Are you in a slump? Lacking motivation? Making a habit of self-encouragement can help improve your mindset and encourage you to take actions needed to change your life.
This is where a daily mantra comes into play. While mantras may have originated in religious teachings and meditation, everyday mantras are often used in situations where someone needs to give themselves a motivational push and improve how you feel.
In this post, I’ve organized the most meaningful mantras you can use for a variety of situations and circumstances. If you want to change things around in your life, here are some mantras you can state out loud or internally each day to remind yourself about longterm goals.
- Mantras for Daily Success
- Daily Mantras for Self Confidence
- Daily Mantras for Positive Thinking
- Daily Mantra for Students
- Daily Mantra for Work
- Daily Mantra for Self Love
- Daily Motivational Mantras
- Daily Mantra Quotes
- Why do people say daily mantras?
- Do daily mantras actually work?
Mantras for Daily Success
- I will figure it out.
- Don’t wish for it, work for it
- Everything in the world was built by people no smarter than you.
- Excellence does not require perfection.
- I will work today. I will chase my dreams today.
- Forget your competition. I’m only competing against myself.
- I’m doing this for me.
- I don’t belong in this one bedroom apartment. I belong in a mansion. That is my final destination.
- If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.
- Never forget why you started. Today, I take two extra steps forward.
- Never mistakes. Only lessons.
- Take the time to get it right in the beginning.
- Work hard to know what you don’t know.
- You can find an excuse or you can find a way.
- You didn’t come this far to only come this far.
- You get what you focus on.
Daily Mantras for Self Confidence
- I accept my weaknesses with spaciousness, humor, and ease. They do not detract from my confidence.
- I’m going to change my income. Then I’m going to transform the lives of those around me.
- I believe in myself. I’m excited about my talents, gifts, and qualities.
- I distinguish clearly between what I need to accept and what I can change.
- I don’t have to be perfect to be confident.
- I know my life is a miracle. I respect it like a precious gem.
- I listen to my inner voice, my intuition, and my own direct experience.
- I take joy in every positive step forward I take.
Related Reading: 155+ Encouraging and Inspirational Quotes for Men After Setback
- I value myself. I value my mind, my emotions, my body, and my spirit.
- I’m always guided on my path. Guidance comes to me easily when i quiet my mind and listen.
- I’m grateful for bumps in the road, they help me steer in the best direction.
- I’m unique. I don’t compare myself to others.
- It’s okay to make mistakes. I’m human! I still love and appreciate myself.
- Low self-esteem is an old story i’m no longer willing to tell myself.
- My “failures” are stepping stones to success, when i see them in a positive light.
- Small steps build my confidence. I’ll take a small step toward one of my goals today.
- This is my life. This life belongs to me.
Daily Mantras for Positive Thinking
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness.
- Be easy. Do not allow outside influences to bring you down.
- I am strong, I am able, I am calm.
- I am blessed in so many ways. I have food, shelter, and the ability to pursue my dreams.
- I love who I am. I love who I have become.
- I shall stay patient and trust my journey.
- I trust in myself and the decisions I make.
- Joy is right here.
- Learn by doing.
- There’s enough for everyone.
- This thought is a choice.
- This too shall pass.
Daily Mantra for Students
- Everything is possible.
- I am a good role model.
- I am capable of being a great student.
- I am doing my best.
- The sun will rise again in my life.
- I am excited to learn something new today.
- I am grateful for all I have.
- I am not one who gives up.
- I will hit the books today and learn.
- I love to learn. I am brilliant.
- I am where i need to be right now.
- I can create change.
- My education will set me up for life.
- I can do this.
- I can find a solution to any of my problems.
- I create healthy balance in my life.
- I do not worry over things out of my control.
- I respect myself.
- If I fall, I will get right back up.
- It is okay to ask for help.
- My ability to learn is improving every day.
Daily Mantra for Work
- A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.
- Achieve small goals every day.
- Don’t judge your ability by what you can do now.
- Find a way. I will stay open to new opportunities and challenges in this moment.
- Get to know where the time goes.
- I can change and transform the lives of others by sharing my story.
- It’s business — don’t take it personally.
- More is not indicative of better.
- Morning sets the day.
- Small things done consistently in strategic places over time bring progress.
- Stay focused and do one task at a time.
- The only ones who are failures are the ones who never try.
- The only voice I’m listening to is my own.
- What will you do with your one wild and precious life?
- Working while exhausted reduces effectiveness.
- You are more than enough. You do more than enough. You have more than enough.
Daily Mantra for Self Love
- Take it one day at a time, and this too will pass.
- Change takes time, which involves patience.
- Every day, I am constantly evolving.
- I am here, and that matters.
- I am unique, no one else is me and that’s my superpower.
- I can choose how I perceive every situation.
- I will fill my heart with love and joy every day.
- It’s ok to feel what you need to feel.
- Just breathe. All will be well.
- My work does not define me.
Related Reading: 250+ Unique Life Motto Ideas with Examples that Help You Thrive
- Progress, not perfection.
- Small progress is still progress.
- Stay present. Get grounded. You are powerful.
- Take it one day at a time.
- Today I will show myself some loving kindness.
- You are capable of anything you put your mind to.
- You are enough.
- You don’t need to be perfect to be worthy of love.
- You’re strong and worthy—keep striving.
Daily Motivational Mantras
- Dream big and dare to fail.
- Every day is a new opportunity to do something amazing.
- It’s not about how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving.
- People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.
- Tell the world this is my voice
- The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win.
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do.
- The only way to fail is to give up.
- The only way to find out if you can do something, is to try.
- The only way to get better is to keep pushing yourself.
- There is no such thing as an impossible dream.
- You are capable of more than you can imagine.
- You are never too busy to set goals and work on them.
- You can do anything you set your mind to.
- You have everything you need inside of you.
- You have to be a little bit crazy to do great things.
- Your only limit is the amount of willingness that you exhibit.
- Your story is not over yet.
Daily Mantra Quotes
- “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Carlos Castaneda
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
“Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” – Seth Godin
- “The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.” – Lily Tomlin
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Someone once told me that ‘time’ is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again.” – Jean-Luc Picard
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
- “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
- “Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those doing it.” – Chinese Proverb
Why do people say daily mantras?
People say daily mantras to improve their lives and how they feel.
Providing yourself with positive affirmations is a proven self-help strategy that puts words into practice and can help motivate and inspire. These sayings, often performed daily, can help people overcome their self-doubt, their fears, and even self-sabotage.
Positive affirmations can serve as a daily reminder of longer-term goals. These daily reminders can help you take a little step forward each day, no matter what you want to do. For many people, it’s to start a business and make money. Others want to improve family relationships. Or maybe you want to get into better shape. Whatever it is affirmations can help you accomplish it.
Do daily mantras actually work?
Just like anything else, you cannot expect a few positive statements to change your life after a couple days, weeks, or even months. Truly changing your life and mindset takes time and action.
When I discovered self help topics I was determined to learn, but didn’t get visible results for years. For me, my ultimate goal was to build a business and get out of student loan / credit card debt. I started reading books, trying all sorts of different online businesses that mostly didn’t work out.
Eventually, I started the blog you’re reading right now. I’ve been writing and publishing on this website for nine years now. But for the first few years of writing, I did not have faith in the project working out. I just didn’t know what else to do.
One final tip. For positive affirmations to work, you don’t need to get rid of all your negative thoughts right away. I still have tons of doubts and worries. But I don’t let that worry keep me in place and not moving ahead. Instead, start moving forward, say positive affirmations, and move toward your dream destination. You may experience some off-ramps or detours along the way, but you can get there eventually with persistance.