Autism, also known as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), is a complex developmental characteristic that impacts social skills, communication, relationships, and self-regulation. Defined by a set of behavior, autism affects different people in different ways.
Autism awareness is designed to help people understand that autistic children and adults are not disabled, but behavior is different. With around 1.85% of the population of the United States suffering from autism, the prevalence of cases has tripled in the last 20 years to reach a total of around 3.5 million Americans.
Campaigns that help raise awareness about Autism Awareness are increasing across the country with April being the annual Autism Awareness Month. In light of the ongoing campaigns for Autism Awareness, I’ve compiled a collection of the best Autism Awareness slogans, quotes, and sayings to help you get the word out.
- Autism Awareness Campaign Slogans
- Autism Awareness Sayings
- Autism Slogans Perfect for T-Shirts
- Autism Speaks Slogans
- Autism Quotes
- Positive Phrases to Describe Autism
Autism Awareness Campaign Slogans
Slogans are one of the best marketing strategies, and they work just as well with campaigns for such things as Autism, bringing the topic to mind and being very memorable. So for your latest campaign on Autism Awareness, check out our awesome list of slogans to make people more aware.
- Advocate Educate Love Accept.
- Always Unique Totally Interesting Sometimes Mysterious.
- Autism acceptance is end to autism awareness campaigns.
- Autism impacts the nervous system, Support Autism awareness!
- Autism is just a part of the person affected, he is more interesting than this.
- Autism must be embraced.
- Autism doesn’t demand a cure, it yearns for care.
- Awareness brings courage to accept.
- Being different isn’t difficult.
- Different is not disabled.
- Encourage, motivate and accept.
- Love and acceptance.
- Love the differently-abled.
- Let’s learn a little more about each other.
- Love them a little more.
- There’s no cure, therefore accept Autism.
- They deserve the same attention.
Autism Awareness Sayings
Sayings can be a powerful tool to educate audiences about Autism. They are short, punchy, and informative. Here are some sayings on Autism Awareness to help a campaign. Some people even tattoo these sayings on their bodies permanently.
- Autistic children don’t misbehave, they try to adjust.
- Autism is a variable disorder.
- Too strong to fail.
- Until all the pieces fit.
- Autism is not a disease, it’s a disorder.
- Respect the differences.
- Not being able to speak is not the same as not having anything to say.
- Autism is not a tragedy… ignorance is.
- Autism is not an epidemic, it’s doesn’t spread.
- I wouldn’t change you for the world.
- I love someone with Autism.
- Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.
- Autism is nothing to run away from.
- Autism makes a child extraordinary.
- Autism needs support and awareness.
- We see the world differently.
- Love needs no words.
- Autism: Be aware. Be understanding.
- Define normal.
- Autism: Being Different can be a Good Thing.
- Autism: Embrace Differences.
- Autism: Seeing the world from the different angle.
- Autistic lives do matter.
- Autistic rights are human rights.
- Autistics are unique.
- Not fighting Autism, Working with it.
Autism Slogans Perfect for T-Shirts
Want to reach as people as possible with a message? Then just give out t-shirts with slogans and sayings on them. This is a way to transform individuals into walking and talking billboards. T-shirt lettering is a long-standing guerrilla marketing tactic to express a message. Here are my best ideas that can fit on a shirt.
- Acceptance is a solution.
- Autism doesn’t makes me an Alien.
- Autism is just a part of me, I am more interesting.
- Autism is My Super power!
- Autism is part of who I am.
- Autistic and proud.
Related Reading: 201+ Courageous Slogans and Quotes that Inspire Action
- Be a supporter, not a leg puller.
- Differently abled, not disabled.
- Don’t ignore , don’t stare. I am different, not strange.
- Don’t stare, you can’t see my Extra Chromosome.
- I am Autistic and can understand everything, why can’t you?
- I am Autistic, not weird.
- I can’t keep calm, I’m Autistic.
- I have autism and I think you’re weird too.
- I’m different and I’m happy.
- Love us the way we are.
- Someone with Autism loves me.
Autism Speaks Slogans
Autism Speaks is a way to help people to understand the communication issues of those with Autism. These are slogans you can use for an Autism Awareness campaign.
- Autism speaks clearly to all who listen.
- Autism speaks, it’s time to listen.
- Autism speaks, try to understand it
- Don’t let awareness make you afraid of acceptance.
- I am not a puzzle, I am a person.
- I can’t speak properly, please try to understand me.
- Just because I can’t talk doesn’t mean I don’t understand.
- Listen to me, I have Autism.
- Not being able to speak is not the same as not having anything to say.
- Seeing the world from a different angle.
- Solving the puzzle, one piece at a time.
- Until all the pieces fit…
- You laugh because I’m different.. I laugh because you’re the same.
- Autism is not an add on.
- It’s difficult to understand Autism completely until you live with it.
- Let’s talk candidly about Autism.
- Give me the space to perform my best.
Autism impacts millions of people around the world. Here are some of the best quotes from celebrities and moms of kids on the spectrum to inspire and uplift.
- “Anything Is possible! If I can do it, so can you!” – Dani Bowman
- “At the end of the day, we don’t dream our lives…WE LIVE THEM!” – Anthony Ianni
- “Autism can’t define me. I define autism.” – Kerry Magro
- “Autism doesn’t have to define a person. Artists with autism are like anyone else: They define themselves through hard work and individuality.” – Adrienne Bailon, Artist
- “Autism is not something my son has. It is integral to who he is. Eliminate the autism, and you eliminate him.” – Autism mom
“Autism is part of my child. It’s not everything he is. My child is so much more than a diagnosis.” – S.L. Coelho
- “Autism is part of who I am.” – Dr. Temple Grandin
- “Autism offers a chance for us to glimpse an awe-filled vision of the world that might otherwise pass us by.” – Dr. Colin Zimbleman
- “Children with autism are colorful- they are often beautiful, and like the rainbow, they stand out” – Adele Devine
Related Reading: 200+ Powerful Slogans about Freedom and Loving America
- “Everyone has a mountain to climb and autism has not been my mountain, it has been my opportunity for victory.” – Rachel Barcellona
- “God found some of the strongest women and made them autism moms” – Unknown
- “I might hit developmental and societal milestones in a different order than my peers, but I am able to accomplish these small victories on my own time.” – Haley Moss
“If they can’t learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn” – O. Ivar Lovaas
- “Schools connect children to their communities. Jobs connect adults to their societies. Persons with autism deserve to walk the same path.” – Ban Ki-moon
- “The most interesting people you’ll find are ones that don’t fit into your average cardboard box. They’ll make what they need, they’ll make their own boxes.” – Dr. Temple Grandin
- “Wanting to be free. Wanting to be me. Trying to make people see. And accept the real me.” – Scott Lentine
- “What makes a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world and learning.” – Chuck Grassley
- ”A child with autism is not ignoring you, they are simply waiting for you to enter their world.” – Autism Treatment Center of America®
Positive Phrases to Describe Autism
Autism has long been viewed negatively by people. Much of this has to do with misunderstanding. But there are ways to show Autism in a more positive light. One way is to avoid phrases like “disabled” in favor of “differently-abled.”
- A child with autism is not ignoring you, they are simply waiting for you to enter their world.
- Autism doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a parent that never gives up.
- Autism is as much a part of humanity as is the capacity to dream.
- Autism is really more of a difference to be worked with rather than a monolithic enemy that needs to be slain or destroyed.
- Autism offers a chance for us to glimpse an awe-filled vision of the world that might otherwise pass us by.
- Autism rocks and rolls and spins and flaps and twirls!
- Children with autism are colorful- they are often beautiful, and like the rainbow, they stand out.
- Do not fear people with Autism, embrace them. Do not spite people with Autism, unite them. Do not deny people with Autism, accept them for then their abilities will shine.
Related Reading: 200+ Healthy Eating Slogans and Quotes That Inspire Lifestyle Change
- If they can’t learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn.
- If you’ve met one person with autism, you’ve met one person with autism.
- It takes a village to raise a child. It takes a child with autism to raise the consciousness of the village.
- People with AUTISM… do not lie, do not judge, do not play mind games. Maybe we can learn something from them.
- Some people with autism may not be able to speak or answer to their name, but they can still hear your words and feel your kindness.
- There is nothing stronger than a parent’s love for their child. Celebrate yourself for all you are doing to help your child with autism.
- While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
- Autism is anti boring, they keep you indulged.
Let’s work together to raise awareness for the needs of people living with Autism, no matter where folks fall on the spectrum. The more we understand about each other, the more harmonious we can live together.