According to the World Health Organization, 280 million people suffer from depression globally. This mental health issue runs deeper than mood swings or feeling down. It can become a serious health condition that impedes one’s life. At its worst, depression can lead to suicide. It’s been estimated more than 700,000 people die of depression-related suicide.
But there is good news. Depression can be treated either with medication, counseling, or both. It can also be alleviated or averted with support, love, and a healthier mindset. These quotes are designed to help people understand depression in others. Whether someone you know at work or home is struggling these sayings can be the first step in turning things around.
- Quotes about Depression
- Depression Quotes for Him
- Depression Quotes for Her
- Depression Quotes that Help You Feel Better
- Funny Depression Quotes
- Depression Quotes for Family
- Depression Quotes for Husband
- Depression Quotes for Wife
- Depression Quotes for Work
- Depression Slogans
- How can you cope with feeling depressed?
Quotes about Depression
Let’s begin with some simple and insightful quotes about depression that encourage people to seek help.
- Depression can kill. Talk to someone who can help you.
- Fortunately, there are professionals who can help you deal with depression.
- It’s hard to explain depression to someone who hasn’t experienced it.
- Having an outlet is vital in dealing with depression.
- Remember, you are never alone. There’s always someone who will listen to you.
- Be courageous. It’s a powerful weapon against depression.
- Don’t keep your depression to yourself. Talk to someone you trust.
- Keep your hope alive. Professionals and trusted people are here to help you.
- You’re not alone. You are never alone.
- Always remember that mental health is as important as physical health.
- Nurture feelings of love, inspiration, and joy. These keep depression out of your head.
- Depression is a commonly diagnosed mental illness. That means it can be treated.
- Exercise when you’re feeling depressed. Remember, your emotions are neuro-chemically induced.
- “The hardest thing about depression is that it is addictive. It begins to feel uncomfortable not to be depressed. You feel guilty for feeling happy.” ―Pete Wentz
- “Depression is feeling like you’ve lost something but having no clue when or where you last had it. Then one day you realize what you lost is yourself.” —Unknown
- “Depression, suffering and anger are all part of being human.” – Janet Fitch
Depression Quotes for Him
Society expects men to be internally and externally strong. As a result, a lot of men lock in their feelings.
- Your boyfriend/husband needs you. Be there for him as he was for you.
- Men can be vulnerable too. Be there for him.
- Tough men can feel sad too. They can cry, feel vulnerable, and get depressed.
- Inactivity is a friend of depression.
- Take your man out for a romantic date. It’s an effective way to deal with his depression.
- Take time to relax, be with friends, and do something you love. Too much work can lead to depression.
- You know you’re good at work. So, stop thinking about it and just enjoy yourself.
- Avoid depression. Give yourself time to let go, relax, and have fun.
Related Reading: 167+ Positivity Quotes to Give You a Boost at Work and Life
- Be in good shape and be confident about yourself. It’s a simple but effective way to combat depression.
- As tough, strong, and brave as your man is, he needs support and understanding.
- Hugs and kisses are both wonderful and powerful for him.
- Kind words are a balm to a man’s heart.
- “I often say that the opposite of depression is not happiness but vitality.” – Andrew Solomon
- “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “A big part of depression is feeling really lonely, even if you’re in a room full of a million people.” —Lilly Singh
Depression Quotes for Her
According to studies, women are more vulnerable to depression than men.
- Hold on to hope. It gets you through your depression.
- Talk to a trusted someone. Unburden yourself with him or her. It helps a lot.
- Don’t wait for the pressure to build up. Talk to someone or seek professional help.
- You may be bent and battered. But you’re not broken.
- You are never powerless, even in the face of depression.
- Don’t say you have depression. Tell yourself, “I battle depression.”
- Healing starts from within.
- You are fighting a battle no one knows about. You’re a winner.
- With love and support, you will win the battle against depression.
- Burn away depression using the flames of love.
- You’re a woman! You have the strength! You have the power!
- Cry your heart out. It’s okay. Tears wash away your sorrow.
- God knows what’s going on with you. He will help you.
- “No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
Depression Quotes that Help You Feel Better
Depression can bring you down to the depths of sadness and despair. These quotes will help lift you up.
- Endorphins are the best anti-depressants. You get those by being physically active.
- Depression is real. But so are treatments and support.
- Feel free to feel what you feel. Someone will understand.
- You are amazing, wonderful, and beautiful even if you feel you don’t want to be.
- You’re about to start a grander journey. Keep fighting.
- Don’t choke on your sadness.
- Good days are coming as sure as the sun rises in the morning.
- Be happy. Every day is a new promise.
- Tears are both for sadness and happiness.
- Are you sure you’re depressed? What I see are strength and resilience.
- You have the ability to see the brightness of tomorrow through the darkness of today.
- The walls you build around you also prevent happiness from coming in. Open your gates.
- It’s okay to be sad. But you have to rise up whether by yourself or with the help of others.
- “You don’t have to live a lie. Living a lie wil