The Supreme Court of the United States just overturned the Roe v. Wade decision meaning abortion is no longer a guarantee for women. Not surprisingly, many companies and individuals are weighing in with their perspectives on this landmark decision.
While most people are repulsed at the thought of terminating an unborn life, many accept the reasons why the option is necessary. These people define this viewpoint as pro-choice and believe each woman has 100% choice over what happens to her body. Thus, a woman has the right to abort an unwanted child. Let’s explore what pro-choice advocates have to say with these slogans and quotes about the topic that has risen to the forefront of our public consciousness yet again.
- Pro-Choice Slogans
- Pro-Choice Quotes
- Pro-Choice Protest Sign and Poster Examples
- Abortion Slogans
- Pro-Choice Sayings
- Abortion Right Slogans
- Abortion Clinic Slogans
- Abortion Movement Slogans
- Abortion Law Quotes
- Pro-Life Quotes
- Pro-Life Slogans
- Abortion Statistics
Let’s start off with some powerful pro-choice slogans that can be plastered on a sign or poster.
- This is my body.
- My body, my right, my choice
- You don’t tell me what I have to do.
- Who are you to tell me what I’ll do with my body?
- No more overpopulation.
- I’m doing my part in fighting against overpopulation.
- I don’t have to suffer the consequences of unwanted pregnancy.
- We’re also victims, you know.
- My choice for the future
- The future is in my hands
- It’s my choice
- I’m taking responsibility.
- Reproductive health includes everything, including safe, legal abortion.
- You have no right over me.
- Stop it if I say so.
- Stop trampling on my right to choose
- My right to choose
- I value my health. I value my choice.
- I control my own life.
- I cannot be free if people have control over my body.
Let’s explore what the other side has to say about abortion rights.
- “It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.” —Anonymous
- “You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion.” —Hillary Clinton
- “How come when it’s us, it’s an abortion, and when it’s a chicken, it’s an omelet?” —George Carlin
- “Worse than aborting is birthing in instability.” ― Abhijit Naskar
- “Listen to the pregnant woman and you cannot help but defend her right to abortion.” —Ayelet Waldman
- “Until the state or the church takes full responsibility for a newborn, no bill or bible is qualified to even offer suggestions on a woman’s right to abortion.” ― Abhijit Naskar
- “Seventy-seven percent of anti-abortion leaders are men. 100% of them will never be pregnant.” —Planned Parenthood ad
- “The abortion debate is more about power and control than the fate of a zygote.” ― Thor Benson
“If we lived in a culture that valued women’s autonomy and in which men and women practiced cooperative birth control, the abortion issue would be moot.” — Christiane Northrup
- “The truth is, everyone is pro-life and everyone is pro-choice. There is no real conflict between these two values.” ― Leland Lewis
- “No woman wants an abortion as she wants an ice cream cone or a Porsche. She wants an abortion as an animal caught in a trap wants to gnaw off its own leg.” —Frederica Mathewes-Green
- “Abortion is the insurance against that fate worse than death which is called a family.” —Peter Kreeft
- “No woman can call herself free who does not control her own body.” —Margaret Sanger
“If one in three or four American women had an abortion at some time in her life—a common statistical estimate, even in those days of illegality—-then why should this single surgical procedure be deemed a criminal act?” ― Gloria Steinem
- “My body, my decision. Whether I choose birth or abortion.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Most of my fellow citizens are the sorry consequences of uncommitted abortions.” —Karl Kraus
- “No woman has an abortion for fun.” —Elizabeth Joan Smith
- “How can we talk about the rights of a fertilized egg when we don’t care enough to see that every child is born into a stable, safe, and nurturing environment?” ― Rebecca Warner
- “I should have been an abortion. The only reason I wasn’t was that my father was a Christian.” —Neko Case
Pro-Choice Protest Sign and Poster Examples
Are you thinking about pro-choice protest text for your signs and posters? Check these out.
- No one tells me what to do.
- You’re you. I’m me. Remember that.
- What gives you the right to my choice?
- Abortion should be accessible to every woman.
- Each woman chooses what she does with her body.
- I owe the world nothing when it comes to my fertility.
- It’s not alive until Week 27.
- A ball of cells is not yet a baby.
- Pro-life is a lie.
- I stand with planned parenthood.
- We’re not in Medieval times.
Related Reading: 300+ Data Privacy Slogans and Quotes That Make You Smarter
- Women not having their own decisions is so backward.
- This is my body, not anyone else’s.
- You don’t care if a woman dies.
- Have you forgotten that I’m free to make my own choices?
- Freedom is my God-given right.
- Keep abortion available, safe, and legal.
- This is not a woman’s Wild West.
- Keep your prayers off me.
- How dare you trample on our rights.
If you are for abortion as a woman’s choice then any of these slogans are perfect for your posters, flyers, signs, and other paraphernalia.
- Abortion should be legal.
- Legal, safe abortion should be a choice.
- There are times when you have to abort.
- Make abortion available.
- An unborn baby dies and it’s not okay, but a mother dies and it’s okay?
- Don’t tell women what to do with their bodies.
- Cease the war on women’s rights.
- Pro-choice is our fight for our rights.
- I don’t have to carry something I don’t want.
- This is not my choice. It’s my rapist’s choice.
- Stop those stupid abortion bans.
- Mind your own reproductive organs.
- This is my uterus. Keep yourself out of it.
- Sometimes, we need an abortion to survive.
- You must be some kind of stupid to think that a zygote has a conscience.
- It’s still a zygote, not a human being.
- I didn’t want it. Take it off me.
- Tell your no-to-abortion crusades to rape victims.
- I lost my wife because you denied her an abortion that could have saved her life.
- I don’t want to go backward in time.
Women have the right to exercise their own choice. Tell that to the world with these pro-choice sayings.
- Women deserve better; women deserve choice.
- Let women have their own lives and trust the process.
- I’m a woman. I have the power.
- Abortion has always been a fact of life.
- May the choice be with you.
- The choice is strong with you.
- Don’t use your policies on my body
- Why do we have more bans than guns?
- Heck, why don’t you ban guns?
- Stop it with the tyranny.
- Don’t let tyrants control you.
- Real men support women’s rights.
- Men have responsibilities too.
- Undisciplined men cause 100% of all unplanned pregnancies.
- It has always been my choice.
- You have a choice.
- No one can stop you.
- My choice is none of your business.
- I don’t trample on your choices or beliefs. Why would you do that on mine?
- Your disrespect of me wanting control over my own body staggers me.
Abortion Right Slogans
Many believe that abortion should be a right. If you’re one of them, then use any of these slogans.
- I’m happy about my abortion.
- I have a right to my own uterus.
- You don’t want abortions? Have men undergo mandatory vasectomy.
- Me wanting an abortion is none of your business.
- You don’t have the right to my choices.
- If abortion will preserve my health and life, I’ll do it.
- You can’t force me to own what I don’t like.
- An irresponsible man did this to me. Not my own doing.
- Stop treating women as if they’re baby manufacturing plants.
- How can you know anything about someone else’s body?
- You don’t know me. Stop attempting control over me.
- Don’t impose your beliefs on me.
- If you don’t like the fact that I had an abortion, then don’t come into my life.
- How dare you stop me from doing what I need to do for myself.
- Birth control is safe. It’s the ultimate solution to overpopulation.
- I chose to abort. I’m happy with my choice.
- I had an abortion, and I’m glad I did.
- Safe and legal abortion gave me my life back.
- For heaven’s sake, it’s still a clump of cells.
- You cannot force me to have a child.
Abortion Clinic Slogans
Do you run or are planning to operate an abortion clinic? Any of these slogans should let your patients know that you empathize with them.
- We respect your choice.
- Your body is your choice.
- You’re the only one that can make this decision.
- Gallant caretakers for you.
- We understand what you’re going through.
- Safe, reliable, legal in most states.
- Your health and safety are paramount to us.
- Brining equity to your life.
- You can trust us.
- We empower women from all races and economic backgrounds.
- Safety, legality, privacy.
- This is your moment.
- Helping you give your life back.
- Follow your heart. We’ve got your back.
- Defending your life.
- This is a no judgement clinic.
- Your body is your own.
- Solving overpopulation one woman at a time.
- Where accidents unhappen.
- Solving unwanted pregnancies responsibly.
- You’re a lioness.
- Don’t be afraid.
- We’ll take care of you.
- Our promise, your life.
Abortion Movement Slogans
Here are some more pro-abortion slogans that you might want to use.
- No to no choice.
- Yes to safe and legal abortion.
- Women have choices too.
- Women matter.
- Defend women’s rights.
- Goodbye, rapist’s child.
- Make abortion safe and legal.
- I’m all for abortion. It’s our choice.
- Don’t tread on my choice.
- Can you imagine raising a child that a rapist forced upon you?
- Can we please trash archaic values and beliefs?
- Correct, right, moral—they’re all relative.
- You shall not mess with our rights.
- Abortion is actually health care.
- Abortion should be included in health care policies.
- I choose whether I want to have a baby or not.
- Forced birth is equal to violence.
- I’m not obliged to bear a child.
- We don’t spit babies.
Abortion Law Quotes
- “The “right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” begins with “life”, and “life” begins at conception.” ― AE Samaan
- “The lie that abortion is murder is right-wing propaganda designed to demonize Democrats.” – Oliver Markus Malloy
- “Many of us were the unplanned children of talented, creative women whose lives had been changed by unplanned and unwanted pregnancies.” – Bell Hooks
- “All you Trump fans are gonna be really pissed off when your condom breaks and your sister can’t get an abortion.” ― Oliver Markus Malloy
- “Reproductive freedom is critical to a whole range of issues.” – Faye Wattleton
“Governments who manipulate population growth have two choices: making maternity pleasant, or making it inescapable.” ― Kate Millett
- “I am a human being and, mother or not, as a person, it is my basic human right to control, plan, and choose the size of my family. I wish this right for all people” ― Various
- “If someone starts throwing around stupid words like ‘it’s a gift’ or ‘it’s in God’s plan,’ you come right here, and I’ll find you ten ways in which it isn’t.” ― EK Johnston
- “The Vatican won’t prosecute pedophile priests but I decide I’m not ready for motherhood and it’s condemnation for me? These are the same people that won’t support national condom distribution that prevents teenage pregnancy.”― Sonya Renee Taylor
Related Reading: 50+ Awesome Out of the Office Email Messages to Set Before Vacation
- “Why must the woman apologize for not having a baby just because she happened to get pregnant? It’s as if we think motherhood is the default setting for a woman’s life…and she needs a note from God not to say yes to every zygote that knocks on her door.”― Katha Pollitt
- “The fetus wished to live. But the power of its life-or its death-had to reside with the mother.”― Joyce Carol Oates
The anti-abortion position is in fact an anti-choice position, imposing, or attempting to impose, particular beliefs on all women.” ― Michèle Barrett,
- “A woman’s right to choose — yes, I believed in that, theoretically and actually.”― Julian Barnes
- “Abortion is legal almost everywhere, not because people all over the world love to kill babies for fun, but because a fetus is not a baby.”― Oliver Markus Malloy
- “In Trump’s America, a uterus is more heavily regulated than an assault weapon.” ― Fuad Alakbarov
- “If we can’t take charge of this most personal aspect of our lives, we can’t take care of anything. It should not be seen as a privilege or as a benefit, but a fundamental human right.” ― Faye Wattleton
- “I cannot understand anti-abortion arguments that centre on the sanctity of life. As a species we’ve fairly comprehensively demonstrated that we don’t believe in the sanctity of life” – Caitlin Moran
- “We witnessed their bitterness, their rage, their disappointment with their lot in life and we were clear that there could be no genuine sexual liberation for women and men without better, safer contraceptives, without the right to a safe, legal abortion.” – Bell Hooks
- “Abortion is legal all over the world because a fetus without a cerebral cortex cannot think or feel before the 27th week.” – Oliver Markus Malloy
- “Millions of deaths would not have happened if it weren’t for the consumption of alcohol. The same can be said about millions of births.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
What do famous and influential people say something about preserving the life of an unborn child?
- “There is no such thing as illegitimate children, only illegitimate parents.” ― J Adam Snyder
- “The fundamental human right, the presupposition of every other right, is the right to life itself. ― Pope Benedict XVI
- “No, I’m the human here. I’m the life at stake. I’m the one with fingernails, who feels pain. Me.” ― Alicen Grey
* “I’m pro-choice. But I hope that choice will be life.” ― Rush Limbaugh
- “We do not believe in murder! We believe in convenience in our careers, in our cuisine, in our kills, and in our definitions.” ― Danielle Valenilla
“Adoption was such a positive alternative to abortion, a way to save one life and brighten two more: those of the adoptive parents.” ― George Bush
- “If you are against abortions, don’t have one.” ― Scott Andrews
- “The greatest destroyer and love and peace is abortion.” — Mother Teresa
- “It’s not that the preborn matter more, but that they matter just as much. ” — Anonymous
- “Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. “- Catechism of the Catholic Church 2270
Related Reading: 200+ Stay Strong Messages and Quotes for Tough Times
- “The legislature should do all it can to protect human life.” – Sarah Palin
- “For decades, the pro-life movement has focused on scientific evidence and ethical arguments.” – Michael Knowles
- “The notion that those of us that are pro-life because we love children – is that so terrible? Really? Is that so terrible?” – Ken Cuccinelli
“Abortion, consequently, cannot be a human right—it is the very opposite. It is a deep wound in society.” – Pope Benedict XVI
- “I accept that the unborn is a human life with rights.” – Leo Varadkar
- “To love your neighbor is to take special concern for those who are vulnerable and who would otherwise be overlooked.” — Jim Daly
- “The ‘life’ in ‘pro-life’ denotes not the quality of life, but life itself.” – John Shimkus
- “I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion is already born.” -Ronald Reagan
- “I’m pro-life. I’ll do all I can to see every baby is created with a future and potential.” – Sarah Palin
- “You can’t reconcile being pro-life on abortion and pro-death on the death penalty.” – NT Wright
It’s also important to understand other people’s perspective on social issues.
- All children deserve life.
- That’s a life growing in your belly.
- Are you really going to murder an innocent child?
- No abortion is safe.
- Abortion should be illegal.
- Abortion is murder.
- Give your child a future.
- You don’t have a right to kill your own child.
- Pro-choice is not pro-life.
- You can’t say you love life but you’re pro on abortion.
- A life is growing in you. Give it a future.
- Abortion is destroying our future.
- Remember—the child inside you can shape your dream world.
- Imagine being defenseless amidst a killing stroke.
- You don’t kill a newborn.
- Stop the killing.
- Don’t murder babies.
- The person growing in your belly is precious.
- Only God can choose who lives or dies.
- The unborn have rights.
According to the World Health Organization, millions of people all over the world have undergone abortions. The reasons are varied. Perhaps the infant inside the mother’s womb is threatening her health (e.g. a stillborn) and must be aborted. Perhaps the female has been sexually harassed, and she doesn’t want to have anything to do with the baby. Perhaps the woman isn’t financially or emotionally ready to have a child after a one-night affair.
- According to the World Health Organization, abortion is a common health intervention. Around 73 million abortions per year are induced all around the world.
- 61% of all unintended pregnancies end in induced abortion.
- In a 2013 United Nations report, nine countries have a higher reported abortion rate than the US: Bulgaria, Cuba, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, Sweden, and Ukraine.
- 86% of all abortions are done by unmarried women.
- The Guttmacher Institute surveyed more than a thousand post-abortive women all over the US. For these women (25%), the main reason for undergoing abortion is that they were not ready to conceive and raise a child.