It’s easy to forget the different roles a pastor takes on behalf of their congregation. Pastors are guides, spiritual leaders, event organizers, but they are rarely thanked for all their roles. The work these men and women put forth on behalf of others cannot always receive an appropriate expression or reward, which is why saying “thank you” with a sincere written message goes such a long way to demonstrate how grateful we are about the work we do.
The messages we have provided here can be written on a note or sent in an email. If you want to make a message more personal, reference a personal experience with your pastor. Demonstrate the gratefulness toward your pastor for the various hats they wear below.
- Pastor Appreciation Messages
- Pastor Appreciation Quotes
- Pastor Appreciation Bible Verses
- Words of Appreciation for a Pastors Anniversary
- Pastor Appreciation Message for Funeral Service
- Pastor Appreciation Message for Wedding Service
Pastor Appreciation Messages
- I am praising God to be so blessed as to have a shepherd who loves his flock this much. Thank you.
- I know how hard you have been working and want to remind you that Jesus is worth it all, and He is working within your congregation.
- I want to encourage you that your labor is not in vain. Keep spreading the good news of the gospel!
- It has been such a blessing to have a pastor who is an example Christianity in your ministry. I pray that your faith remains strong and your grace abounds.
- Praising God today for how much He is using you in this church. Your sermons have uplifted and taught me so much.
- Remember that He is with you and for you. Jesus is pleased with you, and we appreciate you so much.
- Thank you for all you do as a pastor and know that your ministry has far-reaching positive effects that are greater than you could ever know!
- Thank you for serving the flock so well. I pray that in this season that God would be your constant companion.
- Thank you for your spiritual guidance. We appreciate your messages every Sunday.
Thank you pastor for growing God’s flock and deepening our faith in Christ. May you never lack help in time of need.
- Thank you pastor for your compassion and empathy, willingly given in my times of need. Thank you, Pastor!
- Thank you so much for all that you do. I enjoy your preaching.
- Thanks for being a fabulous preacher. I pray that God will continue to use you in mighty ways.
- Thanks for you all you do! You are growing God’s flock and deepening our faith.
- We thank you for your endurance as our spiritual leader!When you are weary and heavy-laden, go to Jesus. He will always be with you.
- You are the best pastor ever. Be encouraged, your faithfulness is being multiplied in this place.
- Your messages are full of insight and truth. Thank you for continuing to preach the word of God.
- Your patience and love for the people God has entrusted to you is a testament to the glorious love of Christ.
Pastor Appreciation Quotes
- “A pastor is a true example of a man who earnestly seeks to serve the Lord with all of his heart and with a spirit of excellence. Accept my sincere appreciation for your countless hours of labor in love for this ministry and your faithful dedicated service to God.”
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “A true leader is still a leader even when he takes up servants’ duty, provided he maintains a human face and added integrity to his self-retained qualities.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “As both a servant of God and a servant of His people, you are the intermediary between the spiritual world and our own. Thank you for bringing the gift of faith into the hearts of everyone in this congregation!”
“Aside from being a pastor, you are a counselor, advocate, teacher, and friend. Thanks for always going above and beyond your pastoral duty to fulfill every one of these roles. We do appreciate you.”
- “Being the light of the world is about being a broken, exploding, scarred star and shining a light of hope and inspiration to everyone around you.” – Ricky Maye, Barefoot Christianity
- “Christ is a substitute for everything, but nothing is a substitute for Christ.” – Harry Ironside
- “Every student needs a school and a teacher, so does every Christian need a Church and a Pastor.” – Justice Kojo Bentil
- “I appreciate you, pastor for the encouraging verse you send me every day, May God bless you abundantly.”
- “I thank God for giving you the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Your sermons are so touching that they inspire me to always strive hard to do the will of God. Thank you for all you do.”
- “Jesus is not one of many ways to approach God, nor is He the best of several ways; He is the only way.” – A. W. Tozer
- “No one can pray and worry at the same time.” – Max Lucado
- “One of the things that enriches the life of the pastor is to go through what the people go through.” – Pastor Mensa Otabil
Related Reading: 200+ Stay Strong Messages and Quotes for Tough Times
- “One of the very special people who truly care about other people is you, Pastor. Thank you for your caring heart!”
- “Pastor, we are grateful for sparing your precious time to come and pray with us when everything seemed not working. The word of hope you shared with us brought light to our family. God bless you!”
- “Pastor, you are highly appreciated for telling us the truth. May God help and support you in the ministry.”
- “Pastors are sent to utter the deep things of God for the conviction of sin, and for edification and comfort.” – T. B. Joshua
- “Saving us is the greatest and most concrete demonstration of God’s love, the definitive display of His grace throughout time and eternity.” – David Jeremiah
- “Thank you for being a wonderful pastor. We are deeply grateful for the hard work and sacrifice you make.”
“Thank you for being tenderhearted and compassionate in the face of grief and joy-filled events. Thank you for becoming part of our family, even when it demanded you to sacrifice time with your own family.”
- “Thank you for the extraordinary work you do of encouraging us and guiding us to the principles of God.”
- “The level of your wisdom and unwavering faith in Christ is what I have always admired. Thanks for all you do in the church and for the church.”
- “When it seemed I was far away from Jesus, you drew me back and helped me stay close and focus on him. Thank you for your timely attention, dear Pastor.”
- “You are a blessing to me and I thank God for the great and life-transforming message you deliver every Sunday to the church.”
- “Your messages are full of insight, revelation, and truth. Thank you for preaching the whole counsel of God. I am forever grateful.”
Pastor Appreciation Bible Verses
- “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers.” — Ephesians 4:11
- “And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.” — Jeremiah 3:15
- “And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you. And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake, and be at peace among yourselves.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:12 – 5:13
- “Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader, and commander to the people.” — Isaiah 55:4
- “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” — 2 Timothy 2:15
- “Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.” — 1 Corinthians 9:14
- “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” — Isaiah 52:7
- “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?” — Romans 10:14
- “I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus.” — 1 Corinthians 1:4
- “Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.” — 1 Timothy 5:17
- “Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” — Hebrews 13:17
- “One who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” — Galatians 6:6 – 6:9
- “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” — 2 Timothy 4:2
- “Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.” — Hebrews 13:7
- “Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father.” — 1 Thessalonians 1:3
- “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.’ — Psalms 37:23
Words of Appreciation for a Pastors Anniversary
- And already it has been a year since you joined our church. We are so grateful to have someone like you in such an important position supporting us! You always encourage and pray for others, which makes all of your fellow members feel better too, especially when they need comforting or guidance about faith issues. Happy anniversary brother; may God bless each moment with His peace.
- God has been so good to you, Brother. We are all grateful for your leadership in our church and pray that He will continue blessings on both yourself & your family as you serve Him with vigor! Happy Anniversary, and may God abundantly bless each year of service you provide.
- Happy anniversary, Pastor! Thank you for being a part of our lives and changing the way we think about church. It has been an amazing 10 years since you joined us and in this time God really used your influence to bless not only yourself but also those around you, which makes today even more memorable on many levels.
- I hope the Lord has kept you well with your family, as we look forward to celebrate your 10th anniversary since you joined our church. I want to pray to our heavenly Father to keep you perfect peace as you serve in the vineyard with vigor. Since you joined our church, you have always encouraged us, prayed for us and even comforted when we are down. Happy 10th anniversary and God bless you
I know pastor that this one will take you by surprise, I was going through on one of my calendar of events and there is somewhere I had recorded the time you were posted in our church and was surprised to discover that today marks exactly 10 years since you joined us, within the period you have been of great benefit to us and God has really used you to bless us in a big way, we look forward to more years with us before Jesus comes the second time. Happy anniversary, Pastor.
- It’s been a pleasure serving with you these past 10 years. You’ve helped us through some tough times and always found time for God even in the midst of your busy schedule! We are looking forward to many more successful years with you guiding us through this world.
- Pastor, it’s been a great ten years and we’re looking forward to more of your leadership in our church. You’ve helped us through some tough times with prayerful support when needed the most! We are all so thankful that God has used you here on Earth as his messenger – please continue carrying out His work by serving Him until Jesus comes again. Happy Anniversary Pastor.
- This is the day that the Lord has made and given us, we have been praying for it and thank Father for making it happen, we are glad to join others as we mark the 20th year since you joined our church, when we look back, we can only say glory to God because of His grace and care given to us all through. We keep mentioning you in prayer and ask the heavenly Father to keep giving you revelation knowledge as you guide the church to higher heights of fishing the souls. Stay blessed Pastor.
- We are all thankful for your service to our church, especially during these past 10 years. We hope that the Lord keeps you well with family and friends alike as we celebrate this milestone! Thankful anniversary wishes come from everyone here at the Church – may He perpetually bless your life always.
- We are all very thankful today for the grace and mercy that God has given us. We pray especially since you have been with us through thick and thin, never wavering in your love or commitment to this church as its shepherd and prophet of our Lord Jesus Christ! Glory be unto Him forevermore because He deserves nothing less than praise from every creature whom he created.
- We are celebrating your 10th anniversary since joining our church. You have always encouraged us, prayed for us and comforted us when we need it most! I hope this year is filled with God’s perfect peace, because of all that you have done on behalf his word. Thanks for being the best we could have hoped for.
- We are so grateful for all of the ways that you have ministered to us throughout these past 20 years. We remember when we first met and how fascinated we were by your story. It’s amazing what