.
- It’s Sad But I’ll Be Resigning Soon.
- I Definitely Enjoyed My Time Here, But I’ll Be Saying Goodbye Soon.
- Team, This Isn’t a Forever Farewell.
- You Guys are Great But I Need to Follow My Own Path.
- Leaving You Guys Very Soon.
- Thank You, Team, But I Have to Go.
- Best Team Ever! It Would Be Hard to Say Goodbye.
- Everyone in the Team Has a Special Place in My Life.
Funny Subject Lines for Resignation Emails
Resignation is often a sad moment, but it can also be funny. Check out these humorous subject lines for resignation emails.
- It’s Over for Us.
- It’s Time to Quit.
- It’s Time For Me To Go.
- I’ll Be Leaving, But I’ll Bring You a Cake.
- My Small Business Is Growing, So I Must Leave.
- After This Drama, Let’s Have a Beer and Pizza.
- Celebrating Goodbyes With a Pizza Party.
- I Don’t Know Why My Team is Very Happy Today.
- Don’t Cry! I’m Just Around the Corner.
- The Future is Calling and I Must Go.
- It’s All About Business And Nothing More.
- This Is Goodbye, But a Hello to My Budding Business.
- Welcome To (name of the business you just established yourself).
- Please Let Me Go. Please!
- Don’t Worry, There’s Still Facebook.
Subject Lines for Resignation Emails to Your Boss
A good boss is a valuable mentor, guide, and even friend. Let your boss know that he or she made a difference in your career with these resignation email subject lines. This is a terrific way to end your employment on a positive note.
- Thank You for the Awesome Time Working Under You.
- It Has Been a Great Honor Working Under You.
- Thank You for Being a Great Boss.
- With Your Tutelage, I’m Ready to Face The World.
- You Made Me a Better Person.
- I Hate to Say This But Goodbye, Boss.
- The Way You Developed Me Will Always Be Cherished.
Related Reading: 227+ Meaningful Thank You Message Examples to Loyal Customers
- A Painful but Grateful Goodbye to a Cherished Boss.
- This is Going to Be a Sad Day for Both of Us.
- Boss, It’s Not a Goodbye. It’s a See You Soon.
- It’s Been a Pleasure Knowing You, Boss.
- Thank You For Showing Me My Own Path.
- Even as I Say Goodbye, You’ll Always Be My Inspiration.
- I Consider You as One of My Best Bosses Ever.
- Me Resigning Doesn’t Mean Forgetting the Team.
Subject Line for Resignation Meeting
If you hold a middle or high-ranking position in a company, you’re most likely handling a team of talented individuals. When it’s your time to resign, you can let them know about the decision in a special meeting.
- Join the Last Meeting With Me on (date of meeting)
- Saying Goodbye The Right Way
- Let’s Have One Last Business Meeting on (date of meeting)
- Important Task Turnover Meeting On (date of meeting)
- I’ll Be Resigning on (date of your resignation). Let’s Have a Meeting on (date of meeting)
- Before I Leave, I Want To See You Once Last Time
- Get Ready For A Personal Meeting With You
- Let Me Officially Announce My Resignation on (date of your planned resignation)
- The Last Farewell. Resignation Meeting on (date of meeting)
- Allow Me to Talk To You One Last Time on (date of meeting)
- Our Last Conference Before I Go
- Let’s See Each Other One Last Time on (date of meeting)
- So Sorry, But I Have To Leave. Resignation Meeting on (date of meeting)
- Saying Goodbye to All of Yo