In Jewish culture, the Sabbath is the holy day were you don’t work. The seventh day of the week or Saturday isa a day of rest and worship together.
If you know someone, a friend, a workmate, a classmate, or even a family member who celebrates Sabbath Day, extend your courtesy by sending your warm wishes to them. Not sure what to say? No worries because I made a list of more than 101 happy Sabbath Day wishes you can share with friends and family.
- Happy Sabbath Day Wishes
- Happy Sabbath Greetings
- Happy Sabbath Messages for Friends
- Happy Sabbath Messages for Her
- Happy Sabbath Messages for Him
- Happy Sabbath Messages for Family
- Happy Sabbath Quotes
- What day is the Sabbath?
- What’s the meaning of the Sabbath Day?
Happy Sabbath Day Wishes
- Happy Sabbath Day! May you be filled with peace and fulfillment in this glorious day for the Lord.
- Wishing you the best of all things in this Sabbath day. Enjoy it with your family and friends.
- May your day be filled with blessings! Happy Sabbath!
- I sincerely wish you a day of rest and relaxation while enjoying the company of family and friends this Sabbath Day!
- Hoping that you find Sabbath as a good day to reflect on all the good things that has come your way. Happy Sabbath!
- May you be recharged this Sabbath, body and soul! Sabbath Shalom!
- Happy Sabbath Day! Find spiritual rest on this day to strengthen your faith in Him who saved us all!
- He redeemed us from sin, so let us all devote a day for Him. May your heart be full of love for our Savior this Sabbath! Sabbath Shalom!
- Wishing that your mind and soul will be fully open this Sabbath to see God’s blessings and receive His mercy and forgiveness. Have a holy Sabbath day.
- May you have a good time to reflect on the coming Sabbath! Have a holy and happy Sabbath, my friend!
- Strengthen your energy and faith in God on Sabbath day by spending it with your family in a restful manner. Happy Sabbath!
- May this coming Sabbath guide you to be a better person. Happy Sabbath!
- Happy Sabbath day! Wishing that you receive all of God’s grace, and may your wishes come true.
- I sincerely wish that you’d find spiritual rest this Sabbath. Enjoy it with your family. Happy Sabbath, friend.
- This Sabbath day, be thankful for all that God has given you. Wishing that you’d find a peaceful relaxation on this day.
- May you have a happy and restful Sabbath day with those close to your heart. Happy Sabbath!
- May God’s mercy be showered upon you more on the coming Sabbath!
- I pray for your peace and happiness on Sabbath!
- Wishing that you would have time to reflect on God’s goodness on Sabbath!
- Forget all of the things you did this week and have a soulful relaxation and a prayerful Sabbath!
- Have a serene Sabbath enveloped with love! Happy Sabbath!
Happy Sabbath Greetings
- Happy Sabbath! May this day bring forth all of Heaven’s goodness to your home.
- Sabbath Shalom! Receive the Lord’s blessings and have a peaceful Sabbath celebration.
- Happy Sabbath day! Know that God loves you so much so spend this day by reflecting on His blessings.
- Have a wonderful Sabbath celebration! Relax and rest your body and soul.
- Have a treasured Sabbath! Honor God who has given us everything.
- Sabbath Shalom! May you find peace and fulfillment this Sabbath day.
- Happy Sabbath. Take the time off work and focus on God!
- Happy Sabbath! Make this day a special on reserved for the Lord’s goodness and blessings.
- Clear your mind with all the work you’ve done the past 6 days. Have a restful Sabbath day!
- Have a happy reconnecting day with God this Sabbath!
- Happy Sabbath! Remove all earthly issues in your mind, body and soul and meditate on God’s goodness and mercy.
- Have a grateful Sabbath day! Open your mind and soul to receive God’s blessings! Thank Him for all He has done for you.
- Sabbath Shalom! May the day bring you closer to those who are dear to you. Gather together in faith and love.
- Happy Sabbath! See God’s mercy and love on this day. Be thankful and be appreciative of His Heavenly blessings.
- Have a relaxed Sabbath, free from all the stress from work!
- Happy Sabbath to you. Think of God’s love and may you continuously give love to those around you.
- Sabbath Shalom! Shower your family with peace and love on this holy day!
- This Sabbath, count your blessings and be reminded of God’s great love for mankind. Happy Sabbath!
- Make Sabbath a peaceful and holy day spent thanking God for His mercy and goodness. Happy holy Sabbath!
- Happy Sabbath to you and your family. Have a happy holy healing time together with your loved ones.
- May the Lord shower you with wisdom this Sabbath day. Have a Sabbath that is well spent with God.
- Happy Sabbath to you. Nourish your soul by having a peaceful retreat.
Happy Sabbath Messages for Friends
- Have a holy Sabbath observance! Make peace with those you have hurt.
- Happy Sabbath! Build your life with this day as the center, and expect to receive God’s blessings.
- Sabbath Shalom! May your Sabbath be a day of rest and overflowing love.
- Happy Sabbath, my dear friend! Open your heart so you can wholly accept God’s unconditional love.
- Sabbath is a time that should be devoted to the One who has given us all. Happy Sabbath, friend.
- Happy Sabbath. Experience the Lord’s holiness on that day by resting your body, mind, and soul.
- Have a holy Sabbath day! Rest and be revitalized! Enjoy God’s blessings.
- Make sure that this Sabbath, you’ll focus on God and throw away all thoughts of work. Have a fulfilling Sabbath!
- Have a quiet Sabbath celebration! Be still, and take pleasure in all things that the Lord has given you. All of His blessings and love.
Related Reading: 200+ Traditional Happy Shavuot Greeting Messages and Slogans
- Have a good Sabbath meditating day.
- Have a glorious Sabbath, my dear friend. Glorify God and be merciful!
- Sabbath Shalom! Rejoice, and have peace in your heart.
- Celebrate Sabbath with your family. Be happy and feel God in your midst.
- May God’s holiness guide you this Sabbath. Reflect, rest, and recharge your body, mind and soul.
- Wishing that you have the most blessed Sabbath ever!
- Have a happy and satisfying Sabbath celebration with those close to your heart.
- Happy Sabbath. Make this a day of reflection!
- Thank God that we are still able to celebrate Sabbath! Enjoy it with your family.
- Have a joyous Sabbath! Forget all the stress of the week. Look into your soul and let peace reign in your heart.
- Wishing that you’d have a fulfilling Sabbath day. Be happy for all that God has given you.
Happy Sabbath Messages for Her
- Sabbath Shalom! Treasure this gift. Rest on this day.
- Happy Sabbath! Honor God on this holy day. Relax and have a time off work.
- Celebrate God’s goodness on Sabbath Day!
- Experience God’s unconditional love this Sabbath! Have a happy and holy Sabbath celebration.
- Feel God’s love and mercy in your life by making Sabbath holy.
- Let your heart be filled with God’s love and care. Devote your time to Him on Sabbath!
- Happy Sabbath! Make this day a day of relaxation and a day free from stress and worries.
- Sabbath Shalom! With God’s guidance, celebrate this day with your family.
- Have a holy Sabbath Day! Enjoy it with your loved ones.
- Be fulfilled this Sabbath! Erase all distractions from your mind. Open your heart and soul to God only.
Have a holy and blissful Sabbath. Be sincere to God for He has given you His unconditional love. Cherish Sabbath always.
- Have a delightful Sabbath. Encourage others to celebrate it in a holy way.
- Happy Sabbath! With God’s grace and mercy, make this Sabbath a holy one.
- Have a holy Sabbath! Worship God with your whole heart and soul.
- Make this Sabbath a relaxing day, a day set aside by the Lord so we can focus on Him. Happy Sabbath.
- Appreciate God’s holiness on Sabbath. Be thankful for all of His blessings.
- Of all the days of the week, let Sabbath be your day for God. Happy Sabbath celebration.
- Have a happy and restful Sabbath. Relax and feel rejuvenated.
- Wishing you all the best on Sabbath. May you find the true meaning of this holy day, and fill yourself with the spiritual energy you badly need.
- I sincerely hope and pray that this Sabbath be a different one for you. Enjoy it with those whom you love and cherish, but don’t forget to put God in the center of it all.
Happy Sabbath Messages for Him
- Once a week, make God the center of your life the whole day. Have a holy Sabbath celebration.
- Happy Sabbath. Focus on God’s greatness, and accept all of His heavenly blessings and love.
- Be a true son of God. Make Sabbath a holy day. Observe Sabbath with a sincere heart.
- I fervently pray that God’s goodness will move you to change for the better, starting this Sabbath day.
- Sabbath Shalom! See God’s goodness and make others feel His love.
- Celebrate Sabbath with your family. Have a wonderful day of relaxation and fun.
- Happy Sabbath. Forget all the worries of the past days. Rest, and rejoice in His blessings.
- Have a fulfilling Sabbath. Bring up all of your burdens to God.
- Make your body and soul rest and feel refreshed on Sabbath.
Give praise to the Lord most specially on Sabbath for He has created this day as a special one that should be devoted to Him.
- I truly wish you a happy Sabbath. May you find the joy that you’ve been searching for on this holy day.
- May God’s goodness envelop you and make you a changed man. Happy Sabbath!
- Don’t forget to ask for the Lord’s forgiveness this Sabbath. He’ll surely forgive all of your wrongdoings, and give you the strength to walk the right path.
- Have a restful Sabbath. Remember God’s promise of redemption.
- May your heart be open and your soul be free to accept God’s blessings this Sabbath.
- I hope you’ll have a glorious Sabbath celebration with those close to your heart.
- Be transformed this Sabbath. Have a holy one.
- Wishing that on Sabbath day, you’d realize that God is the creator of all things, and that He must be glorified.
- Worship God on all days of your life, especially on Sabbath Day! Happy holy Sabbath!
- I know what you have been through. Take your much needed rest this Sabbath and let God’s love and mercy give you strength and wisdom.
- Happy Sabbath, my friend. Continue treasuring God in your life. You are my role model.
Happy Sabbath Messages for Family
- Pause and pray on Sabbath. Have a holy Sabbath celebration.
- Let us make this Sabbath especially holy just as how God wants it to be. Happy Sabbath day to all!
- Happy Sabbath day to my wonderful parents! May you continuously live in God’s undying love and always rejoice in His presence in your hearts.
- To my siblings, have a holy Sabbath day! Please instill in your minds that God created this day as a day of rest; hence, you should forget all work and just rest in God’s grace.
- My dearest family, may we all have a wonderful Sabbath day! May God give us the wisdom to be able to teach our children the perfect way to celebrate it.
- My one and only family, happy Sabbath day. You will be blessed, for sure, if you keep this day holy. Be happy, relax, and enjoy each other’s company.
- We have to follow God’s commandment, that is, to keep holy the Sabbath day. Let us be good and obedient. Am sure, we will earn great rewards after. Happy Sabbath!
- Let us give praise to the Lord always, and show devotion to Him at all times, most especially on Sabbath day! Sabbath Shalom!
- Happy Sabbath, my dear family. Hand in hand, let us rejoice and remember that on this day, we should rest and may our faith be more strengthened.
Related Reading: 111+ Happy Hanukkah Captions and Quotes
- May each of you find the peace that you deserve. Happy Sabbath day!
- Happy Sabbath day to all! May God be the center of our lives so that we will always be united as one happy family.
- May you find peace deep in your heart and soul. Happy Sabbath!
- I wish you all the best of everything this Sabbath. No burdens, no problems, no issues and concerns. All love and peace. Happy Sabbath day!
- May we all wake up relaxed on Sabbath morning, and may we fulfill God’s wish on this day. Happy Sabbath, everyone!
- Dearest family, let’s forget work on Sabbath. Let’s make sure that we just rest, reflect and open our mind and soul to God’s goodness.
- Wishing that all of us would have a glorified Sabbath day. Let’s celebrate it the way the Lord wants us to. Happy holy Sabbath!
- My family, I sincerely pray that we find peace, harmony and serenity on Sabbath. Make it a true day of rest. Happy Sabbath to all!
- Have a blessed Sabbath. Feast in God’s glory. Be thankful to Him.
Happy Sabbath Quotes
- “As we keep or break the Sabbath Day we nobly save or meanly lose the last best hope by which man rises.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Anybody can observe the Sabbath, but making it holy surely takes the rest of the week.” – Alice Walker
- “A life built upon Sabbath is contented because in rhythms of rest we discover our time is full of the holiness of God.” – Shelly Miller
- “One day a week I seek to rest from earthly toil and sorrow. Revitalized, I find the strength to battle new tomorrows.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
“Like a path through the forest, Sabbath creates a marker for ourselves so, if we are lost, we can find our way back to our center.” – Wayne Muller
- “Sabbath is the celebration of live beyond and outside productivity.” – Walter Brueggemann
- “The gift of the Sabbath must be treasured. Blessed are you who honor this day.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “I feel as if God had, by giving the Sabbath, given fifty-two springs in each year.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “Make Sabbath a delight by rendering service to others.” – Russell M. Nelson
- “On the Sabbath – we are reminded that we are not human doings, but human beings.” – Rob Bell
- “Sabbath is resting as per God’s plans.” – Unknown
- “God did not set the Sabbath to be a burden, but rather a time of joy.” – Unknown
- “Sabbath helps us know the love of God for us.” – Unknown
- “Happy Sabbath. May the love of Jesus touch you in a special way this Sabbath.” – Unknown
- “The Sabbath is a day when we remember the promise that He made to turn all the darkness into Light and to never leave us, nor forsake us.” – Isaiah 42:16
What day is the Sabbath?
Many of us think that the biblical Sabbath day is Sunday, the first day of the week, while others believe that it is Saturday, the seventh day of the week. Let us look into this more closely.
The Jewish Sabbath, derived from the Hebrew word “shavat” which means “to rest”, is observed by the Jews on the seventh day of the week, which is Saturday. This is the day in which God rested after all of His creations had been done. The Bible shows that the Sabbath is the seventh day of the week and that it falls on a Saturday.
Luke 23:54 states that Jesus died on the preparation day (when the body of Jesus was wrapped in linen and placed in a tomb) or now known as Good Friday, and on the next day, the women who prepared fragrant oils and spices for Jesus rested because it was Sabbath. After the Sabbath, Jesus was resurrected (Easter Sunday). This shows that the Sabbath lies on a Saturday.
The question now is this: When do some religions say that the Sabbath day changed to Sunday?
Some scholars say after the New Testament was written and the death of all of the apostles, Christians began resting and worshipping on the first day of the week, rather than the seventh day.
Related Reading: 101+ Happy Hanukkah Slogans to Light You Up This Year
The earliest historical account of Sunday observance was in the middle of the 2nd century after Christ, and this occurred in Italy.
During this period, many Christians observed two days (Saturday and Sunday) though there were still others who only maintained the seventh day (Saturday) as the Sabbath.
It was on March 7, A.D. 321 that Constantine the Great issued the first civil Sunday law forcing all under the Roman Empire to make Sunday the day of rest. Only the farmers were excluded from this law.
What’s the meaning of the Sabbath Day?
Merriam-Webster defines Sabbath as (1) “the seventh day of the week observed from Friday evening to Saturday evening as a day of rest and worship by Jews and some Christians”, and (2) “Sunday observed among Christians as a day of rest and worship”.
The religious meaning of Sabbath is that God wants that we trust Him and that He will provide for us. He wants us to know that we can rest for a day and not be addicted to or compelled to do work seven days a week. By resting on Sabbath, we are able to regain our strength and not succumb easily to illnesses. Also, observing Sabbath is a way of preventing work idolatry.