It has been said that no man is an island. I believe this is true. Human beings are social creatures and we are meant to be interacting with one another.
In fact, loneliness is being cited as one of the reasons companies are calling employees back into the office. Being present with coworkers helps develop a team spirit, improved communication and bolster creativity.
Here are some quotes that shed light on feelings of loneliness and solitude. While some of the quotes in this list encourage you to embrace loneliness as a reset button, many of the quotes will also let you know that you’re truly never alone. There are people who want to connect with you if you’re able to reach out for help.
- Loneliness Quotes
- Sad Loneliness Quotes
- Funny Loneliness Quotes
- Sudden Loneliness Quotes
- Quotes About Being Alone
- Loneliness in Relationship Quotes
- Loneliness and Depression Slogans
- Loneliness Captions
- Statistics about Loneliness and Depression
Let’s begin with simple quotes about loneliness.
- Loneliness isn’t at all bad because you get away from the world.
- Loneliness: an extrovert’s fear.
- Don’t fear loneliness. Embrace it to better know thyself.
- Try camping alone. You won’t be alone for lone. The crickets and mosquitos will soon join you.
- You think you don’t need people—until you’re alone.
- Camping alone reestablishes your connection with nature.
- Trouble sleeping? Camp alone for a few days to reset your body clock.
- No man is an island. No man stands alone.
- A loner is alone because he got disappointed in blending into the real world.
- Use loneliness to journey within yourself.
- Being alone is not bad after all.
- Loneliness is a state of mind. You can be happy with yourself.
- Don’t think of yourself as being lonely. Think of yourself as special.
- Feeling lonely? Try listening to music.
- You can never be lonely if you adopt a pet dog.
- Remember, being lonely is a personal decision.
- Enjoy your “you” time.
- Loneliness allows you to listen to yourself, your dreams, and your purpose.
- Honestly, no one is truly alone.
- You won’t be lonely all the time.
- “All great and precious things are lonely.” —John Steinbeck
- “We’re happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time.” —Taylor Swift
- “Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” —Robert Tew
- “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.” —Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” —Michel de Montaigne
Sad Loneliness Quotes
The feeling of loneliness can bring with it feelings of melancholy, numbing, and depressing. These comments express all of these feels.
- Being lonely is the scariest thing in the world for me.
- What if I die alone?
- We die alone whether we like it or not.
- There is joy in companionship, none in loneliness.
- Feeling unheard is worse than loneliness.
- Why do I feel lonely even if I’m surrounded by people?
- It’s better to be by myself than live together with a dysfunctional family.
- I think I’m destined to be alone.
- I’m going to be single forever.
- I wish I was invisible. I feel painfully visible.
- Where happiness was, none can be found now that I’m the only one.
- I’m not sad. I’m just lonely.
- The worst thing about following your own path is that you’re almost always alone.
- Being alone isn’t the worst. Being forgotten is.
- Often, he who tries to make everyone happy ends up being the loneliest.
- I’m lonely every day, and I’m not afraid to admit that.
- This loneliness is tearing me apart.
- One year of being alone is not fun at all.
- I’m not sad. I just feel empty.
- Devoid of loved ones, devoid of happiness.
- “Yes, there is joy, fulfilment, and companionship, but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering.” —Sylvia Plath
- “For fear you will be alone, you do so many things that aren’t you at all.” —Richard Brautigan
- “Sometimes, being surrounded by everyone is the loneliest, because you’ll realize you have no one to turn to.” —Soraya
- “The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.” —Mother Teresa
- “The time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruellest irony.” —Douglas Coupland
Funny Loneliness Quotes
Even if you’re feeling lonely, you can still crack a smile.
- Life is full of loneliness. So party whenever you can!
- You’re in your own world. Stop daydreaming.
- I love being a loner. No toxic people.
- Being alone means you’ll have the ice cream all by yourself.
- I told them I’m single. And I’m still alone.
- When in doubt, be alone and trust yourself.
- Be alone. It’s better than being with a nagging wife.
- Let the game of loneliness begin.
- Think of the bright side. You are One. You are Neo.
- Don’t expect to walk out of loneliness.
Related Reading: 137+ Funny Quotes about Stress at Work to Survive the Week
- They said camping alone is wonderful. It’s not. I had to call emergency services.
- They said being alone is wonderful—until you’re admitted to the hospital.
- Being emotionally offended when alone—that’s so millennial.
- I’m looking for friends but can’t find any because I can’t be understood.
- Don’t let “alone” slide to “lonely.”
- In the age of social media, you could be alone in a sea of people.
- Where do lonely people come from?
- Two fewer lonely people in the world. Ha! That’s a joke.
- I’m confused. If I act weird, I’d either end up alone or with a whole bunch of weird people.
- I find it weird being not alone.
- “I’m not much but I’m all I have.” –Philip Dick
- “Sometimes you have to stand alone. Just to make sure you still can.” – Unknown
- “If you are afraid of being lonely don’t try to be right.” –Jules Renard
- “Be lonely. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
- “You could be married and bored or single and lonely. Ain’t no happiness nowhere.”- Chris Rock
Sudden Loneliness Quotes
Loneliness can come unexpectedly—a sudden falling out with a friend, a breakup with your sweetheart, or the death of a loved one. It can really be hard, but these comments remind that you’re not alone.
- Sometimes, you can see true beauty when you walk alone.
- Being lonely is better than being with the wrong people.