Work can be stressful especially with endless meetings, bossy supervisors, and rude customers. But what makes work better? Good coworkers that lift you up. They are your friends at work who you can talk to about anything under the sun and make work tolerable.
Some employees spend more time with their coworkers than they do with family. If your coworker is going through a difficult situation, a cup of coffee, a hug, listening, and uplifting words of advice could cheer them up. Here are 101+ creative messages and quotes intended to cheer up coworkers in any workplace.
- Cheer Up Messages for Coworkers
- Cheer Up Quotes
- Messages to Encourage Depressed Colleagues
- Cheer Up Messages for Friends
- Cheer Up Messages for Teams
- Cheer Up Messages for Him
- Cheer Up Messages for Her
- How can you cheer someone up in the workplace?
Cheer Up Messages for Coworkers
- Just think about the experiences that made you who you are today. If it weren’t for those sad, depressing moments, you wouldn’t fight through and stay strong and ready to face anything life throws at you. Cheer up! I love you!
- Life can be a roller coaster ride but having the courage to get a ride through the shitty things in life will make you stronger. I am always here for you if you need anything or anyone. I know you can do this.
- Life is short to stay sad. Look around and you’ll see there are millions of things to be happy about.
- Don’t spend your days getting sad over what could’ve happened. Be thankful that you’re given another day to live life how you want it. Cheer up!
- Things may be a bit difficult for you now but believe in yourself enough to get through this hurdle in life.
- The key to your happiness lies within you. Deciding to be happy is the first step to a better life.
- I know it can be tiring to cry every night over problems that don’t seem to go away but if you hold on to that little hope of a better life I know you will eventually achieve it.
- There are people who are sad when you’re sad. Keep your head high and believe in what the future holds. Tomorrow will be a better day.
- Always find joy in everyday things, in the everyday hustle of life and you will then realize there’s more to life than the bad things that happen to us.
- Keep believing you can make it. Problems aren’t going to be there forever but you also have to make an effort to change your perspective in life to get through the challenges.
Related Reading: 155+ Ways to Say Thank You to Volunteers for Time and Expertise
- Create your own rainbow by standing through the rain. We don’t know what the future holds but one thing I know for sure, whatever it is, you can get through it.
- Smile through the difficulties in life and you’ll realize they are just small obstacles you need to step over.
- You look better when you smile. Cheer up. As long as you have a roof over your head, food in your fridge, and family by your side, you are still more blessed than most people in this world.
- No matter how bad your life feels right now, remember, it could be worst. Appreciate what you have and who have in life and slowly see how beautiful life is.
- Worrying won’t change anything. Live life to the fullest so you don’t regret anything in this world. Cheer up and be happy!
- Don’t give up. Think about the times when you thought you couldn’t make it but you did. This is just another chapter in your life that you need to turn. You’ll get there someday.
Cheer Up Quotes
- “You are someone’s reason for happiness so please stop being sad and cheer up.” – Anonymous
- “Be positive. Stay happy and don’t let the negativity of the world get you down.” – Germany Kent
- “Don’t get stressed on things you can’t control. Stay positive and I wish you all the best.” – Anonymous
- “Don’t give up when dark times come. The more storms you face in life, the stronger you’ll be. Hold on. Greater things will come.” – Anonymous
- “Cheer up when the night comes because mornings always give you another chance.” – Anonymous
- “You are awesome! Don’t forget that!” – Anonymous
- “It doesn’t matter who hurt you or broke you down. What matters is who made you smile again.” – Anonymous
- “The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up.” – Mark Twain
- “Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and carry on.” – Anonymous
“So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.” – Anonymous
- “You are perfect exactly as you are. With all your flaws and problems, there’s no need to change anything. All you need to change is the thought that you have to change.” – Anonymous
- “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” – Francis of Assisi
- “Cheer up sweet girl! You are going to love again and it will be magnificent.” – Anonymous
- “Cheer up. You’re a worse sinner than you ever dared imagine, and you’re more than loved than you ever dared hope.” – Jack Miller
- “Cheer up. Things could be worse.” – Anonymous
- “Sometimes, when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.” – Anonymous
- “Don’t let one cloud obliterate the whole sky.” – Anais Nin
- “Life is too short for us to dwell on sadness. Cheer up and live life to the fullest.” – Anonymous
- “Wake up, smile and tell yourself: Today is my day.” – Anonymous
- “There are so many reasons to be happy.” – Anonymous
- “When things feel like an uphill struggle, just think of the view at the top.” – Anonymous
“Cheer up when the night comes because mornings always give you another chance.” – Anonymous
- “Some days you have to create your own sunshine.” – Anonymous
- “Get up, dress up and show up and never give up.” – Regina Brett
- “The world looks brighter only if you can face it with a smile.” – Anonymous
- “Give it time. Relax and don’t let anxiety hold you down with its claws. It can only get better! Cheer up!” – Anonymous
- “Be happy with who you are, where you are, for this is the way.” – Joe Sacco
- “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.” – Anonymous
- “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” – Anonymous
- “Life is too short for us to dwell on sadness. Cheer up and live life to the fullest.” – Dexter Monterde
- “Stars can’t shine without darkness.” – Anonymous
Messages to Encourage Depressed Colleague
- Difficulties in life are there to make us strong. It’s just a roadblock, not a dead end. Believe in your own strength to get through this.
- I believe in you. I know you can overcome what you’re experiencing right now. Please remember that nothing is permanent and whatever is making you feel sad and depressed right now can be gone later or tomorrow morning. Hang in there and let me know if you need someone to vent to.
- You’re not alone. Know that if you ever need anyone to listen to your stories, your struggles, I am always here. And know that you’re not the only person who is going through something. We are all fighting our own demons and struggles in life.
- You can think of it as a test to see if you’re brave enough to conquer what life throws at you and I personally believe that you can. You are bigger than this.
- When you feel like giving up, think about the good times you had with your friends and family. Remember that feeling and have the courage to fight through your demons and enjoy life being positive about everything around you.
Related Reading: 200+ Creative Retirement Messages and Quotes for Coworkers
- Remember the time when you felt like you couldn’t do it but you were able to manage? This is just the same. It may feel like nothing’s going your way but there is that little beam of life that’s waiting to get caught in your eye to tell you that there is hope.
- We are all going through something in life. Just like you, I have problems too. But I don’t let them control my emotions and how I see life. You are not alone. Everyone has problems and we are all just trying to get through each day. Please stay strong and know that I’m always here if you need someone to talk to.
- Hardships are there to make us stronger. These are the times when we have to believe in ourselves and encourage our heart and mind that we can get through this.
- Spend time with your family, call your friends. Enjoy life with the people who matter to you to remind yourself that there is something good in life.
Cheer Up Messages for Friends
- You know that I am always here for you. Whether you want to watch a movie, have a drink, order pizza, and finish it all in 5 minutes, I am here. Cheer up! Lots of people are happy you’re part of their life.
- You can be sad today but try to feel better. Do something that you know will make you smile. If you want to go shopping let me know. You don’t have to be sad alone.
- You’re more than the person that is filled with sadness now. Although you can’t see the light and hope in life, please know that there is always a rainbow after the rain. You will make it through and I believe in you.
- Do you want to go shopping? Play in the arcade? Let me know what you want to do today. I’ll do anything with you just to make you happy!
- You don’t look good when you’re sad. Cheer up! Tomorrow is a new day and there are endless possibilities waiting for you.
- You might think that it’s the end of the world for you but trust me, it’s not. We all go through life with thunderstorms, heartaches, and lots of bad luck but what do we do? We keep fighting. We don’t let those things define what our life will be. Be in control. Stand up and keep going.
- Even though you don’t see anything nice about life right now, please believe me that one day you will get through this. So please don’t do anything you might regret in the future and just have faith in life.
- We are all just trying to survive. You have problems, I have problems. We all do. But what makes people happy? Deciding they don’t want problems to control their life.
- Life isn’t as easy a walk in the park but I’m always willing to walk it with you. Keep smiling! It looks better on you.
Cheer Up Messages for Teams
- We are going to get through this! We’ve always had and we always will. As long as we have each other, we can make it.
- We’re all in this together and now that we will all stand up and fight through this. Cheer up! We did our best and I don’t have any regrets. I believe in what we can do as a team and I know we can get through this.
- You guys are the best teammates anyone could ever have. What happened with us isn’t anyone’s fault. It’s part of the experience to help us all grow and be better at what we do.
- Each of us tried our best and although we didn’t get the outcome we wanted, we can always try, right? Smile and cheer up! It’s not something to be sad about.
- Tomorrow holds so many possibilities that I know for sure something better is coming for all of us. I believe in what we can do, in all our strengths and efforts. We can do this!
- There’s always going to be an uphill battle and sometimes we have to lose but it’s part of life. We can’t always win and succeed. Now that we’re down, there’s nowhere else to go but up. I believe we can do this!
- We can keep being sad about it or we can start trying to be better. What you choose will lead you to where you should be.
- We are a team who tries their best to win. We don’t give up a fight.
- We can always try again. It’s not the end of the world. It’s okay that we didn’t win this but what’s not okay is for us to give up. Let’s keep working and put up our best foot forward!
- You are the best teammates I could ever have. Though we didn’t win this, we are one. Together we can try again and be better than we were last time.
- I believe in our strength and courage to try and fight again. We can do this!
Cheer Up Messages for Him
- I know you’re not a failure. This is just a small hurdle you have to get through. You can do it.
- She doesn’t deserve you. You did everything for her but what she did was wrong. It might not look like something better is coming but I promise you there is, someday.
- Being a man doesn’t mean you have to be perfect. There are days when you’ll fail and feel like you aren’t doing anything right but keep the faith and believe in yourself.
- You are so much better than the image of yourself you have now. You are not a failure and you will never be.
- You know there’s always a rainbow after the rain, right? That means something better will come after all this bad times. Keep your head up! You can do this.
- Failure is part of life. No one does something they’re good at from the beginning. Don’t be too hard on yourself and just keep doing what you want to do and eventually you’ll be the best at it.
- You’re the strongest person I know. Although the days seem longer, I am here to remind you that you don’t have to suffer alone. I am here and will always cheer you on.
- You’ve been through so much worse in life, this is just a small hick-up that you won’t even remember in the months to come. You’re a strong person and I believe in what you can do.
- Storms don’t last forever. One day, you’ll wake up and have the brightest sunlight beaming to your face.
- You don’t always have to forgive them. Take the time and heal yourself. Don’t rush into things just because people tell you so. You need to stay at your own pace and take things slowly. Don’t worry about others being ahead.
- Fight your demons. Don’t let them hinder your growth and become the great man you are supposed to be.
- You’ve been working so hard for years and you deserve all the best in the world. Keep your head up, young man. Don’t be too harsh on yourself.
- You look better with a smile on your face. Everyone has problems, we just have to deal with them in different ways but that doesn’t mean you’re the only one suffering. You can do it, I know you can.
- You’re no superman but you’ve been the greatest person I’ve ever known. Keep being yourself and showing the world that you don’t have to hide who you are to have anyone accept you. I am your friend and will always be. I am proud of you!
Cheer Up Messages for Her
- He’s not worth the sleepless nights nor the endless tears flowing from your eyes. But if this is what you need to get over him then cry for days and nights. Then decide that you’ll choose to love yourself again and enjoy life without him.
- Life isn’t as sweet as chocolates but it’s the bumpy roads, setbacks, and thunderstorms that make it adventurous, right? You have me, don’t worry! I’ll always be here for you. Smile!
- It may seem like gloomy days are here to stay but if you leave even just an ounce of faith then you will realize there are sunny days waiting for you.
- Bad days will always come knocking on your door. You just have to wait until they leave. You don’t have to welcome them. Wait and only let the good days in.
Related Reading: 153+ Example Messages and Quotes to Wish a Wonderful Weekend
- Honey, you are the sweetest person I’ve ever met. I’m sorry that there are evil people who hurt you but sad to say you’ll meet more of them in the years to come. All you have to do is continue being yourself and don’t let other people use you.
- It’s okay to cry. Just remember that on the day you decide to stop crying and start living, I will be outside your door waiting for you to come out. Cheer up! You look better with a smile on your face.
- Crying releases the tension in your heart. Cry until you have to then wipe your tears, put your most beautiful dress on and enjoy the day with me. We will laugh until our bellies hurt because you deserve to be happy.
- Even when you feel like giving up, don’t stop trying. Life is full of surprises. Who knows, maybe tomorrow you’ll get the call you’ve been waiting for.
- Keep living life like it’s the end of the world tomorrow. Life’s too short to be sad and hate about the people and things around you.
- Smile like a child. You’ll never know what tomorrow brings so take the time to enjoy today, the present.
How can you cheer someone up in the workplace?
Everyone gets knocked down from time to time. If you know someone who needs be to cheered up at work, here are some things you can do.
- Talk to them. Ask them about their favorite TV show, their favorite food, what music they’re into. Encourage them to talk about what they like in life to let them remember that there are positive things happening in their life.
- Invite them for a drink. Loosen up and invite them for a drink after work. Have fun and enjoy the night out.
- Hug them. A hug can heal. Hug them even just for a few seconds and that will make them feel better. Human contact is a powerful thing and connecting with someone can remind them that life is good.
- Compliment them. Pick out something specific things that are amazing about a colleague. Make them feel good about themselves.
- Take a break. Even a short break can pull someone out of stress. Have a nice walk outside and get away from the stress of the office if only for a moment.