Whether you’re an employee or business owner, Tax Day is probably not a date on the calendar you look forward to. Unless you’re expecting some type of a refund, no one enjoys filing tax returns. Depending on the situation, the process can be both time consuming and stressful.
As a law-abiding citizen, however, it’s your duty to you pay the right amount of taxes and file your returns on time. Here are some slogans and quotes that will help make the process feel more tolerable.
Tax Day Slogans
Tax Day Slogans.
To start off, here are some simple slogans and phrases about tax days.
- Taxes are necessary for every government.
- Taxes provide the funds for our roads.
- Remember, we can’t exist without taxes.
- Pay your taxes and be a responsible citizen.
- Do your duty as a citizen.
- Paying taxes is a responsibility.
- Paying taxes dutifully means that you’re a good, law-abiding citizen.
- Do you know that you pay taxes every day?
- Do you want national progress? Pay your taxes.
- Development equals taxes.
- File your income tax promptly.
- Your taxes go a long way.
Tax Day Quotes
What do famous people say about taxes and Tax Day?
- “Like mothers, taxes are often misunderstood, but seldom forgotten.” – Lord Bramwell
- “The best things in life are tax-free.” – Joseph Bonkowski
- “The payment of taxes gives a right to protection.” – James Wayne
- “New York State is upside down and backward; high taxes and low performance.” – Andrew Cuomo
- “Today, it takes more brains and effort to make out the income-tax form than it does to make the income.” – Alfred Neuman
“Taxation is the price which civilized communities pay for the opportunity of remaining civilized.” – Albert Bushnell Hart
- “They can’t collect legal taxes from illegal money.” – Al Capone
- “A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.” – unknown
- “Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” – Ronald Reagan
- “I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- “Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction written today.” – Herman Wouk
- “The hardest thing in the world to understand is income tax.” – Albert Einstein
Einstein was right.
Funny Tax Day Slogans
No one likes to pay taxes. Here are a few slogans that remind us that we are all in this together.
- It’s tax day. It’s pretty taxing.
- Uncle Sam is a really greedy uncle.
- Wait… I thought my taxes were being cut last year.
- Taxes: you pay it, and they waste it.
- A few things I’d rather be doing than paying taxes: going to the doctor, visiting the dentist, mowing my lawn, watching paint dry. Should I continue?
- Dear IRS, kindly delete me from your mailing list.
- It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s Taxman!
- Fine, tax me.
- My Uncle Sam doesn’t send me a birthday card even though I send him a portion of my paycheck every two weeks.
- Prepare your tax report.
- It’s not as bad as it seems.
- I thought filing taxes was supposed to be easy.
- No taxes, no government.
- Tax day is entertaining, to say the least.
- You just got to love tax day.
- It’s yours and theirs.
- It’s the best time to teach about taxes.
Thanks for fixing.
Funny Tax Day Quotes
Even the rich, powerful, and famous have something funny—or sarcastic—to say about taxes and Tax Day.
- “The best way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30% of their ice cream” – Bill Murray
- “For every tax problem, there is a solution which is straightforward, uncomplicated-and wrong.” – unknown
- “The tax collector must love poor people, he’s creating so many of them.” – Bill Vaughan
- “Trying to do your own taxes is like a do-it-yourself mugging.” – unknown
- “When there’s a single thief, it’s robbery. When there are a thousand thieves, it’s taxation.” – Vanya Cohen
- “Death and taxes may be inevitable, but they shouldn’t be related.” – JC Watts
“It’s income tax time again, Americans: time to gather up those receipts, get out those tax forms, sharpen up that pencil, and stab yourself in the aorta.” – Dave Barry
- “I’m proud to pay taxes in the United States; the only thing is, I could be just as proud for half the money.” – Arthur Godfrey
- “The best things in life are free, but sooner or later the government will find a way to tax them.” – unknown
- “People who complain about taxes can be divided into two classes: men and women.” – Unknown
- “The best measure of a man’s honesty isn’t his income tax return. It’s the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.” – Arthur Clarke
- “The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.” – Mark Twain
Tax One Liners
Check out these one-liners about the benefits of taxes.
- Obey the law and pay taxes.
- This is where your taxes go.
- Can I write this off?
- Pay taxes. Change the country.
- Your responsibility to the country begins today.
- Through taxes we’ll grow.
Related Reading: 101+ Research Quotes and Slogans that Promote Discovery
- Taxes are not evil.
- Be happy you’re taxed.
- Taxation occurs everywhere.
- I’m listing this as a business expense.
- No nation without taxes.
- With your taxes, we’ll become great people.
- A great nation starts with responsible taxpayers.
- No harm in paying your taxes.
It’s the right way.
Funny Tax One Liners
We can make paying taxes a bit more tolerable with humor.
- Don’t tax me!
- Call me a taxidermist.
- It’s the taxman!
- Can’t tax this.
- Not tax again!
- How many taxes do I pay? I lost track.
- Increase my taxes and you cut my budget.
- Go tax me.
- Nothing lasts forever except taxes.
- No tax, no problem.
- Double my taxes and triple my pain.
- How much do I tax thee?
- No such thing as tax-free nowadays.
- Does the taxman get taxed?
- We’re taxees!
Movie Quotes about Taxes
Many movies mention taxes. Some may even feature taxation, finance, and the economy as the central story. Here are some noteworthy movie quotes concerning taxes.
- “Death and taxes” – Death, Meet Joe Black
- “Greetings from your friendly neighborhood tax collector” – The Sheriff Of Nottingham, Robin Hood
- “Grandma, you didn’t pay your taxes?” – Happy Gilmore, Happy Gilmore
“One thing is true of all governments: The most reliable records are tax records.” – V, V for Vendetta
- “A heavy tax shall be levied against all parasites and sponges.” – Professor Ratigan, The Great Mouse Detective
- “There were good people who could ill afford the cruel tax about to be imposed upon them. And there were others.” – The Narrator, The Little Drummer Boy
Related Reading: 352+ Retail Store Slogans and Taglines that Drive Sales
- “Taxes, taxes, taxes.” – Alan-a-Dale, Robin Hood
- “President to ask for more taxes. So, what else is news?” – George Jetson, The Jetsons
“This part of my life is called Paying Taxes. If you didn’t pay ‘em, the government could stick their hands into your bank account and take your money.” – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
- “Uncle Sam! He puts his hand in your shirt and squeezes your tit till it’s purple.” – Byron Hadley, The Shawshank Redemption
- “Department of Internal Revenue, you know, income tax. -Oh yes, yes. -We thought you were gangsters.” Flame O’Neill, Champagne for Caesar
- “I should’ve committed highway robbery to get that tax money for you.” – Ashley Wilkes, Gone with the Wind
Inspirational Quotes for Tax Season
- Don’t worry. Your tax will be put to good use.
- Where do you think we’ll get the funds for national development?
- Your taxes go back to you.
- The benefits of taxing outweigh its disadvantages.
- Are you enjoying government benefits? That’s because of your taxes.
- Taxes can make national aspirations come true.
- “Read my lips: no new taxes.” – George Bush
- “No government can exist without taxation. This money must necessarily be levied on the people; and the grand art consists of levying so as not to oppress.” – Frederick the Great
- “Count the day won when, turning on its axis, this earth imposes no additional taxes.” – Franklin Adams
- “Taxes are paid in the sweat of every man who labors.” – Franklin Roosevelt
- “Man is not like other animals in the ways that are really significant: animals have instincts, we have taxes.” – Erving Goffman
- “To tax and to please, no more than to love and to be wise, is not given to men.” – Edmund Burke
Paying Taxes Slogans
We do the tax computing.
We need to pay taxes so the government to can function and provide all sorts of services that benefit us. Here are some quotes to encourage you to pay your fair share.
- Pay your taxes on time. It helps our government operate.
- Save yourself from headaches by paying your taxes.
- The law says you shall be taxed.
- Taxes make the world go round.
- If you want to help society, then pay taxes.
- Paying taxes on time is the right way.
- It’s tax time! File now to avoid penalties.
- Paying taxes on time is our future.
- Pay on time and don’t delay.
- Taxes are solutions. Taxes help the underprivileged of our society.
- No pay, no benefit.
- Time is of the essence to get your taxes done.
Tax Advertising Slogans
Is your business offering tax-related services? If so, use these slogans to promote the business.
- Solving problems with taxes.
- We help regular people get bigger returns.
- Making your taxes work for you.
- When it comes to tax handling, we’re the best.
- Solving tax problems cleanly.
- Our tax preparation services provide audit protection.
- The tax service of tomorrow. Time to get into the 21st century.
- We’ve been offsetting revenues in 1972.
- Your utmost tax service provider here for you year round.
- We live, breath, and eat taxes for lunch.
- We’re your tax partners. You can trust us.
- Superb tax consultation with superior trust.
Sales Tax Slogans
Here are some more slogans if you’re offering sales-tax-related services.
- Everything you buy is taxed anyway.
- Making the most of sales tax.
- Your sales tax helps improve infrastructure.
- Sales tax the friendly way.
- Ensuring proper sales taxes.
- Your sales tax stays in the local community.
- The tax of tomorrow.
- Leveling up for tax service.
- Taxation done right.
- The right sales tax.
- You do the selling, and we do the tax computing.
- Sell better and create a larger tax base for our community.
Taxes make the world go round.
Income Tax Slogans
Use these slogans if you’re offering services that ease up the filing of income tax.
- How much income tax is taken out of your paycheck?
- The price for freedom and democracy is income tax.
- Income tax: Good governance show up on your paystub each week.
- We help you with your income and taxes
- Working your taxes all the way.
- Your income may not be large, but we’ll still tax it.
- Thorough work on your tax details.
- No figure left unchecked.
- Accuracy guaranteed. We’ll double check your filing from previous years.
- Your income tax partner.
- No need to stress yourself over income tax.
- Your ultimate solution in income tax filing.
- Tax Day experts that are available all year long.
- More income, less tax.
What is Tax Day? How Did it Start?
It’s almost time to file again.
In the US, Tax Day, which usually falls on or just after April 15. Tax day marks the deadline by which tax returns of working individuals are due and must be submitted to the federal government, unless you file or an extension or want to pay a penalty. Tax Day was first introduced and observed in 1913 during the ratification of the Sixteenth Amendment.
Federal income tax was originally introduced in 1861 to fund the Civil War. At first, tax returns were not voluntary and were based on assessments as per the Revenue Act. Then in 1895, the Supreme Court decided that the Act violates the Constitution’s rule that “direct taxes be apportioned among the states.”
Related Reading: 581+ Accounting Company Names that Add Bottom Line Revenue
Then in 1913, the US Constitution’s Sixteenth Amendment was ratified, empowering Congress with the authority to tax all incomes regardless of the apportionment requirement.
March 1, 1913, was the first filing deadline for federal income tax. It was later changed to March 15 in 1918. Then in 1955, it was changed to April 15 in 1955. Tax Day can be moved if it falls on a weekend or is in conflict with another US holiday.
Of course not everyone in the United States is obligated to pay taxes. For example, babies and children don’t have jobs and don’t earn an income. Additionally, some people don’t make enough money to hit the threshold of paying certain taxes like income tax. For example, an individual under the age of 65 must make at least $12,950 per year to qualify.