Even if you’re not a big drinker or a professional pirate, you know what rum is. The drink is synonymous with of the iconic Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean and has long been portrayed as a favorite pirate drink in the movies.
If you’re not already familiar with the ingredients, rum is made from sugarcane juice or molasses that’s fermented and distilled into an alcoholic beverage. But the beverage has applications the stretch far beyond drinking. For bakers, rum is an important ingredient added in cakes or desserts to give the flavor profile a kick.
If you’re looking for marketing captions to promote a rum business or just some funny one-liners about the beverage that will make your friends laugh, these are the best options. Ah hoy!
- Rum Slogans and Quotes
- Funny Rum Captions for Social Media
- Jack Sparrow Rum Quotes
- Rum Hashtags
- Rum Puns and Jokes
Rum Slogans and Quotes
One of the best ways to get people to remember your brand or your business is to pair your business name with a slogan or quote.Check out this list sip-worthy one liners.
- Bottoms Up!
- If life gives you lime, make a glass of Dark ‘n Stormy.
- Rum: the golden liquid.
- It’s not fun without rum.
- Have a glass of rum and see what you’ll become.
- Rum keeps the party going.
- Rum: the shy guy’s best friend.
- Where there is rum, there is fun.
Related Reading: 150+ Catchy Beer Captions Perfect for Instagram Posts
- A party is best enjoyed with a circle of friends and a bottle of rum.
- Need a vacation? Open up a bottle of rum and see where it takes you.
- “Rum is tonic that clarifies the vision, and sets things in true perspective.” – Brian D’Ambrosio
- “Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate, not an Alcoholic.” – Earl Dibbles Jr.
- “There’s naught, no doubt, so much the spirit calms as rum and true religion.” – Lord Byron
- “Rum is a flatterer, making fools and lunatics.” James Lendall Basford
- “Best ideas come while sipping rum.” – Pavol Kazimir
- “Have rum; I mean, have fun. Don’t overdose. Cheers.” – Vikrmn, Corpkshetra
“I wonder whether they have rum and Coke in Heaven? Maybe it’s too mundane a pleasure, but I hope so — as a sundowner. Except, of course, the sun never goes down there. Oh, man, this heaven is going to take some getting used to.” – Desmond Tutu
- “Red Rum is the greatest thing on four legs since Pegasus.” – Jean Rook
- “Only, in Haiti, I realized, is it possible to drink rum and haggle with a god.” – Wade Davis
- “I also love a little rum, 7 years aged, brown, when it is chilly, before dinner.” – Christian Louboutin
Funny Rum Captions for Social Media
Captions on your social media posts capture your followers’ attention, improve shares and organic reach. But funny captions, give your posts the opportunity to go viral.
Build up your business by putting funny captions on your photos or videos and let your customers see you as a laid-back brand without investing a lot of time coming up with creative one-liners. Below is a list of funny rum captions to add to your marketing swipe file.
- Call me old fashioned but a glass of rum can take you places without leaving the country.
- Girls just wanna have rum.
- Hit me with your best rum shots.
- It’s rum o’clock.
- Keep calm because it’s time for rum!
- There’s always time for rum.
- Watch me sip, watch me lay lay.
- You are the piña to my colada.
- We rum this party.
- Go where the wifi is weak and the rum is strong.
- Feeling rum-tastic!
- Move over, coffee. Today is a day for rum!
- Hit the ground rum-ing.
- Rum gives my liver a sense of purpose.
- In a relationship with rum.
- Call me old fashioned.
- Drink triple, see double, act single.
- Rum away with me.
- A drink a day keeps reality at bay.
- Save water, drink rum.
Jack Sparrow Rum Quotes
Captain Jack Sparrow is an iconic lead character in Pirates of the Caribbean. Aside from being a legendary pirate and a trickster, he’s known for his love for rum explaining why he always looks tipsy. Here’s a list Jack Sparrow’s top quotes from the big screen.
- “Why is the rum always gone? (stands up and staggers drunkenly) Oh… that’s why.”
- “This rum is half gone. WHY is the rum gone? I will TELL you why the rum is gone. This half-empty cask, which as of last night was full of rum bound for England, rum entrusted to this vessel to be carried in her hold until we reach our destination, rum intended to be sold to the taverns and cellars of England, to slake English thirsts is gone because several members of this crew that stands before me, this same crew of misbegotten scurvy sea dogs, crept down into the hold and GUZZLED it!”
- “Drink Up Me Hearties, Yo Ho!”
“No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade… the rum.”
- “A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around!”
- “Hide the rum.”
- “I prefer rum… Rum’s good.”
- Jack Sparrow: Is this a dream?
‘Bootstrap’ Bill Turner: No.
Jack Sparrow: I thought not. If it were, there’d be rum.
- Jack Sparrow: Last time… I was here a grand total of three days, all right? Last time, the rum runners used this island as a cache, they came past and I was able to barter passage off. By the look of things, they’ve long been out of business. Probably have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that.
Elizabeth: So that’s it, then? That’s the secret, grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow. You spent three days lying on a beach drinking rum.
Jack Sparrow: Welcome to the Caribbean, love.
- Lord Cutler Beckett: (Jack is about to light a cannon that’s pointed at the mast) You’re mad.
Jack Sparrow: Thank goodness for that, ’cause if I wasn’t this would probably never work.
(Fires the cannon, which catapults him onto his ship, landing safely on his feet behind his crew)
Jack Sparrow: And that was without even a single drop of rum.
Social media sites like Instagram use hashtags as a way to sort and find an image. Looking for a relaxing beach photo? Try the hashtag #sunsetbeach for example.
Related Reading: 500+ Unforgettable Bar Name Ideas I’m Giving Away
In this case, when a user wants their search results to display rum photos or videos, all you have to do is type in the pound sign (#) along with the word rum. This will then bring up all posts with the hashtag #rum tagged in the captions.
The following rum hashtags below have more than a million relevant images. Include these in your posts to improve organic reach.
Rum Puns and Jokes
Need a laugh? Who doesn’t! These rum puns will do the trick. Sure.. some of these jokes will make you cringe at how cheesy they are. But isn’t that kind of the point?
- Born to rum.
- Rum might not be the answer but it’s worth a shot.
- Rum fly with me.
- Want to be an instant pirate? Just add rum.
- I put the ‘rum’ in pa-rum pa pum pum.
- Run? I thought you said rum!
- I’d rather be someone’s shot of rum than everyone’s cup of tea.
- Time flies when you’re having rum.
- Rule of Rum.
- Rum what may.
- The rum of all fears.
- Rum Undone.
- Got Rum?
- Rum People Have Real Problems
- How much rum does it take to make a pirate drunk? A Galleon.
- Why does a pirate prefer to drink in a bar that serves rum, instead of gin? Because it has mo’lasses.
- What’s your favorite drink to have during Christmas time? Mine is the Little Drummer Boy. It’s 1 part rum, 3 parts pum.
- I accidentally spilled my bottle of rum on the floor. I was let down because I thought I’d be the one getting wasted.
- Rum is never the answer… But it does make you forget the question.
- I asked the bartender for a rum and coke. He said, “Is Pepsi okay?” “Sure, whatever,” I said. So he handed me a glass of Pepsi and Coke.
Rum is a segment of the spirits industry expected to grow by 6.45% annually and valued at over $17 million in 2021. So if you’re interested in becoming an influencer in this space, there’s never been a better time than right now to do it matey!