According to the late astronomer Carl Sagan in his reflections on the photograph titled “The Pale Blue Dot,”
“Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.”
Everyone is a steward in preserving our life-giving planet. On Earth Day, let’s share these slogans and quotes on our social media posts, marketing collateral, and recyclable posters. Let’s remind ourselves and everyone that we all have to exercise responsibility and do our part to make the Earth a better, cleaner, and more sustainable place to live on April 22nd and every day.
- Earth Day Slogans
- Earth Day Quotes
- Earth Day Slogans that Rhyme
- Good Earth Day Slogans
- Short Earth Day Slogans
- Earth Day Sayings
- Earth Day Poster Slogans
- Funny Earth Day Quotes
- Earth Day Quotes for Students
- Earth Day Quotes for Instagram
- Earth Day Quotes for Kindergarten
- Earth Day Quotes for Schools
- Earth Day Quotes for Dogs
Earth Day Slogans
Let’s start with some simple but effective Earth Day slogans that you can use anywhere.
- Happy Earth Day!
- Let’s celebrate Earth Day together.
- Ain’t no Planet B.
- Earth Day is about honoring the planet.
- Love the Earth.
- Earth. You live on it. You keep it clean.
- Greetings, Earthling!
- The Earth is a living thing.
- The Earth is dying, but you can help revive her.
- It’s time to save the world.
- Rejoice Earth!
- It’s a lovely day to be a citizen of the world.
- I’m glad to be alive in this world today.
- Nature speaks to us and we must listen.
- Be kind to Mother Earth.
- The Earth is a special planet. Happy Earth Day!
- Love. After all, we live on Earth.
- It’s not too late to save the Earth, yet.
Earth Day Quotes
Let’s hear what famous people have to say about protecting the Earth.
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
- “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” – Lady Bird Johnson
- “The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.” —Ernest Hemingway
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” —John Ruskin
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.” —Jane Goodall
- “The good man is the friend of all living things.” — Gandhi
- “We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.” —Barbara Ward
- “He that plants trees love others besides himself.” —Thomas Fuller
- “The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it.”—Barry Commoner
- “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” —Jimmy Carter
- “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.” —Henry David Thoreau
“The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship.” – John Paul II
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” —Leo Tolstoy
- “We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.” — John Paul II
- “Time spent among trees is never time wasted.” —Anonymous
Earth Day Slogans that Rhyme
Rhymes definitely catch attention, especially with children.
- Lend a hand to save the land.
- Be the solution to pollution.
- Refuse, reuse.
- Think green, not gray, on Earth Day.
- To the earth, be kind because we can’t rewind.
- Earth day is our planet’s birthday.
- The Earth is our mother, so please love her.
- The resources of our planet are for our needs, not for our greed.
- We all share the land. Let’s give each other a helping hand.
- Plant a tree to make the world a better place for you and me.
- Each day, don’t throw all things away. Remember, every day is Earth Day.
- I am the Earth, and the Earth is me.
- Let’s make the Earth stay fresh, clean, and green.
- Do your share to show Mother Earth that we care.
- The Earth, in all its beauty, requires your utmost fealty.
- Keep our planet free from pollution and debris.
Good Earth Day Slogans
Let’s make everyone feel the good vibes during Earth Day.
- I’m an advocate of no plastic.
- We are all equal in Mother Nature’s eyes.
- Fresh air, green forests, blue seas.
- Earth Day: a day to start anew.
- What a beautiful Earth Day.
- Best day of the year for our planet.
- This Earth Day, turn off the lights and allow the Earth to breathe again.
- Rain during Earth Day is a sign of good luck and renewal.
- Go green.
- Plant a tree, and it will take care of you and your family.
- Earth Day is a good day!
- Today and every other day, let’s make the Earth even more beautiful.
- It’s within our power to make this world better.
- Let’s clean the world.
- God gave us the best gift: Earth.
- Sweet, pretty Earth.
Short Earth Day Slogans
Short on space? Check out these short but impactful Earth Day slogans.
- One world.
- Keep the planet green.
- Earth science.
- Earth Day galore.
- Celebrate Earth Day every day.
- The Earth needs you.
- Magnificent planet.
- The blue world.
- Green the world.
- Progress and develop responsibly.
- Cherish the world.
- Recognize your role as Earth’s savior.
- We’re all in this together.
- Nature’s Way.
- You are a force of good.
- Earth boy/girl.
Earth Day Sayings
Here are some insightful sayings about saving and preserving the planet we’re living on.
- “Be responsible to the Earth as you are responsible to your family.” – Unknown
- “Save the Earth before it’s too late.” – Unknown
- “The care of the Earth is our most ancient, most worthy, and our most pleasing responsibility.” – Wendell Berry
“Let’s permit Nature to have her own way. She understands her business better than we do.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Don’t interfere. It’s Nature’s way.” – Unknown
- “If the Earth dies, we die.” – Unknown
- “The Earth does not belong to us. We belong to the Earth.” – Chief Seattle
- “When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “It’s alarming that we’re living on this planet as if there’s another one to go to.” – Unknown
- “Hug a tree. Let it grow.” – Unknown
- “Respect every creature on Earth.” – Unknown
- “There’s an alien world beneath the waves.” – Unknown
“To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster for its renewal is our only hope.” – Wendell Berry
- “I came here to save the Earth.” – Klattu
- “Nature is both beautiful and terrifying.” – Unknown
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
Earth Day Poster Slogans
If you’re making an Earth Day poster for your school, home, or business, check out these ideas for slogans. These are pretty cool for poster-making contests.
- I’m all for the Earth.
- I’m a proud Earthling.
- Reconnect with nature.
- I am Captain Planet.
- When it comes to saving Earth, all of us are superheroes.
- The power of the Earth is just raw and primal.
- You are a creature of this Earth, nothing more.
- Don’t wait for change. Be the change.
- The only home we have
- Care for the world every day
- A clean, beautiful Earth shapes our future
- Greening the Earth for future generations
- Doing my share in protecting the Earth
- We share the Earth with plants and animals.
- The world is not solely for humans.
- Saving Earth through advanced technology
Funny Earth Day Quotes
Protecting and preserving the Earth is a serious responsibility. But you can still put a smile on while exercising such responsibility.
- “Go, short tree. It’s your earth day!” – Unknown
- “Happy Earth Day to someone who is hotter than our planet.” – Unknown
- “Breathe out and make a tree happy.” – Unknown
- “I’m all for saving the Earth. It’s the only planet that has chocolate.” – Unknown
- “Too bad trees only give oxygen, not WiFi signals.” – Unknown
“There is a dearth of mirth about Earth Day.” – Greg Tamblyn
- “We don’t deserve the Earth.” – Unknown
- “Take me to Mars.” – Unknown
- “I’m celebrating Earth Day having no wedding invitations to send out.” – Unknown
- “The Earth provides every man’s need, not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Peas on Earth!” – Unknown
- “Keep the Earth clean. It’s not Uranus.” – Unknown
- “I wonder if the next planet we destroy gets its own holiday.” – Unknown
- “Happy Earth Day to Thanos who singlehandedly reduced carbon and pollution footprint by half.” – Unknown
- “On Mercury, a day lasts for 1,408 hours. Just like Monday here on Earth.” – Unknown
- “There is no Planet B.” – Unknown
Earth Day Quotes for Students
Any of these quotes are perfect slogans for school posters and flyers during Earth Day.
- “Maybe we’re all special because we’re the same.” – Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- “The Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Small hands change the world.” – Unknown
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.” – Margaret Mead
- “Our forests are the Earth’s lungs.” – Unknown
- “Mother Earth is a living organism. Love, Honor, and Respect her.” – Unknown
- “Go planet! It’s your Earth Day.” – Unknown
- “Nature is a tool to get children to experience not just the wider world but themselves.” – Unknown
- “True wilderness is a place where you get humbled.” – Andrew Skurka
- “You are not special. There are bigger powers at play that you can never understand or imagine.” – Andrew Skurka
- “I tapped into the energy of their migration.” – – Andrew Skurka
- “We must lay the foundation while we may not know exactly how to build the ceiling.” — Greta Thunberg
- “I vote we start investing in a secure climate future right now.” — Jackie Speier
- “If every day were Earth Day we wouldn’t be in the mess we’re in.”— Neil deGrasse Tyson
- “We are on Earth to take care of life. We are on Earth to take care of each other.” — Xiye Bastida
- “Our ingredients can be traced across the universe. That’s almost spiritual.” – Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Earth Day Quotes for Instagram
Show off the beauty of Mother Nature in your Instagram posts. Then tell your viewers what they can do to preserve such beauty.
- What a beautiful world
- Exploring the deep, blue world under the waves
- Save the Earth
- The Blue Marble is our home
- We are a part of one world
- A trip in the wilderness is an experience in humility
- Let’s make every day Earth Day
- Make our planet greener
- A greener planet is a clean planet
- I belong to the Earth
- We need the Earth, not the other way around
- Camping in the wilderness reestablishes your connection with the Earth
- Nothing more refreshing than being under a waterfall in the forest
- A toast for Mother Nature this Earth Day
- Singing a song for the Earth.
- Travel and adventure. It’s a great way to appreciate Mother Nature
Earth Day Quotes for Kindergarten
Let’s instill the idea, belief, and responsibility of protecting the Earth to our children with these beautiful quotes from famous folks.
- “I have learned you are never too small to make a difference.” – Greta Thunberg
- “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues” – Dr. Seuss
- “The Earth is a beautiful thing.” – Unknown
- “Take care of the Earth, and it will take care of you.” – Unknown
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – Dr. Seuss
- “No matter how old you get, may you always stop to fill your pockets with smooth stones, empty snail shells, and other little treasures.” – Nicolette Sowder
- “Join hands on Earth Day to make our Earth a better place to live in.” – Unknown
- “Go green and make our Earth a beautiful place to live.” – Unknown
- “Every day is Earth Day.” – Unknown
“Try to leave the Earth a better place than when you arrived.” – Sidney Sheldon
- “The Earth is our home/ so blue and so green/ so let’s do our part/ to keep the Earth clean.” – Unknown
- “The Earth is the mother of my mother.” – Unknown
- “He who plants trees loves others beside himself.” – Thomas Fuller
- “We are so excited that we wet our plants.” – Unknown
- “Do your little bit of good wherever you are. It is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Unknown
- “No one will protect what they don’t care about, and no one will care about what they have never experienced” – David Attenborough
Earth Day Quotes for Schools
Use these quotes as a text for school posters during Earth Day.
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The least I can do is speak out for those who cannot speak for themselves” – Jane Goodall
- “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” – Mother Teresa
- “Earth Day should encourage us to reflect on what we’re doing to make our planet a more sustainable and livable place.” – Scott Peters
- “I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this planet of ours.” – Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- “Educating our children is a key ingredient in the recipe to save the Earth.” – Unknown
- “Let us strive to make our Earth more beautiful.” – Unknown
- “The best gift to our children will be a safe and beautiful Earth.” – Unknown
- “The Earth has music for those who listen.” – Shakespeare
- “I want you to act as if the house is on fire because it is.” – Greta Thunberg
- “Take only what you need and leave the land as you found it.” – Arapho Proverb
- “The greatest threat to our planet is believing that someone else will save it.” – Robert Swan
- “Teach kids to respect the Earth.” – Unknown
- “Leave no trace.” – Leave No Trace Center of Outdoor Ethics
- “Look deep into nature and you will understand better.” – Albert Einstein
- “Green is my sword to fight for a better living, make it yours too.” – Saalumarada Thimmakka
Earth Day Quotes for Dogs
Lastly, our furry companions have their own cute ways of telling others to save the planet. Here’s a great tip: print any of these quotes on your dog’s tags.
- “It’s Earth Day! Plant a tree. Dogs everywhere will salute you.” – Unknown
- “Find your place on this planet. Dig in, and take responsibility.” – Gary Snyder
- “Make our planet purrfect” – Unknown
- “Make our planet nice and cool for our furry friends.” – Unknown
- “Everything I know, I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
- “Celebrate Earth Day with your dog.” – Unknown
- “Walk your dog to the park instead of driving the car.” – Unknown
Related Reading: 150+ Creative Food Drive Slogans That Encourage More Donations
- “Dogs rule, humans drool.” – Unknown
- “Live long and pawsper.” – Unknown
- “When I look into the eyes of an animal…I see a friend. I see a soul.” – AD Williams
- “Those who teach us the most about humanity aren’t always humans.” – Donald Hicks
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them.” – Thom Jones
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France
- “Be the person your dog thinks you are.” – Unknown
- “It takes nothing from a human to be kind to animals.” – Unknown
- “You’ll never walk alone because I’ll always be with you. Love, your dog.” – Unknown
Earth Day is a time when the world bands together to declare in one voice our willingness to clean, save, and protect our planet for future generations. Make your voice heard with these slogans and quotes. Earth Day this year is April, 22nd.