Retirement means different things for different people. For some, it means enjoying the fruits of their labor by traveling and spending time with their family. For others, it can mean leaving the corporate world to start a business.
In the United States, 67% of retirees report being confident they have enough money in order to live comfortably during retirement. To be clear, many people now consider 65 as the standard age when retiring. No matter what age you plan to slow down, retirement is an important part of a personal journey that’s vital to acknowledge and celebrate. Understandably, this is a huge turning point in someone’s life that can completely change someone’s day-to-day habits (in a good way).
To help you send your well wishes to someone who will be retiring or who has retired recently, here are 189+ retirement slogans and quotes to make your greetings more special.
- Happy Retirement Slogans
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Retirement Slogans for Banners
- Retirement Captions for Social Media
- Retirement Messages for Yard Signs
- Funny Retirement Sayings
- Retirement Slogans for Cakes
- Retirement Statistics
Happy Retirement Slogans
- You Can’t Retire From Being Great!
- Retirement Means A Sweet Ending To A New Beginning.
- Old Enough To Retire, Young Enough To Enjoy It.
- I’m retired. It’s not my problem anymore!
- Retirement Means No More Alarm Clocks.
- Now, The Real Fun Begins!
- Retired And Loving It.
- Keep Calm And Enjoy Retirement.
- Life Begins After Retirement.
- Retirement Is The Best Time Of Your Life.
- Retirement Never Felt So Good.
- Retirement Schedule Means Playing Golf Every Day.
- The Purpose Of Our Lives Is To Be Happily Retired.
- Retired And Loving Every Minute Of It.
Related Reading: 200+ Most Effective Fall Marketing Slogans and Taglines
- Retired And Loving It.
- Look At The Bright Side, You’re Retired!
- Choose Life. Choose Retirement.
- Create Your Own Happiness. Retire Today.
- Relax. Live Life And Enjoy Retirement.
- Look Forward To Your Retirement Day.
- Happy People Are Retired People.
- It’s Okay To Not Do Anything. Happy Retirement Day.
- Difficult Roads Lead To Happy Retirement Life.
- Be Your Own Boss. Go Get That Retirement.
- Your Prolonged Holiday Starts Today.
- You Are Now Entering The Best Days Of Your Life.
- Retiring From All The Hard Work.
- Do What Makes You Happy – Retire Today.
- Retired Not Expired.
Happy Retirement Quotes
“Retirement is not the end of the road. It’s the beginning of the open highway.” – Anonymous
“Retirement is a time to experience a fulfilling life derived from many enjoyable and rewarding activities.” – Ernie J. Zelinski
“Retirement at sixty-five is ridiculous. When I was sixty-five I still had dimples.” – George Burns
“The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” – Abe Lemons
“Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.” – Gene Perret
“Don’t act your age in retirement. Act like the inner young person you always have been.” – J.A. West
“Retirement: A time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked.” – Catherine Pulisfer
“Don’t simply retire from something. Having something to retire to.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
“Retirement is a blank sheet of paper. It is a chance to redesign your life to into something new and different.” – Anonymous
“The best thing about retirement is not having to wear pants.” – Mark Hewer
Related Reading: 181 All-Time Best Homemade Food Slogans Ideas List You Can Use
“Retirement is the only thing that will make you realize how you wasted all these years trying to be mature when you can get back to being a child at the end of it all.” – Anonymous
“Retirement is waking up in the morning with nothing to do and by bedtime having done only half of it.” – Anonymous
“The legend has finally retired. If you want to talk, you’ll be charged a consultation fee.” – Anonymous
“Retirement may be looked upon either as a prolonged holiday or as a rejection, a being thrown on to the scrap-heap.” – Simone De Beauvoir
“My retirement plan is to spend money on things that will significantly reduce my lifespan.” – Anonymous
“It doesn’t matter whether you behave like a grumpy retiree or not because people are going to assume that anyways!” – Anonymous
“Retire from work, but not from life.” – M.K. Soni
“Retirement is like a lifelong vacation, except that you are no longer fit to do most of the fun stuff.” – Anonymous
“The concept of freedom is never truly realized until one settles into retirement mode.” – A. Major
“Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them.” – Louis Armstrong
“The key to retirement is finding joy in the little things.” – Susan Miller
“Retirement is the beginning of the time when you can sit back and give advice to others, even though you never followed it in your own life.” – Anonymous
“To enjoy a long, comfortable retirement, save more today.” – Suze Orman
“Retirement is not a life without purpose; it is the on-going purpose that provides meaningfulness.” – Robert Rivers
“Retirement is when you stop living at work and begin working at living.” – Anonymous
“He who laughs last at the boss’ jokes probably isn’t far from retirement.” – Anonymous
“Retirement is the most wonderful thing. I get to enjoy all the things I never stopped to notice on the way up. After an extraordinary life, it’s time to enjoy my retirement.” – Patrick Macnee
“The joy of retirement comes in those everyday pursuits that embrace the joy of life.” – Byron Pulsifer
Retirement Slogans for Banners
- Retirement Opens Doors To A New Life
- There’s No Perfect Time For A Retirement
- Retirement Is Being Your Own Boss
- Happy Hour Starts The Moment You Retire
- Enjoy Your Long Overdue Leave. Happy Retirement!
- RETIRED: Has Plenty Of Time For Golf Now
- I’m Not Retired. Staying Home Is A Full-Time Job
- It’s Retirement O’clock!
- Hooray! I’m Officially Retired!
- Buckle Up. Retiree On Board!
- Happy Life Is Retirement Life
- Clocking Off Forever. Hello Retirement!
Related Reading: 150+ Memorial Day Quotes and Slogans for Loved Ones Who Served
- No Work. No Problem. Yes To Retirement
- I Love Retirement From The Moon And Back
- Throw Away the Alarm Clock and Enjoy Your Life.
- Starting Life in 3, 2, 1.. OFFICIALLY RETIRED.
- Open To Create New Memories
- Retirement Is Having Me Time Forever
- Retirement Is Not The End. It’s Only Getting Started
- WARNING: Retired person on premises. Knows anything and has the time to tell it all.
- Stay Sane And Enjoy Retirement Life!
- Keep The Adventure Coming!
- Retirement Life: Where You Have All The Time In Your Hands
- Retirement Life: A Good Excuse To Go Crazy In Life
- Get Going And Live Your Life
- Retirement Is The Icing On The Cake
- Retirement Life: Happy Hour 24/7
- Retiring In 3, 2, 1.. You Can Reach Me At NEVER
- Oh The Places You Can Go Once You’re Retired
- Retirement Is An Endless Road Of Adventure
- Retirement Is Taking Chances And Not Getting Scared At Trying
Retirement Captions for Social Media
- Say good bye to tension and say hello to pension.
- Retirement calls for a new type of adventure.
- It is always a good time to retire.
- Let the relaxation begin. Happy retirement!
- It’s time to sit back, relax, and do the things you never got to do.
- Get started on your retirement bucket list! It’s finally time for some fun!
- There’s no bad days in retirement life.
- You’ve hit the jackpot. Enjoy! You deserve it.
- You’ve done enough. Happy retirement!
- Wishing you long life to do what you’ve always wanted to do!
- On to the best days of your life. Happy retirement!
- There’s always something at the end of the road.
- You survived all the hustle. Congratulations!
- You’ve worked hard all these years. It’s time to take the back seat!
- Here’s to making your retirement dreams come true.
- It’s the start of an amazing adventure! Happy retirement!
- This is the beginning of a long-lasting vacation.
- Say goodbye to clocking in at 9AM and say hello to no alarm every day.
- You have a long road ahead of you! Enjoy your retirement life.
- It’s time to tick some things off your bucket list! Happy retirement!
- You’ve spent years working hard, now it’s time to party hard. Happy retirement life!
- Here’s to living life away from meetings and bosses. Happy retirement!
- It’s never too late to release that child in you. No need to be mature now!
Retirement Messages for Yard Signs
- Welcome Back. You Never Have To Pretend To Be Mature Again.
- Happy Retiree Is Back In Business
- Grumpy Retiree: ON
- Sit Back And Relax. You’re Retired.
- Congratulations. You Never Have To Use Your Brain Anymore.
- Retirement Mode On FOREVER
- Retirement Is The Longest Coffee Break
- CONGRATS: You Made It This Far.
- Do Not Disturb: Busy On Retirement Mode
- BRB: Busy Enjoying Retirement Life
- Grumpy Old Retiree On Board
- Ship Is Sailing To Retirement Life
- Retirement Makes Your Heart Flutter
- There’s Always Something Good At The End Of Your Retirement
- Retirement Is Having Too Much Time On Your Hands
- Retirement Is Vacation Mode 24/7
- A Grumpy Retiree Is A Happy Retiree
- Messy Hair Don’t Care When You’re A Retiree
- She Resigned And She Lived Happily Ever After
- Behind Every Retired Man Is An Unhappy Wife
Funny Retirement Sayings
- A person who’s happy on a Monday is retired.
- Retirement means every day is a Saturday.
- Being retired means having to work for your new boss; your wife.
- Retired Under New Management: My Wife
- Retirement mode is doing what you want, whenever you want it.
- Retirement is spending all the money you worked hard on earning.
- I’m retired you’re not.
- Happy Retirement! Welcome to your permanent weekend!
- Retirement is waking up every day thinking it’s Saturday.
- Retirement is allowing yourself to take the day off anytime.
- Retirement pay sucks but the hours are great.
- Retirement life is stressing on what time you want to wake up to every day.
- Being a retiree is having long hours of lunch break.
- Hopefully you saved enough to get off having no job for years!
- Retirement is never having to set the alarm again.
- Retirement is bulldozing 99 of your problems in life.
- Retirement is being unemployed happily.
- Retirement is doing something fun as a job.
- Retirement is living life as a full-time job.
Retirement Slogans for Cakes
- Happy Retirement. No need for alarm clocks!
- You can go back to being immature. Happy Retirement!
- You Are Now Your Own Boss!
- My Retirement Plan: To Play Golf All Day, Every Day
- Officially Retired: No Plans To Get Out Of Bed
- Time To Give Up The Badge And Relax Forever
- Work Will Never Be The Same Without You
- You Made It! Congratulations!
- Time To Spend All That Money
- Retirement Never Felt This Sweet
- Welcome To Your New Life
- Enjoy Your Holiday All-Year Long
- To More Lazy Days Ahead!
- Cheers To The Retirement Life!
- Officially Retired: Not taking calls anymore
- The King Has Retired
- Retirement Is Always Having That Friday Feeling
- Congratulations On Your Escape! Take Us With You!
Fun Retirement Statistics
Here are some statistics about retirees in America that you might find interesting:
- American aged 55 – 64 have only saved 12% of the money they need to secure a comfortable requirement.
- An average retiree spends $4,300 of their money on healthcare only.
- 67% of private industry workers have access to a retirement plan. (BLS)
- Retirement can last a lot longer than you might expect. The average life expectancy is 78.7 years according to the CDC.
- Only 10% of companies offer pension plans for their employees.
- Utah, Idaho, and New Hampshire are the three best states for retirees, while New Mexico, New York, and Maryland are the worst.
- More than 35% of retirees aged 65 to 74 still have a mortgage to pay.
I hope this list of retirement messages help you identify the perfect greeting for social media, a card, or banner. After working hard for decades, it’s time to celebrate the payoff for your efforts.