Independence Day, colloquially known as the “Fourth of July”, is one of the most important federal holidays in the country, marking the anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The day is celebrated with fireworks, parades, BBQs, picnics, carnivals and fairs, family reunions, political speeches, and, of course, baseball games. More than $6 billion is spent annually just on food for this event, with millions attending barbecues, cookouts, and picnics across the country.
To help you kick off this annual celebration we’ve organized patriotic slogans, taglines, and quotes that you can use on Independence Day. These are organized by category below.
- Inspirational 4th of July Slogans
- Funny 4th of July Sayings
- July 4th Marketing Slogans
- 4th of July Quotes
- 4th of July Quotes about Fireworks
- Historical 4th of July Quotes
Inspirational 4th of July Slogans
Here are some awesome slogans that you can use for your own event that will inspire other countrymen and women to attend.
- Home of the brave since 1776.
- “You’re welcome.” – George Washington
- America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.
- America sure knows how to throw a birthday party.
- American dreamin’.
- Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
- Being grateful for our nation, What a great sensation!
- Bold stripes, bright stars, brave hearts.
- Brought to you courtesy of the red, white, and blue.
- There ain’t no doubt I love this land. God Bless the USA.
- Freedom is never given, it is won.
- Freedom is not given, it is taken.
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
- God Bless America!
- God bless America.
- Happy birthday, America!
- Have a Yankee Doodle day
- Home of the free because of the brave.
- Home of the free, est. 1776.
- I thank God for my life, and for the stars and stripes.
- I’m just living out the American dream.
Related Reading: 101 Cool Summer Advertising Slogan Ideas and Epic Quotes
- It’s Fourth of July weekend, or, as I call it, Exploding Christmas.
- Land of the free, because of the brave.
- Let freedom never perish in your hands.
- Let freedom ring!
- Let freedom ring!
- My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue.
- One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, One Nation evermore!
- Proud to be an American.
- Raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away.
- Red stands for hardiness and valor. White symbolizes purity and innocence. Blue represents vigilance, perseverance, and justice.
- Stay fly on the Fourth of July
- Sweet land of liberty.
- The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride and history.
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
- We will stand by the right, we will stand by the true, we will live, we will die for the red, white, and blue.
Funny 4th of July Sayings
Explore these light-hearted sayings and slogans about this All-American celebration.
- Ain’t No Party Like an American Party
- Being American Is Awesome. The End.
- Did you hear the joke about the Liberty Bell? It’ll crack you up.
- Drink Booze & Light the Fuse
- Fireworks, Baseball, and Beer, Oh my!
- Four Score and Seven Beers Ago…
- Have a Yankee Doodle day.
- Here To Get Lit
- I like my coffee black and my tea in the harbor.
- I Love the Smell of Liberty in the Morning
- If you didn’t grill, did your Fourth of July even happen?
- I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T, do you know what that means?
- Living the Dream
- Made In America
- My favorite color is freedom.
- My Heart Beats Red, White, and Blue
- On a Scale from 1 to America, How Free Are You Tonight?
- Party Like a Patriot
- Party Like It’s 1776
Related Reading: 300+ Year Round Holiday Marketing Slogan Ideas
- Pies, fries, and the Fourth of July.
- Proud & Free
- Red, White, and Boom!
- Sorry, I Can’t Hear You Over All This Freedom Ringing
- Star Spangled Hammered
- Stars, Stripes, & Fireworks
- They Hate Us, Cuz They Ain’t U.S.
- Too Cool for British Rule
- U.S. Slay
- Unapologetically American
- We Put the ‘Riot’ in Patriotic
- What a Blast!
- What’s the best kind of tea to drink on July 4th? Liber-tea!
- Why aren’t there any knock-knock jokes about America? Because freedom rings.
- Young, Wild, & Free
July 4th Marketing Slogans
July 4 is not just a holiday, it’s also a time for consumerism. Everyone from retail stores to restaurants have 4th of July sales, describing them as “patriotic” and “America” in their advertising. There’s nothing more American than a good deal.
- 10 budget-friendly July 4 getaway options.
- 4 deals that save time and money, so that you’re free to spend time with your people.
- 4th of July deals from $4.
- 6 Big-Batch Cocktail Recipes for the Fourth of July.
- 7 quick recipes that will free up your time this 4th of July.
- A 3-ingredient trifle you MUST make this weekend.
- America’s Pastime on the 4th of July.
- Baby UR a firework.
- Be independent: 3 things to do if you’re spending the 4th alone.
- Bring on the fireworks: This deal will have you fired up.
- By the dawn’s early light, these awesome sales are starting!
- Celebrate freedom with products that don’t depend on a large budget.
- Celebrate the red, white and YOU — treat yourself with these July 4th deals.
- Celebrate your independence.
- Create a spark with these new products.
- Cue the fireworks! (Hint: this sale ends today).
- Enjoy the long weekend without ending up short on cash.
- FireWork this 4th of July sale (while you still can).
- Flag this: $6 styles + EXTRA 50% off.
- Go Fourth in Red, White, & Shoes.
- The Freedom Celebration Sale.
- Grilling Secrets from the Pros – 4th of July party menu.
- Happy B-day, America.
- Here’s to a Fun and Festive Fourth.
- Life, liberty, and the pursuit of savings! Shop our July 4th deals.
- Nothin’ Says Lovin’ Like 4th of July from the Oven.
- On America’s birthday, YOU get a gift — 40% off!
- O-oh say can you see, tons of awesome new gifts?
- Ready to fire up your July 4th?
- Show your pride by shopping all things red, white and blue!
- Start the Fourth with a bang — check out these deals!
- Start your July 4th weekend with BUY MORE SAVE MORE.
- The biggest bang for your buck: 4th of July-inspired outfits, 50% off.
- The land of the (buy one, get one) free.
- The land of the free and the home of this sale: Don’t miss out.
- This is better than fireworks.
- To grill or not to grill? That’s a really big question.
- We Don’t Make 4th of July. We Make 4th of July Better.
- We salute you … for saving money with these 4th of July sales.
- We saved our best sales for a free day.
4th of July Quotes
Many people have commented on the Fourth of July holiday from celebrities to politicians. Here are some of the best of quotes about this date in the American calendar.
- “America, to me, is freedom.” – Willie Nelson
- “America’s a family. We all yell at each other, and it all works out.” – Louis C.K.
- “Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
- “Happy 4th of July! Drink until you see stars… and stripes!” – Unknown
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Independence Day: freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “It’s Fourth of July weekend, or, as I call it, Exploding Christmas.” – Stephen Colbert
- “Let’s not forget why we celebrate 4th of July, it is the day Will Smith saved us from the aliens.” – Unknown
“My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbour, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love.” – Yakov Smirnoff
- “My favorite thing about the United States? Lots of Americans, one America.” – Val Saintsburt
- “So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snow capped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” – Gloria Steinem
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa
- “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” – William Faulkner
“We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. – Robert J. McCracken
- “When you’re born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front row seat.” – George Carlin
- “You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4th, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.” – Erma Bombeck
4th of July Quotes about Fireworks
With fireworks being one of the core practices on this date, it should come as no surprise there are quotes about the fireworks too. Here they are.
- America was born to sparkle.
- Apple pie and fireworks and baseball and beer.
- Baby, you’re a firework.
- Current mood: Cue the sparklers.
- Family, fireworks, and the Fourth of July
- Fireball and fireworks.
- Flip-flops, fireworks, and freedom.
- Food, family, Fourth of July, and fireworks. The four best F words ever.
- Free to sparkle.
- If it involves fireworks, beach days, barbecues, and freedom—count me in.
- Keep calm and sparkle on.
- More sparkles, please!
- Snap, crackle, and pop.
- Sparkle like it’s the Fourth of July.
- Sparkling so hard, I could be a firework.
- Today we all share the same sparkle in our eyes.
- Pretty sure I was a sparkler in another life.
Historical 4th of July Quotes
Inspirational quotes came from iconic American figures like Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, and John Dickinson to name but a few.
- “Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams
Related Reading: 181 All-Time Best Homemade Food Slogans Ideas List You Can Use
- “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” – John Dickinson
- “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie
- “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” – James G. Blaine
- “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
“Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “America means opportunity, freedom, power.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Give me liberty or give me death!” – Patrick Henry
- “Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.” – James Bryce
- “America is a tune. It must be sung together.” – Gerald Stanley Lee
“As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.” – George Washington
- “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” – James G. Blaine
- “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” – George Bernard Shaw