Everyone needs to work to earn a paycheck and put food on the table. Whether we are CEOs or ground-floor employees, the compensation may be different, but the basics are the same. Punching the clock can be stressful and exhausting, but some humuorous quotes can help lighten the mood and survive the work week.
Here are some cool, motivational, and humorous quotes that can help you cope with work-related stress. I’ve also included some jokes and commentary about stress that makes you laugh.
Work Stress Quotes
Funny Quotes about Stress at Work.
Let’s start off with some lighthearted quotes about work stress.
- If stress was money, I’d be a millionaire.
- Stress is only for inefficient people.
- Where can I return Mondays?
- You know the best part of work? Knowing that you’re going home by the end of the day.
- I get to come back again on Monday? Thank heavens.
- All the time, I want to spin in my chair at work.
- Whoever invented careers should be in prison.
- I think the best way to beat work stress is to imagine you don’t have work.
- I’m so stressed that yoga stresses me even more.
- I’m so sexy but stress doesn’t match my outfit.
- Cheers to me! I survived another day.
- Once everyone knows you do your job very well, they start to expect miracles.
- More love, less paperwork.
Funny Stress Quotes
Laughter never fails to reduce stress and anxiety. Some of these comments will make you smile.
- There’s a reason why the reverse of “stressed” is “dessert.”
- You know what stresses me more than work? My wife.
- Tried to go on a vacation to de-stress. Turns out the logistics and expenses of vacation stress me more.
- The zombie apocalypse is true. Just look at all these tired workers.
- Don’t let your boss know that you love your job.
- Your job does not define you. Your stress does.
- That damned voice follows me everywhere.
- Sorry, stress, I can’t accommodate you this week. My schedule is filled.
- Let me tell you something: there’s no time to relax.
- Relaxation and vacation are fantasies in the real world.
- When is the perfect time to relax? When you don’t have time to relax.
- Stress is having a bad day in the office and realizing that you’re not dreaming it.
- Be patient. Better days are coming—Saturday and Sunday.
The zombie apocalypse.
Jokes about Stress at Work
Stressed at work? Here are some clever jokes that will make you or coworkers smile while conducting your toils.
- How to avoid stress at work. Don’t go to work.
- Never ever let your computer know you’re doing urgent work.
- At work, we have a special room called the “Kill the Boss” room.
- You think Mondays are bad? Try working on weekends.
- The purpose of a stress ball is to throw it to something when you’re stressed.
- Roses are red/waves have crests/I can’t believe/that I’m this stressed.
Related Reading: 130+ Inspirational Sunday Messages and Quotes for Close Friends
- I’m experiencing a nasty bout of stress.
- I just wish stress burns calories.
- Thank you for not noticing my stress.
- Zombie apocalypse exists. It’s called damn hard office work.
- Before we wanted to be adults. Today, well, just look at us!
- Never underestimate yourself. That’s your boss’s job.
- “If hard work is the key to success, most people would rather pick the lock.” – Claude McDonald
I wish stress was an exercise.
Work Stress Memes
Use these work-stress memes on social media posts.
- I wish stress was an exercise.
- No time to relax. No time ever.
- Rest? You wish!
- Be free! Not!
- Pray to the server gods.
- I’m out of order.
- How stressed are you? Let me count the ways.
- Work: another word for stress.
- I think stress likes me.
- I’m in my stress zone.
- Are you in de-stress?
- It’s the stress republic over here in cubical land.
- Not superstitious. I’m stress-tious.
Stress Relief Quotes
Accumulated stress overtime can cause a lot of negative physical, mental, and psychological effects. Here are some quotes I came up with while at work.
- Success comes after work—in the dictionary.
- Don’t worry! Saturday is coming!
- Don’t work hard. Work smart.
- The best stress relief is your ability to think.
- Don’t stress yourself. If it happens, it happens.
- Stay cool and focused. That’s the best way to deal with stress.
- Unplug yourself for a bit. It works.
- Stressing about something is like sitting in a rocking chair. You’re doing something that doesn’t get you anywhere.
- Handle stress like a dog. Just pee over it and walk away.
- Enjoy every moment. Don’t stress yourself.
- Stress. Break it up!
- Ask for a hug. It works!
- “When all else fails, there’s always delusion.” – Conan O’ Brien
Motivation Quotes for Stress
Stressed out about something? You can use these quotes to motivate yourself to push forward and punch fear in the face.
- Stressed? Your boss likes it.
- Life is simple. We’re just making it complicated.
- Remember, sometimes stress is good.
- A little bit of stress means your mind is actually working.
- Stressed? It’s a sign that you should take a break.
- Don’t worry. Everyone gets stressed once in a while.
- Look on the bright side. If you’re stressed, someone is happy somewhere out there.
- Be “here.” Don’t be “there.”
- Stress is a broken connection with the earth. Go out once in a while.
- Stay strong. Worry less.
- Love often and be happy.
- Think positively, eat healthily, and exercise every day.
- Always take it easy.
Anxiety and stress.
Stressed Working Woman Quotes
Many female workers are stressed at work and at home. Get an insight into their lives.
- Women, you’re the cause of men’s stress.
- Make your home a place your husband looks forward to returning to, not a place where he dreads to.
- A stressed woman is a dangerous woman.
- They say love yourself. That’s the specialty of women.
- You have the power.
- Wanting everything perfect is stressful.
- Women get stressed because they add new roles to their old roles before finishing their old roles.
- As a woman, you think like a man, behave like a lady, look like a young girl, and work your ass off like a horse.
- You know the best way to handle stress. Dance it out!
- You’re a strong woman for raising others up.
- The perfect woman is a woman who works.
- A hot foot bath works for every stressed woman.
- “At work, you worry about family. At home, you worry about work. Behold a woman’s stress.” – Elaine Cannon
Stressed Working Men Quotes
I remember my dad coming home from work and being stressed out from the day. I share quotes about this phenomenon among the male gender.
- Is it difficult to imagine a stressed man? No, it’s not.
- Do you think it’s stressful at work? Wait till you go home to a nagger.
- The good thing about men? We pee stress.
- The best place for men to go after a hard day’s work is the local pub.
- Beer: man’s best friend.
- A stressed man vents. A wise man smiles.
- Stress reacts negatively to Hennesey. Or Johnny Walker.
- Stress is stressed about Chuck Norris.
- Too bad shopping is not a stress-relief mechanism for men.
- I’m a little stressed now. Yes, just a little bit stressed.
- You know, for me, stress is just a mask.
- Every man has secret sorrows.
- Stress? Nah, you’re a superman.
Quotes about Stress and Anxiety
Here are some more insightful quotes that can help you better deal with stress and anxiety.
- Patience, my friend. You have to get through the worst to get the best.
- Stress comes from what you think is going on in your life.
- Stress is modern life’s garbage.
- Opportunity lies in the middle of difficulty.
- The only way to win against stress is not to play.
Related Reading: 155+ Encouraging and Inspirational Quotes for Men After Setback
- There’s no need to hurry, and no need to sparkle. Just be yourself.
- Remember, nothing is important except yourself and your own happiness.
- Permit yourself to fail.
- One effective way to deal with anxiety is to do action.
- You can always control how you react to stress and anxiety.
- I long for freedom from stress and anxiety.
- I’m dizzy with anxiety.
- “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties its strength.” – Charles Spurgeon
Work Pressure Quotes
The stress of an impending deadline can add a lot of pressure to the work week. Here are some quotes regarding work pressure.
A “stress-free” environment in the corporate world is a joke.
- You’re a hero in the eyes of a boss.
- “It’s the weekend!” said no freelancer ever!
- Don’t believe that everything is urgent.
- Accepting you can fail is highly liberating.
- Don’t worry about things you can’t control.
- That’s career life. What can I tell you?
- We must have coffee and donuts. Stress can’t exist with these two.
- You know, nothing at work is worth the stress.
- Stress and pressure: they’re already my best friends in this office.
- I love my job. I have to.
- Where do you go from here? To the bar.
- “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” —Anonymous
- “Do what you can, with what you’ve got, where you are.” —Theodore Roosevelt
Job Stress Quotes
- Stress: in the office, it’s an everyday thing.
- Job stress: you’ll get used to it.
- Why is it that bosses like it when their subordinates are stressed?
- A “stress-free” environment in the corporate world is a joke.
- Coffee is the universal stress eliminator.
- If you don’t like your boss, change your boss.
- Always be aware of the limits of your own job.
Related Reading: 173+ Life is a Journey Quotes that Inspire You to Enjoy the Ride
- Rendering overtime? Forget it, and don’t stress yourself. No one appreciates you for it.
- Only by facing stress will you know your strength.
- The boss demands stress. Secretly.
- “When money becomes your purpose, stress, and depression become your path.” – Prabakaran Thirumalai
- “Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Not everything that weighs you down is yours to carry.” – Anonymous
Workplace Stress Statistics
Connecting with coworkers can reduce stress.
Here are some interesting statistics about workplace stress. As you can see feeling stressed at work is completely normal.
- 83% of working Americans report feeling workplace stress. Another 25% of employees reported work is the primary cause of stress. I certainly would include myself in this group of people.
- One million Americans miss or purposely don’t go to work because of stress. Ever heard of a coworker taking a mental health day?
- Stress causes personal relationships, according to 76% of American workers.
- A reported $51 billion dollars are lost in a year due to absenteeism, which is caused by worker stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Did you know $26 billion dollars are spent on stress treatments?
Alas, work can be draining. Eventually, such exhaustion can lead to stress and anxiety, which can subsequently affect your physical, mental, and psychological well-being. Make sure to take time to care for yourself.
Activities that reduce stress could include getting out into nature, going on a walk, and getting out of the office even if it’s only for 15 minutes. Another option is to share a laugh with a work friend. Remember, you’re not a robot. You need to listen when your body when it tells you to take a breather.