It’s easy to forget the different roles a pastor takes on behalf of their congregation. Pastors are guides, spiritual leaders, event organizers, but they are rarely thanked for all their roles. The work these men and women put forth on behalf of others cannot always receive an appropriate expression or reward, which is why saying “thank you” with a sincere written message goes such a long way to demonstrate how grateful we are about the work we do.
The messages we have provided here can be written on a note or sent in an email. If you want to make a message more personal, reference a personal experience with your pastor. Demonstrate the gratefulness toward your pastor for the various hats they wear below.
Pastor Appreciation Messages
Let your pastor know you appreciate their work and guidance.
- I am praising God to be so blessed as to have a shepherd who loves his flock this much. Thank you.
- I know how hard you have been working and want to remind you that Jesus is worth it all, and He is working within your congregation.
- I want to encourage you that your labor is not in vain. Keep spreading the good news of the gospel!
- It has been such a blessing to have a pastor who is an example Christianity in your ministry. I pray that your faith remains strong and your grace abounds.
- Praising God today for how much He is using you in this church. Your sermons have uplifted and taught me so much.
- Remember that He is with you and for you. Jesus is pleased with you, and we appreciate you so much.
- Thank you for all you do as a pastor and know that your ministry has far-reaching positive effects that are greater than you could ever know!
- Thank you for serving the flock so well. I pray that in this season that God would be your constant companion.
- Thank you for your spiritual guidance. We appreciate your messages every Sunday.
Thank you pastor for growing God’s flock and deepening our faith in Christ. May you never lack help in time of need.
- Thank you pastor for your compassion and empathy, willingly given in my times of need. Thank you, Pastor!
- Thank you so much for all that you do. I enjoy your preaching.
- Thanks for being a fabulous preacher. I pray that God will continue to use you in mighty ways.
- Thanks for you all you do! You are growing God’s flock and deepening our faith.
- We thank you for your endurance as our spiritual leader!When you are weary and heavy-laden, go to Jesus. He will always be with you.
- You are the best pastor ever. Be encouraged, your faithfulness is being multiplied in this place.
- Your messages are full of insight and truth. Thank you for continuing to preach the word of God.
- Your patience and love for the people God has entrusted to you is a testament to the glorious love of Christ.
Pastor Appreciation Quotes
- “A pastor is a true example of a man who earnestly seeks to serve the Lord with all of his heart and with a spirit of excellence. Accept my sincere appreciation for your countless hours of labor in love for this ministry and your faithful dedicated service to God.”
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “A true leader is still a leader even when he takes up servants’ duty, provided he maintains a human face and added integrity to his self-retained qualities.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “As both a servant of God and a servant of His people, you are the intermediary between the spiritual world and our own. Thank you for bringing the gift of faith into the hearts of everyone in this congregation!”
“Aside from being a pastor, you are a counselor, advocate, teacher, and friend. Thanks for always going above and beyond your pastoral duty to fulfill every one of these roles. We do appreciate you.”
- “Being the light of the world is about being a broken, exploding, scarred star and shining a light of hope and inspiration to everyone around you.” – Ricky Maye, Barefoot Christianity
- “Christ is a substitute for everything, but nothing is a substitute for Christ.” – Harry Ironside
- “Every student needs a school and a teacher, so does every Christian need a Church and a Pastor.” – Justice Kojo Bentil
- “I appreciate you, pastor for the encouraging verse you send me every day, May God bless you abundantly.”
- “I thank God for giving you the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Your sermons are so touching that they inspire me to always strive hard to do the will of God. Thank you for all you do.”
- “Jesus is not one of many ways to approach God, nor is He the best of several ways; He is the only way.” – A. W. Tozer
- “No one can pray and worry at the same time.” – Max Lucado
- “One of the things that enriches the life of the pastor is to go through what the people go through.” – Pastor Mensa Otabil
Related Reading: 200+ Stay Strong Messages and Quotes for Tough Times
- “One of the very special people who truly care about other people is you, Pastor. Thank you for your caring heart!”
- “Pastor, we are grateful for sparing your precious time to come and pray with us when everything seemed not working. The word of hope you shared with us brought light to our family. God bless you!”
- “Pastor, you are highly appreciated for telling us the truth. May God help and support you in the ministry.”
- “Pastors are sent to utter the deep things of God for the conviction of sin, and for edification and comfort.” – T. B. Joshua
- “Saving us is the greatest and most concrete demonstration of God’s love, the definitive display of His grace throughout time and eternity.” – David Jeremiah
- “Thank you for being a wonderful pastor. We are deeply grateful for the hard work and sacrifice you make.”
“Thank you for being tenderhearted and compassionate in the face of grief and joy-filled events. Thank you for becoming part of our family, even when it demanded you to sacrifice time with your own family.”
- “Thank you for the extraordinary work you do of encouraging us and guiding us to the principles of God.”
- “The level of your wisdom and unwavering faith in Christ is what I have always admired. Thanks for all you do in the church and for the church.”
- “When it seemed I was far away from Jesus, you drew me back and helped me stay close and focus on him. Thank you for your timely attention, dear Pastor.”
- “You are a blessing to me and I thank God for the great and life-transforming message you deliver every Sunday to the church.”
- “Your messages are full of insight, revelation, and truth. Thank you for preaching the whole counsel of God. I am forever grateful.”
Pastor Appreciation Bible Verses
The Holy Bible.
- “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers.” — Ephesians 4:11
- “And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.” — Jeremiah 3:15
- “And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you. And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake, and be at peace among yourselves.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:12 – 5:13
- “Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader, and commander to the people.” — Isaiah 55:4
- “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” — 2 Timothy 2:15
- “Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.” — 1 Corinthians 9:14
- “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” — Isaiah 52:7
- “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?” — Romans 10:14
- “I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus.” — 1 Corinthians 1:4
- “Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.” — 1 Timothy 5:17
- “Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” — Hebrews 13:17
- “One who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” — Galatians 6:6 – 6:9
- “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” — 2 Timothy 4:2
- “Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.” — Hebrews 13:7
- “Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father.” — 1 Thessalonians 1:3
- “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.’ — Psalms 37:23
Words of Appreciation for a Pastors Anniversary
Thank your pastor for their years of dedicated service.
- And already it has been a year since you joined our church. We are so grateful to have someone like you in such an important position supporting us! You always encourage and pray for others, which makes all of your fellow members feel better too, especially when they need comforting or guidance about faith issues. Happy anniversary brother; may God bless each moment with His peace.
- God has been so good to you, Brother. We are all grateful for your leadership in our church and pray that He will continue blessings on both yourself & your family as you serve Him with vigor! Happy Anniversary, and may God abundantly bless each year of service you provide.
- Happy anniversary, Pastor! Thank you for being a part of our lives and changing the way we think about church. It has been an amazing 10 years since you joined us and in this time God really used your influence to bless not only yourself but also those around you, which makes today even more memorable on many levels.
- I hope the Lord has kept you well with your family, as we look forward to celebrate your 10th anniversary since you joined our church. I want to pray to our heavenly Father to keep you perfect peace as you serve in the vineyard with vigor. Since you joined our church, you have always encouraged us, prayed for us and even comforted when we are down. Happy 10th anniversary and God bless you
I know pastor that this one will take you by surprise, I was going through on one of my calendar of events and there is somewhere I had recorded the time you were posted in our church and was surprised to discover that today marks exactly 10 years since you joined us, within the period you have been of great benefit to us and God has really used you to bless us in a big way, we look forward to more years with us before Jesus comes the second time. Happy anniversary, Pastor.
- It’s been a pleasure serving with you these past 10 years. You’ve helped us through some tough times and always found time for God even in the midst of your busy schedule! We are looking forward to many more successful years with you guiding us through this world.
- Pastor, it’s been a great ten years and we’re looking forward to more of your leadership in our church. You’ve helped us through some tough times with prayerful support when needed the most! We are all so thankful that God has used you here on Earth as his messenger – please continue carrying out His work by serving Him until Jesus comes again. Happy Anniversary Pastor.
- This is the day that the Lord has made and given us, we have been praying for it and thank Father for making it happen, we are glad to join others as we mark the 20th year since you joined our church, when we look back, we can only say glory to God because of His grace and care given to us all through. We keep mentioning you in prayer and ask the heavenly Father to keep giving you revelation knowledge as you guide the church to higher heights of fishing the souls. Stay blessed Pastor.
- We are all thankful for your service to our church, especially during these past 10 years. We hope that the Lord keeps you well with family and friends alike as we celebrate this milestone! Thankful anniversary wishes come from everyone here at the Church – may He perpetually bless your life always.
- We are all very thankful today for the grace and mercy that God has given us. We pray especially since you have been with us through thick and thin, never wavering in your love or commitment to this church as its shepherd and prophet of our Lord Jesus Christ! Glory be unto Him forevermore because He deserves nothing less than praise from every creature whom he created.
- We are celebrating your 10th anniversary since joining our church. You have always encouraged us, prayed for us and comforted us when we need it most! I hope this year is filled with God’s perfect peace, because of all that you have done on behalf his word. Thanks for being the best we could have hoped for.
- We are so grateful for all of the ways that you have ministered to us throughout these past 20 years. We remember when we first met and how fascinated we were by your story. It’s amazing what God can do with someone who trusts Him like yourself! Bon anniversaire.
Related Reading: 150+ Genuine Thank You for Hospitality Message Examples
- We are so grateful to have you in our church. You always encourage us and help when we need it most, which is why God has blessed your anniversary with peace too!
- We are so grateful to have you in our church. You’ve been an encouragement and prayer companion ever since we welcomed you with open arms 10 years ago! We hope this anniversary is filled with many happy memories as well, because there’s nothing more meaningful than celebrating the Years of Service from people who care about God’s work just like yourself.
- We are so grateful today because the Lord has made and given us this day. For 20 years since you came into our lives, we have been praying for thanks, and He allowed that desire of ours! We’re glad that after all these many years, now seems like a good time to celebrate your faithfulness towards us here at church.
- We are so thankful for your service in our church these last ten years. You’ve always been there with a helping hand, lending words of encouragement and prayer when we needed them most. We cannot thank you enough!
Pastor Appreciation Message for Funeral Service
A family funeral service is never easy.
- I appreciate all you did for Robert’s funeral. The family wasn’t sure how to do anything for it and appreciated your advice and guidance on the service order. And thank you for having all the verses sung in the hymns. That detail was important to him.
- Thank you for coming to the funeral service and speaking at my aunt’s grave site. We really appreciated hearing from you, especially about accepting Jesus as our Savior – this will be something that Roberta would have wanted more than anything else in life! There were plenty of people there who hadn’t been saved yet; I hope your message made an impact on them too.
- Thank you for doing the funeral service for my grandma. I know you didn’t know her for long, being new to the church. She liked your sermons and requested that you perform her service in her final days. The family is grateful for your support as we continue to process Grandma’s passing.
- Thank you for talking at the funeral service for my aunt. The entire family appreciated your message, and we’re happy that it included accepting Jesus as our Savior. Roberta was friends with many unsaved folks that came to the service. I hope your message had an impact on them.
- Thank you for talking at the funeral service, and we really appreciated hearing from you during such a difficult time in our family’s life! My aunt Roberta was friends with many unsaved folks who came across her while she still lived here on earth; I know that accepting Jesus as Savior meant something special to her.
- Thank you for your beautiful words sharing the life of Roberta. She loved the Lord and hoped your message inspired at least a few people to take a closer look at how they are living. Thank you for being there for the family.
- The entire family thanks you for conducting the funeral service for Ellen. We appreciated the message and that you were able to say the prayer at the meal held afterward. Thank you for being there for us.
- We appreciate the time you spend helping us plan Robert’s funeral. Also, thank you for delivering the message and sharing stories about him. Having you as the pastor for his funeral meant a lot to him and to the entire family. You were his favorite pastor.
Related Reading: 200+ Thoughtful Honeymoon Card Messages for Newlywed Couples
- We appreciate your presence at the funeral service for my aunt. The entire family was happy to have you there, and we hope that your message about accepting Jesus as our Savior made an impact on those who came.
- We are grateful that you were available to perform the funeral when Robert died unexpectedly. We understand now why the funeral home recommended you so profoundly. Thank you for handling the situations with the family with grace and kindness.
- We are thankful for your service in handling the situation when Robert passed away. You showed grace and kindness throughout this difficult time, which has made a significant impact on our family’s wellbeing
- We are thankful that you were available to perform the funeral when Robert died unexpectedly. Thank you for handling everything with grace and kindness, especially in this difficult time of need!
- We are thankful that you were available to perform the funeral when Robert died unexpectedly. We understand now why your ministry was recommended so profoundly by everyone! Thank you for handling things with grace and kindness during such difficult times.
- We are thankful to have had you perform the funeral service when Robert died unexpectedly. We understand now why you were so highly recommended, and we appreciate all that went into his honoring with grace during such a difficult time in our lives.
- With heavy hearts, we appreciate your consideration and compassion in the wake of this tragedy. Thank you for going above and beyond to make sure that all arrangements were taken care of during such difficult times!
- You are a blessing to the family. Your message at my aunt’s funeral service helped so many people accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, and we appreciate your time in speaking with us today! It is true that there were some unsaved folks in attendance who heard what you had spoken about during Roberta’s memorial, and we hope that your words had an impact on them too.
- Your speech at the funeral service for my aunt Roberta was very touching and we appreciate your kind words. We were glad that you included accepting Jesus as our Savior in your message, because she would have liked knowing there is somebody out here who understands what she went through herself.
Pastor Appreciation Message for Wedding Service
Write your pastor a thank you note after a wedding.
- It was really wonderful having you lead our wedding ceremony. Your encouraging words were an important part of our special day. Thank you for getting our marriage off to a good start.
- Thank you for agreeing to be the pastor at our wedding! We know we haven’t known you for long, but it was wonderful to have you officiate. We’ll always remember your joyful attitude!
- Thank you for being a part of our wedding day. The ceremony was beautiful, and we appreciate your words during it. Thank you are for your contribution to our special day.
- Thank you for helping us plan the order of service for our wedding. It turned out just how we wanted it. We are thankful once again for your guidance!
- Thank you for performing our wedding ceremony. We were delighted to have you as part of our big day! The short message you gave was touching, and everyone enjoyed your jokes.
Thank you for performing our wedding ceremony. We were honored to have you as part of our big day. The short message was touching, and everyone liked your jokes.
- Thank you for sharing the beautiful verses in 1st Corinthians about love. These words will stick with us and serve as a reminder of the vows we made.
- We are ever so grateful to you for officiating our wedding! Thank you for keeping it short and to the point. You have an excellent way with words. Many family members told us later how much they enjoyed you as the pastor.
- We are thankful for all the time you spent with us for pre-marital counseling. We enjoyed getting to you know better. And thanks for a wonderful wedding ceremony!
- We are thankful for your experience with weddings! Thanks to you the ceremony was perfect. Thank you for your recommendations and guidance. Everything was just how we wanted it.
- We want to thank you for being the pastor at your wedding. Thank you for agreeing to marry us even though we haven’t known you for long. We will always remember your joyful attitude.
- We want to thank you for officiating our wedding. Everything went smoothly and was meaningful. Your delivery of explanation of the meaning of marriage was a very special part of the ceremony.
- We’re so grateful for your experience with weddings! Thanks to you, the ceremony was perfect. We appreciate your contributions to our special day.
- You were the perfect person to lead our wedding ceremony. It wouldn’t have been the same without you. You helped us stay relaxed and comfortable through the entire thing with your confidence and warm smile.